HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor? Ek's the source...

Old
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
What is the motivation to move Svatos or Liles?
There's really no motivation in trading Svatos especially when we are trading him for his clone.
Negatives about Svatos; He is injury-prone, small, but he does play bigger than his actual size. He's not afraid to go those high-traffic areas. All-in all, he's decent player and might give you pretty good results, if you can give him more ice-time, with Colorado it's not going to happen. We are just too deep offensively, you know.

But we could use Liles too, he's very good powerplay quaterback, no doubt about it, but he has had pretty rough time this year getting his offense together though, bit of a slump or something. Why people would want him traded is because they are afraid we could lose him for nothing, you know he's going to be UFA.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
$2.5 million for Malik
And one more year after this?

Old
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
You make a good point, but given both sides' willingness to make a deal (though obviously mostly speculation at this point) and the mutual love that Henrik and the Rangers/fans have, I'd say a deal is more than 80% likely to get done before the season's over.

Given those circumstances, I think the Rangers would be foolish to pass up on a sweetheart deal involving Montoya just because Henrik isn't locked up yet. That being said, this wouldn't be one of those deals. And in the long run, I don't think it'll end up being an issue. I'm thinking/hoping that a deal will likely be in place before the trading deadline.
Chickens, eggs, hatching. I don't care how much love Henke has for New York or how much the Rangers would love to have him, a big-money offer from LA or some team that has cap room could change the picture very quickly.

It makes total sense to hold on to Montoya until after Henke is signed up and I think that there is very little chance for Al to be moved on before next season at the earliest. I'm sure Montoya is well aware of this, too. He could yet turn out to be the Rangers' goalie of the future.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
And one more year after this?
This is the last season of a 3 year deal worth $7.5 million

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
People stop making this crap up lol. No way this deal happens.
Why do want to deny Eklund his fantasies? We all like to play pretend sometimes, Dagoon.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Chickens, eggs, hatching. I don't care how much love Henke has for New York or how much the Rangers would love to have him, a big-money offer from LA or some team that has cap room could change the picture very quickly.

It makes total sense to hold on to Montoya until after Henke is signed up and I think that there is very little chance for Al to be moved on before next season at the earliest. I'm sure Montoya is well aware of this, too. He could yet turn out to be the Rangers' goalie of the future.
im pretty sure i remember hearing or reading (maybe someone could help clarify his for me) that a deal was already in place for Henrik....Sather was just waiting until January first to physically sign him so it wouldnt count against this year's cap...maybe im just blowing smoke

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
The Lundqvist contract negotiations will have no bearing on potential trades. If a team proposes a deal for a dman that we want, and the return includes Montoya, I doubt Slats says no "just to be safe"

Lundqvist will get his money, and he knows it, but he's not going to demand a ludicrous amount that would handcuff the team.
Why? He is carrying NYR team had 1-2 bad games.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This is the last season of a 3 year deal worth $7.5 million
Aah, then I don't see Malik as a bad thing. I thought he had another year for 2.5 mil.

Old
12-10-2007, 01:33 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Mike Richards should get Ryan Getzlaf money.Not Zach Parise cash.Richards has been the Flyers best player

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
TheMetalChick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yup. I would venture to say that its only been a couple of games in which Lundqvist HASNT been the deciding factor in the Rangers winning or losing, since they have not been scoring all season compared to the productivity they should be able to expect given their roster. As he goes, the Rangers go. I know the feeling, we are stuck like glue to our goalies productivity, too. Difference is, you expect that looking at the Isles' roster of 2nd-4th liners but you certainly dont looking at the Rangers'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Exactly, 007. If this team wants Henrik they need to play it smart. I think that is the very reason Montoya is still there- I cant imagine that nobody has expressed any interest in the guy, thats ridiculous. He is in waiting, and with good reason.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Luceni

Trade Jagr, Pock and 3rd Round Pick for Ovechkin ;-)

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
pld459666

This team doesn't need a PP QB, they need a rifle-man

someone that is going to shoot the ****ing puck be that from the Point or from the side boards or in front.

We have to many dickwads that all want to QB the effing PP and no one that wants to shoot.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
DontStaal

why are we paying prucha 1.6 million again?

and Svatos>Prucha, at least right now, he's actually producing somewhat

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
So take that for what it's worth but he's thinking Liles and Svatos to us for Prucha, Malik, Montoya and an "intriguing prospect".
Minus the "intriguing prospect", the trade looks pretty even as far as I'm concerned... Everyone except Montoya can use the change of scenery, and watching a handful of Avs games so far, it seems as though the coaching staff is losing confidence in Budaj...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Isn't Jessiman like bust? That's lot garbage for Liles. I mean, we are taking Malik's contract and bust? Basically we only get Dawes and we give up Liles + prospect/pick.

Lady: Is this some kinda bust?

Frank Drebin: Yes, it is very impressive

(fitting that my 1,000th post is a quote from Naked Gun)

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Lady: Is this some kinda bust?

Frank Drebin: Yes, it is very impressive
Hehe... Which Naked Gun was that in??!

Old
12-10-2007, 02:16 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Hehe... Which Naked Gun was that in??!
I believe the 2nd one.

Drebin: What would Hector Savage be doing in the red light district?

Ed: Sex Frank?

Drebin: Maybe later Ed, we got work to do.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
This team doesn't need a PP QB, they need a rifle-man

someone that is going to shoot the ****ing puck be that from the Point or from the side boards or in front.

We have to many dickwads that all want to QB the effing PP and no one that wants to shoot.

It's true. A PP QB doesn't have to be a defenseman... When he's on the PP, Jagr is the QB, without a doubt. The play runs through him, and he's generally the last to touch the puck before a shot is fired off. A defenseman who is willing to shoot from the point rather than flip the puck back to the low boards is what the PP needs, not someone else who looks to pass.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

If it wasnt Prucha, i wouldnt mind trading someone like Sauer or Baranka

I don't get it. People seriously play favorites on this board. What has Prucha done for us this season? Nothing. What is he costing us. $1.6 mil. Sauer and Baranka are still prospects who teams aren't sure about. Prucha has a background and more trade value, thats why Colorado wants him and not another unknown.

If a trade makes your team better than I say go for it regardless of who's being traded. i dont care if my favorite player gets traded as long as the team is better b/c I root for the NY Rangers not the NY Pruchas or any other player. I'll just find a new favorite player.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I don't get it. People seriously play favorites on this board. What has Prucha done for us this season? Nothing. What is he costing us. $1.6 mil. Sauer and Baranka are still prospects who teams aren't sure about. Prucha has a background and more trade value, thats why Colorado wants him and not another unknown.

If a trade makes your team better than I say go for it regardless of who's being traded. i dont care if my favorite player gets traded as long as the team is better b/c I root for the NY Rangers not the NY Pruchas or any other player. I'll just find a new favorite player.
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of Prucha, and until now, I've been reluctant to include him in any deal. I've used the logic that in time, and with more PP opportunities, he'd begin to produce. Unfortunately, that just hasn't happened. If a deal comes along to make our team better, there's no reason to not move Prucha. He's contributed very little this season and could use a change of scenery.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
So take that for what it's worth but he's thinking Liles and Svatos to us for Prucha, Malik, Montoya and an "intriguing prospect".
Liles the UFA and Svatos the Prucha clone. I seriously don't see how this is fair to the Rangers.

Svatos is a Prucha clone. except he's instead of 9 goals 1 assist, Prucha has 2 goals 6 assists. Just doesn't seem necessary.

Liles > Malik but Malik + Montoya? Gimme a break! Maybe if Liles had 3 years left on his contract but not as an impending UFA. We HAVE to get more than that for Monty. And then you add an "intriguing prospect" to all of that? No thanks.

Liles for Malik and an "intriguing prospect" sounds fairer. He's a rental so I wouldn't think he's worth so much. Maybe if it was the trade deadline. For Liles, not interested in parting with Sauer or Sanguinetti.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
who could benefit from a change of scenery.
Wouldn't the same be good for Prucha?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
On Home Ice this morning they were talking about a potential Dallas/TB deal that would essentially be St. Louis for Turco. I wonder what it would take to get St. Louis here? Montoya + ?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Liles the UFA and Svatos the Prucha clone. I seriously don't see how this is fair to the Rangers.

Svatos is a Prucha clone. except he's instead of 9 goals 1 assist, Prucha has 2 goals 6 assists. Just doesn't seem necessary.

Liles > Malik but Malik + Montoya? Gimme a break! Maybe if Liles had 3 years left on his contract but not as an impending UFA. We HAVE to get more than that for Monty. And then you add an "intriguing prospect" to all of that? No thanks.

Liles for Malik and an "intriguing prospect" sounds fairer. He's a rental so I wouldn't think he's worth so much. Maybe if it was the trade deadline. For Liles, not interested in parting with Sauer or Sanguinetti.
The Rangers would no doubt pickup Liles with intent to resign him... He's only 27 years old, and in seasons past has been a consistent threat on the blueline, scoring 14 goals in each of his last 2 seasons... He has MANY good years ahead of him...

Old
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
On Home Ice this morning they were talking about a potential Dallas/TB deal that would essentially be St. Louis for Turco. I wonder what it would take to get St. Louis here? Montoya + ?
Probably Staal.

Why the hell would Tampa trade St. Louis. Vinny and him have tremendous chemistry

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote