HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aftonbladet: "Lundqvist to negotiate for new ≈$6.7M/year deal"

Old
12-31-2007, 11:54 AM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think Phaneuf and Johnsons are likely to put up bigger numbers than Staal, so it'll be hard for him to ask for quite as much. He might be better than they are defensively, but it's always been hard to argue that defensive players are worth more than guys who put up more numbers
I think that as well, but you never know. All it takes is one big contract year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Pogo

Is he signed yet?! Is he signed yet?!?!?! ZOMG I can't eat,sleep or breathe till I find out!! Why is this not done yet?! It's been like 3 hours already!!!
AHHHHH this team is screwed!!!

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Is he signed yet?! Is he signed yet?!?!?! ZOMG I can't eat,sleep or breathe till I find out!! Why is this not done yet?! It's been like 3 hours already!!!
AHHHHH this team is screwed!!!
This is obviously a sign that there's a rift between him and Sather. It'll never get done, the Rangers better trade him now and start Montoya

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:09 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
This is obviously a sign that there's a rift between him and Sather. It'll never get done, the Rangers better trade him now and start Montoya

For Ovechkin, of course.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
$6.7M for Lundqvist would be a great deal, and I think it's well within the realm of possibility that he'll sign for less than $7M. Lundqvist strikes me as a guy who both likes the team he plays for and wants to win, I don't think he's going to cripple the Rangers by shooting for the moon, even though he'd be well within his rights to do so with the quality of his play over the course of the last few seasons.

You guys got a real keeper with this guy.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

John Dellapina's blog

Quote:
At any rate, Glen Sather and GM Donnie Meehan have been talking about this ever since they hammered out the tide-them-over, one-year deal last summer. And I just spoke with Meehan, who said he and Sather have an understanding to sit down right after the World Junior Championship and get down to hammering out a long-term deal for Lundqvist.
Quote:
Also spoke with Lundqvist, who is well aware of the importance of the change of calendar pages. Suffice to say, Lundqvist has no interest in testing the market. He loves New York and wants to stay a Ranger for as long as can be arranged.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...t-to-long.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Im sure it wont take too long....they probably still have numbers from over the summer they talked about...its going to be a nice long term deal and all Ranger fans will be happy soon enough...im saying by end of January, Henrik is signed long term

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Good to hear, expect it soon enough.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 08:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Im sure it wont take too long....they probably still have numbers from over the summer they talked about...its going to be a nice long term deal and all Ranger fans will be happy soon enough...im saying by end of January, Henrik is signed long term
10 year deal?? i mean he wont be that old only 35. or will be a 6-8 year type.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
10 year deal?? i mean he wont be that old only 35. or will be a 6-8 year type.
I would be suprised if he signed more than a 6 year deal. That would give him the ability to negotiate a new deal at 31, right in the middle of what shoul be his prime.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Celestial Black

This is somewhat of a difficult thing to answer, Lundqvist really is the heart of our team and definitely needs to be locked up because of everything he brings to the game. I see him easily as one of the top five or even three goalies in the league and think he should get paid like one. However, I also think that Lundqvist really wants to be in the team and would possibly take a pay cut to leave cap for other players because he is trying to look out for the team.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 05:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The 25-year-old franchise goaltender also wouldn't mind returning to New York on Sunday with a little something else in his pocket - a long-term contract that ensures he remains a Ranger for the foreseeable future. While that won't happen, it is unlikely that Lundqvist and the Rangers will make it to the Jan. 26-27 All-Star Break without a new deal in place.

"My guess," agent Don Meehan told the Daily News Tuesday, "is that Henrik will be under contract to the New York Rangers by the end of this month
."
Quote:
"I just think everybody wants to get paid what they think they're worth," Lundqvist said. "No matter what you do, you look at what other guys are making doing what you're doing.

"But let's say it like this: If I would sign a longer-term deal and then the cap goes up, I won't be worried about it. If we get a good deal here and everybody's happy right now, I don't worry about what's going to happen in five years or 10 years
."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...ndqvist_n.html

Meehan is planning to call Glen Sather today

Old
01-02-2008, 07:18 AM
apetitfor400

8 mill a season.....wow!!!!
This just proves how much of a bargain Brodeur (5.5 mill) and Kiprusoff (5.7 mill) are.
I guess money is no issue in Yonkers.

apetitfor400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 07:31 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetitfor400 View Post
This just proves how much of a bargain Brodeur (5.5 mill) and Kiprusoff (5.7 mill) are.
who said hes getting 8 million??

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetitfor400 View Post
The $8 million figure was thrown out as an example in determining the cap number

Old
01-02-2008, 07:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
who said hes getting 8 million??
No one.Our friend has a reading comprehension issue

Old
01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Meehan, who has already begun laying the groundwork with Glen Sather on a multi-year extension for prospective Group II free agent Henrik Lundqvist, told Slap Shots that when it's all said and done, the length of the King's deal will be "of the conventional variety," as opposed to the 15 years Rick DiPietro received from the Islanders or the 12 years Mike Richards just extracted from the Flyers.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01062008...059.htm?page=2

Old
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
So ill have to guess he's going for more money if less years.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Celestial Black

I don't get why people keep trying to put Montoya in the same frame as Lundqvist. Yeah, he plays well sometimes...very inconsistent and is completely injury prone. I was seen him play live a bunch of times and Vali plays better in the crease. We need to package montoya with a few others (Hollweg, Callahan, Malik, Strudwick...etc) and pick up some new defense men and strong forwards. Lundqvist needs to be signed already, we all know how quickly he would go on the market, since plenty of teams are looking for a great goalie (Tampa Bay, Kings, Philly, just to name a few).

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
"Henrik is probably going to contend for the Vezina and maybe even the Hart this year. Me and Sather have discussed Henrik's future and they're looking to ink a long-term deal, as well," Meehan says.[/I]

Normally I'd agree but this year, he and subsequently the team have experienced a hiccup. No way he should get a MVP look at this point and as for the Vezina I'd pick Nabakov, Luongo, and Osgood over him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:04 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Normally I'd agree but this year, he and subsequently the team have experienced a hiccup. No way he should get a MVP look at this point and as for the Vezina I'd pick Nabakov, Luongo, and Osgood over him.
If he plays more games and keeps up his play, then maybe, but he has only played in 21 games (half of the Red Wings games). I don't think a goalie that plays just 1/2 of a teams games should get consideration for the Vezina.

Who my 3 would be at this point, I don't know. Luongo is a lock. Maybe Broduer and Nabakov as the other 2 finalists. If Lundqvist can regain his form from October and November, we will probably see him as a finalist again this year.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Isn't is a bit too early to talk about who gets a MVP look? We still have half the season to go. If this team gets back on track and Henrik has a monster 2nd half, he would surely be in the running.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 05:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don Meehan was in New York yesterday meeting with Slats

Quote:
Meehan met with the GM here yesterday to begin work on contract extensions for both Lundqvist and Dan Girardi.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01132008...me__905508.htm

Old
01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Lundqvist's agent Don Meehan was in town yesterday and said he planned to "have a coffee" with Rangers GM Glen Sather and get to work on a new contract for the franchise goaltender who can become a restricted free agent at season's end
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...id.html?page=1

Old
01-14-2008, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
His agent is negotiating what is believed to be a six- or seven-year contract with general manager Glen Sather. "I love playing here, of course," Lundqvist said. "I'm hoping we'll work something out soon."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...,4477349.story