Notices

The "Lets propose tradez thread"

Old
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
The "Lets propose tradez thread"

(Yes, I added a z because I wanted to).

So, lets see what you guys can come up with. We know that a trade WILL go down by Tuesday. We just don't know for who or for what yet. So, lets get started. Here are a few I think are pretty fair in value considering the circumstances.

Schenider and a 1st for Dustin Byfuglien

O'Donnell for a 3rd (doesn't matter who the team is).

I refuse to make a King Beauchemin proposal.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Dammit I had a big post typed out and then accidentally hit a "bookmark." And thus lost the post.

I would not want to trade Edmonton's 1st for Fugly (that should be his nickname). He had a great game against us, but by reading the Blackhawk boards he's somewhat inconsistent. He's also made huge progress recently, like Penner, so who knows what to expect from him (and lost like 30 pounds! in one offseason). And Chicago doesn't even know if he's a forward or defenseman, he's played both. Schneider and a 2nd is the most I'd want to overpay for him (and it is an overpay).

I'll provide some of my estimated trade values. These will all be in terms of picks, assuming the picks are 15.5th overall in the draft. Not that I expect trades for picks, just to express what I feel the values are.

Beauchemin: 1st and a 3rd (maybe 2nd). If he's traded it'll be only for full value.

Schneider: 1st and a low pick, like a 5th. He may get traded for less if Burke wants to re-sign Perry now, or if he has some indication Niedermayer may come back. By less I mean about a 2nd's worth.

O'Donnell: 3rd is his value, but I think they'd be willing to move him for less, like a 4th or 5th.

Marchant: 4th is his value, but they'll be willing to move him for pennies. Like a 7th, or future considerations, or a busted prospect who will be a career AHLer to help the minor league team. They may even consider packaging Edmonton's 3rd to trade him for future considerations/career AHLer. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to Phoenix or Washington for future considerations.

Moen: He may actually get moved. His 900k will clear up space for next year, and he can be partially replaced by Miller, who makes 120k less. I still don't fully understand tagging, but it's possible trading Moen and replacing him with Miller saves us over 1 million in tag space (120k saved in this year's cap space + 900k from Moen's salary next year). ANYWAYS, Moen is probably worth a 3rd, and if he's traded he'll probably get full value.

Last edited by snarktacular: 12-10-2007 at 11:14 AM.
snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:21 PM
duke of new york

How do you plan on trading 13 million dollars for picks and prospects if you couldnt trade 1 million in a starting goaltender?
Anyways, according to http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=224549 the ducks only have to lose $880K so the ducks may not even have to move Schneider I guess

duke of new york is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
I'd trade Beauchemin, but only for Jordan Staal.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:29 PM
AdamBanks8

I think you might be undervaluing FB a little and overvaluing Schneider.

FB = a 1st and a HF 7-8 rated Prospect. The way I see it he is not a one year rental. He is signed to a ridiculous contract through next season and still has atleast 5 more prime years ahead of him.

Mat = Because of his Age and salary a 2nd.

Wouldnt it be nice if someone would just take Marchant off our hands? Really that would put us in perfect position for a run this season, and we could figure out Perry after. Then if Nieds stays we trade Matt.

AdamBanks8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks8 View Post
I think you might be undervaluing FB a little and overvaluing Schneider.

FB = a 1st and a HF 7-8 rated Prospect. The way I see it he is not a one year rental. He is signed to a ridiculous contract through next season and still has atleast 5 more prime years ahead of him.

Mat = Because of his Age and salary a 2nd.

Wouldnt it be nice if someone would just take Marchant off our hands? Really that would put us in perfect position for a run this season, and we could figure out Perry after. Then if Nieds stays we trade Matt.
Well Beauchemin has only been soso this year. Of course a lot of that was that he was paired with Hnidy for much of the season and not Niedermayer. But I've noticed him get beat more than last year, whereas last year he was the defensive rock that allowed Niedermayer to roam. By my guess, your 1st and a 7-8 prospect is roughly 2x 1st (in my wacko currency system I'm gonna push for awhile), so we're not that far off.

As to Marchant... I'm really hoping Burke had curried some favor with Maloney or McPhee for that one. If Marchant's contract was up this year I'm sure it'd be no problem, that 2nd year worries me. OD's contract might be more palatable. And Phoenix or Washington could try to sell him at the trade deadline of 08 or 09.

Old
12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of new york View Post
How do you plan on trading 13 million dollars for picks and prospects if you couldnt trade 1 million in a starting goaltender?
Thanks for the old newsflash that we've had repeated at us since Niedermayer announced his comeback... but we've been over this and there were different circumstances involved with Bryzgalov's being waived. Besides, as nice as it'd be to free up Perry-space under the cap now (for next year), we don't necessarily need to get rid of Schneider right now (especially if we want another legitimate shot at the Cup).

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Theridion

marchant = 3rd/4th or less
Schnieder = 2nd or 3rd or less
Beauchemin = 1st + high prospect/young NHL'er

With Burkey saying he has a "deal on the table and is just waiting to see if he gets a better offer" makes me thinking we're not coming out on top of this deal or its something minor.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
(Yes, I added a z because I wanted to).

So, lets see what you guys can come up with. We know that a trade WILL go down by Tuesday. We just don't know for who or for what yet. So, lets get started. Here are a few I think are pretty fair in value considering the circumstances.

Schenider and a 1st for Dustin Byfuglien

O'Donnell for a 3rd (doesn't matter who the team is).

I refuse to make a King Beauchemin proposal.
This kid is a beast and going to be really good.

O'Donnell is one of the few stay at home defensemen we have in the line up, I don't think I would part ways with him.

I think Marchant should be traded or waived, Miller or Sutherby can take his spot, no problem. Marchant gives us what, 4-6 goal a year?

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Ducks

Marchant to anywhere for future considerations

Hnidy to anywhere for future considerations

make it happen burkie!

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
renodave

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post

Schneider: 1st and a low pick, like a 5th. He may get traded for less if Burke wants to re-sign Perry now, or if he has some indication Niedermayer may come back. By less I mean about a 2nd's worth..
If Burke and the Ducks weren't over a barrel, I would agree with this. The size of Schneider's contract will make it difficult for most teams to absorb but I really believe that Schneider will be the one to go - not so much because of the cap, but because of the Ducks internal budget. If they want to sign Selanne (which I hope they do), internal Budget considerations would be greatly eased if they could move Schneider. I could see the Pens taking on Schneider along with Edmonton's second and sending back a first. No one in the Western Conf will trade with the Ducks at this point and I doubt that Burke would want to give up Schneider or Beachamin to a Western Conf foe either. As far as Burke having a trade "already on the table", you can bet your house that he doesn't or else he would have said nothing.

renodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Schneider traded? I understand he is the most outstanding candidate, but I love the way he has been playing. He is okay in our own end and even though he shoots the puck too much, he creates great offensive chances and has been contributing with quite a few goals and assists considering the amount of games he has played.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Schneider traded? I understand he is the most outstanding candidate, but I love the way he has been playing. He is okay in our own end and even though he shoots the puck too much, he creates great offensive chances and has been contributing with quite a few goals and assists considering the amount of games he has played.
I'm with you. Espeically since I'm thinking Scott will retire and we'll be in trouble after that. But if Schneider nets a scoring winger I'd be happy with that. Because I have doubts that Teemu will come back. Although I admit it's seeming more likely now.

Old
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
I don't want to see Schneider leave either, who cares about budget, we want the best team available and why go after the same team as last year when we can have an even better one? Keeping schneider doesn't mean we can't sign Selanne if he wants to play.

Old
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
MOENing

Quote:
I'm with you. Espeically since I'm thinking Scott will retire and we'll be in trouble after that. But if Schneider nets a scoring winger I'd be happy with that. Because I have doubts that Teemu will come back. Although I admit it's seeming more likely now.
I have that feeling too. I feel that we will dropped what we need to only to find out that Niedermayer is thinking about retirement again. Then we are left with a decent team with money problems. Teemu I'll wait to see what happens.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
I don't want to see Schneider leave either, who cares about budget, we want the best team available and why go after the same team as last year when we can have an even better one? Keeping schneider doesn't mean we can't sign Selanne if he wants to play.
You can't just say who cares about the budget. The budget is important. Just realize that every million we're over budget is likely a million the budget will be lowered in a year or two. The owner may not mind paying a little more now, but expect it to be paid back in the end.

The only bonus about being over budget now is that if our payroll is at "50 million" it's not actually 6 million above budget because 1/3 of the season has already gone by. It's only 4 million above budget.

Old
12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
I don't want to see Schneider leave either, who cares about budget
The guy signing the pay checks.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
The guy signing the pay checks.
You know what, you're right. That is a very enlightening post, I encourage you to share your insight all over the forum.

Old
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Theridion

The ducks are not over barrel. If they were, they would not have spent the last 4 days considering offers.

Considering... not desperate for.

The Samuelli's are awesome people who have donated millions upon millions of dollars into southern california causes... I think their budget was based upon not losing money this season... not based on selling out almost every game.

Internal budget is a goal, but does not matter.

Old
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
You can't just say who cares about the budget. The budget is important. Just realize that every million we're over budget is likely a million the budget will be lowered in a year or two. The owner may not mind paying a little more now, but expect it to be paid back in the end.

The only bonus about being over budget now is that if our payroll is at "50 million" it's not actually 6 million above budget because 1/3 of the season has already gone by. It's only 4 million above budget.
Yeah, somebody has to pay the checks. No matter how you spin it, 50 million is A LOT of money even for a billionaire. As an owner, I certainly wouldn't want to be losing money.

So, big day tomorrow...kind of scared.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
h0ckeyman

schneider for mara and a 2nd

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Yeah, somebody has to pay the checks. No matter how you spin it, 50 million is A LOT of money even for a billionaire. As an owner, I certainly wouldn't want to be losing money.

So, big day tomorrow...kind of scared.
Most billionares wouldn't see hockey as an investment opportunity...

Old
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Fair Warning

I would look to the B's for a potential trading partner. We have the money to spare - with all of our recent injuries - and we play a system focused heavily on defense. We're always looking to improve it.

Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
I don't think the Bruins would want to give up Kessle for Beauchemin. Maybe some sort of deal for Schneider would work though.

Last edited by Cone: 12-11-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 12:01 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Only hourz to go...