Notices

about Kunitz

Old
12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

vCash: 500
about Kunitz

is this guy basically the top winger on the team. I mean, who gets the magical spot next to Getzlaf and Perry?

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:09 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Kunitz is awesome, but Perry is the best winger.

Nobody knows who will be Perry and Getzlaf's left winger yet. Ryan I heard is playing some left wing. He might be a perfect fit, I think the perfect compliment would be a power forward who shoots right handed. Perry is more of a puck possession grinder than a shooter or play maker (although he's a good passer), he likes to take it down the boards and when he does dangle, his toe drag to the middle works perfect from the right wing.

Kunitz is a good fit right now as long as Platt shows he can fit on line two, because there is no way Platt or even Marchant is going to work on line one. Sutherby will play left wing for line one again most likely, but who knows if he'll ever stick.

Last edited by Cone: 12-09-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:24 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

ah sorry, I meant lefty winger.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:33 AM
MOENing

It will probably be kunitz. I like to see Mac with them even though he's a center.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:04 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Kunitz is the top left winger, and as such he gets put with Getzlaf and Perry the most. But lots of people see time there, as Kunitz is versatile and plays well with McDonald as well. Carlyle is moving guys around to find a 2nd scoring line.

May, Sutherby, Bertuzzi, Miller, and Moen have all spent some time with the twins at some point this season. There's probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

I'm sure this is fantasy related, Kunitz is the only Ducks LW worth taking. But I'm not sure if he's worth taking at all, he'll probably continue to be moved around.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 01:45 PM
ericnut

As of now, it's Kunitz. When Selanne returns, I believe it will be Bertuzzi. In the future, Bobby Ryan.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
As of now, it's Kunitz. When Selanne returns, I believe it will be Bertuzzi. In the future, Bobby Ryan.
I'll believe the Bobby Ryan talk when I see it.

Until then I say we took the wrong kid in that draft.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Theridion

Kunitz is a great team player. You can basically expect him to make smart plays, make some hits, cause plays to happen, and have enough skill to capitalize on chances.

Kunitz is a wildcard that can be an effective player on pretty much any line.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
I'll believe the Bobby Ryan talk when I see it.

Until then I say we took the wrong kid in that draft.

I thought so too; I still do. How many chances do teams get such high draft picks and it just feels to me like the Ducks wasted their pick. Kopitar wasn't a name I remember being too familiar with, but it floored me when the Ducks passed on Jack Johnson. I sometimes wonder if Burke was drafting by position rather than who the best player was, and perhaps he didn't think the Ducks needed more defensemen prospects. There was nothing in the scouting reports that led me to believe Bobby Ryan was a better player than Jack Johnson.

arinkrat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I disagree about Ryan. Power forwards usually take much longer to develop, so I doubt we'll see anything crazy quickly. But he is developing fairly nicely, scoring a point a game in the A. Also, which players would you take over him. Yeah, there's Statsny, but him lighting it up was totally unexpected, and there was somewhat of a consensus that Colorado was reaching on that pick just so they could get a Statsny on the squad. There's also Kopitar, but that probably never would've happened, as Burke doesn't like Euros to begin with, and probably was scared to take a Slovenian. And what's so impressive about Jack Johnson? I mean, yeah, the kid was highly touted, but his stock has also fallen a fair bit, and he's done nothing thus far in his career to show me that he is and will be better than Bobby Ryan.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I disagree about Ryan. Power forwards usually take much longer to develop, so I doubt we'll see anything crazy quickly. But he is developing fairly nicely, scoring a point a game in the A. Also, which players would you take over him. Yeah, there's Statsny, but him lighting it up was totally unexpected, and there was somewhat of a consensus that Colorado was reaching on that pick just so they could get a Statsny on the squad. There's also Kopitar, but that probably never would've happened, as Burke doesn't like Euros to begin with, and probably was scared to take a Slovenian. And what's so impressive about Jack Johnson? I mean, yeah, the kid was highly touted, but his stock has also fallen a fair bit, and he's done nothing thus far in his career to show me that he is and will be better than Bobby Ryan.
Totaly agreed. But missing Kopitar was

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Kinda goes both ways don't ya think? Ryan hasn't done anything in his career to show me he's better than Johnson.

I agree forwards take longer, but he's one on the few not to make it to the big league yet from that draft year. Even after, Kane is up already.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope this kid tears it up when he does get here, but how long does he need to finally get here.

OR, is it a Conspiracy by Brian Burke to keep him in the minors so the Scott Neidermeyer can shave money from his salary and keep us under the cap, yada, yada, yada....

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Even with foresight I wouldn't have taken Johnson over Ryan.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote