HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor? Ek's the source...

Old
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
JayMan82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Probably Staal.

Why the hell would Tampa trade St. Louis. Vinny and him have tremendous chemistry
WAYYYY too rich for our blood!

There is no way the Rangers can take on his salary...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
On Home Ice this morning they were talking about a potential Dallas/TB deal that would essentially be St. Louis for Turco. I wonder what it would take to get St. Louis here? Montoya + ?
why would we want another midget on the team. Granted he is better than both midgets we already have combined and ever will be probably but he is still another midget. We need a big burly PF that stands next to the crease getting deflections and rebounds. One that doesn't get tossed around easily ala Prucha, & Cally. Somebody like Antropov. Man i really wish there was someway of getting him w/o trading the entire youth system.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
why would we want another midget on the team. Granted he is better than both midgets we already have combined and ever will be probably but he is still another midget. We need a big burly PF that stands next to the crease getting deflections and rebounds. One that doesn't get tossed around easily ala Prucha, & Cally. Somebody like Antropov. Man i really wish there was someway of getting him w/o trading the entire youth system.
Anisimov is a year or two away from the Rangers

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
eco's bones

On the pwp we're not getting enough traffic in front anyway. Our forwards are too damned small. Gomez is a setup guy. Jagr--tends to work off the boards and is too often on the perimeter. There's no real point in shooting from 60' away if the goalie can see it all the way. Shanny is the only forward with some size we use up front--excluding Hossa who has gotten a lot of chances to play pwp but as Chadwick used to say 'couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing on the end of a pier.'

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
The Rangers would no doubt pickup Liles with intent to resign him... He's only 27 years old, and in seasons past has been a consistent threat on the blueline, scoring 14 goals in each of his last 2 seasons... He has MANY good years ahead of him...
you would hope so but then you sign him to a 4 year $16M extension only he goes on to show he "can't handle" the New York life, ends up stinking and anchoring down our cap. You'd want to see how he does during the year. IF he does well then it all works out. If not, you're wondering what happened to that player called Montoya. You're wondering, gee, we could have signed that Wade Redden fellow Perry Pearn keeps hyping instead of this bum. I'm exaggerating but I think for Liles, a prospect of Montoya's calibre is a big gamble.

Wolski's the only player I'm interested in in terms of addressing team needs but I'm pretty sure he's off limits. I'd trade for Liles for Malik + Dawes (if we don't intend on playing him).

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
On Home Ice this morning they were talking about a potential Dallas/TB deal that would essentially be St. Louis for Turco. I wonder what it would take to get St. Louis here? Montoya + ?
The only reason Tampa would consider that would be to trim salary if the proposed sale doesn't go through. And we wouldn't be able to help them do that, because we'd have to dump as much salary as St. Louis makes in order to be able to fit him under the cap.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
On the pwp we're not getting enough traffic in front anyway. Our forwards are too damned small. Gomez is a setup guy. Jagr--tends to work off the boards and is too often on the perimeter. There's no real point in shooting from 60' away if the goalie can see it all the way. Shanny is the only forward with some size we use up front--excluding Hossa who has gotten a lot of chances to play pwp but as Chadwick used to say 'couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing on the end of a pier.'
BINGO

I hate that about this team. They are perimeter players

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
Wouldn't the same be good for Prucha?
probably, but I admit to being a big fan of Prucha and don't want him traded. I understand he is struggling, but see no need to trade him. Would rather trade Dawes.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChick View Post
I think the Rangers would be crazy to get rid of Montoya before they get Lundqvist locked up for at least a few years. Having him in the system is one of the few bargaining chips the Rangers will have if Lundqvists agent shoots for the moon and asks for some ridiculous amount of money. Just having him still in the system- a young goalie thats a high pick who shows promise- might very well prevent that kind of thing. Any trade involving him shouldnt even be whispered about until that Lundqvist contract is signed and done. Otherwise, Lundqvists agent might feel like he is the one holding all the cards... and he might be right.
I agree somewhat. But at the end of the day I see Henrik and the Rangers coming to terms on a deal that's good for both sides. And that could happen as soon as 3 weeks from tomorrow.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
probably, but I admit to being a big fan of Prucha and don't want him traded. I understand he is struggling, but see no need to trade him. Would rather trade Dawes.
Yeah, but you're not going to get as much back for Dawes. Though both have struggled at the NHL level this season, Prucha has proven that he can produce over the past two years. Dawes hasn't proven anything.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:12 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Anisimov is a year or two away from the Rangers
I hope he does but that's not going to help us out this year when we really need him. All this makes Jessiman not panning out hurt even more. If he could've been the player we thought when drafted... it's a player like he was supposed to be that we are missing.

Old
12-10-2007, 06:16 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Yeah, but you're not going to get as much back for Dawes. Though both have struggled at the NHL level this season, Prucha has proven that he can produce over the past two years. Dawes hasn't proven anything.
and Prucha's cap is $1.6 mil. To get what maybe 10 goals this year if he's lucky. Buh-bye. A classic example of an overachiever.

Old
12-10-2007, 06:34 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I completely agree that Prucha can bring more back in a trade than Dawes but I'm allowed to play favorites. It's my right as a fan. I like Prucha. I like his work ethic. I like that he throws his 85 pound body around at bigger guys like he's 225. I would like to see Petr Prucha remain a Ranger.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
ThisYearsModel

Another BS rumor from spEklund. No way the Rangers do that. Now, if it were Liles for malik and a pick, fine. Montoya is not going anywhere yet, and trading Dawes or Prucha in such a deal would be silly.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
I'd love to see Pru stay in blue, and I think he will, but you never know if he'll be better there, becuase he's off to a pretty slow start this year.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Bretzky*

How about Montoya, Malik, Dawes, Prucha, 1st 2008 for Liles, Wolski

Straka Drury Jagr
Shanahan Gomez Wolski
Callahan Dubinsky Avery
Hossa Betts Orr

Staal Rozsival
Tyutin Girardi
Liles Mara

I know it's not likely but there's a cup-caliber team.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
those 2 salaries together dont equal Malik's...hes making 2.8-3 million or something like that

I would take Liles...i would rather not trade Prucha cuz i think he can break out of this funk that hes been in for awhile...Id rather give away Hossa because he would fit in the western conference. His type of power forward kind of play would be good in the West with the Avs....but ill get chewed out by Avs fans for that one so ill move on

If it wasnt Prucha, i wouldnt mind trading someone like Sauer or Baranka

im guessing No on this but since the Rangers would get Liles...who is a "Brian Leetch" type of Dman who is fast, jumps up in the play and can QB the PP (dont take it as him being as good as leetch or ever being as good as Brian) could Sangs be the "intriguing prospect" going the other way??? Oh god i hope not
No. Malik is making 2,5 mill and they are sending back 2,7.

Deal won't happen anyway although Malik for Liles I'd take in a heartbeat and sit Strudwick.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
How about Montoya, Malik, Dawes, Prucha, 1st 2008 for Liles, Wolski

Straka Drury Jagr
Shanahan Gomez Wolski
Callahan Dubinsky Avery
Hossa Betts Orr

Staal Rozsival
Tyutin Girardi
Liles Mara

I know it's not likely but there's a cup-caliber team.

Making the pick a 1st rounder is overpaying a bit. Make it a 3rd or even a 2nd and that would be more balanced.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Making the pick a 1st rounder is overpaying a bit. Make it a 3rd or even a 2nd and that would be more balanced.
I don't know. I think we'd have give at least that much for Colorado to even think about letting Wolski go. He's big and has got worlds of potential and has already proved he can score.

The way I calculated that was Dawes and Malik for Liles; Prucha, Montoya, 1st 2008 for Wolski.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Another BS rumor from spEklund. No way the Rangers do that. Now, if it were Liles for malik and a pick, fine. Montoya is not going anywhere yet, and trading Dawes or Prucha in such a deal would be silly.
Not so sure that this is BS. The Montoya-Mailk-Liles part of this makes a lot of sense. Montoya has far less value than most here think -- he's an RFA July 1 and is not resigning here. Everyone knows that. And don't think we can simply match whatever offer he gets because we can't afford to pay that much to a backup goaltender. Liles would make a ton of sense. Not sure about Svatos for Pruicha -- that seems like an odd exchange but dream on if you think we're getting Wolski. He's a future captain in Colorado. Actually I think something along these lines has been whispered in Denver.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Isn't Jessiman like bust? That's lot garbage for Liles. I mean, we are taking Malik's contract and bust? Basically we only get Dawes and we give up Liles + prospect/pick.
Honestly I think Prucha, Montoya, Malik is fair for Liles and Svatos. No need for the prospect since Prucha = Svatos. Carbon Copys. Malik is a downgrade from liles, but you get a Grade A goaltending prospect in Montoya who could easily turn into a Start top 10 NHL goaltender. If thats the case then you just gave up basically Liles for Montoya and took on Maliks salary. This trade as long as it has Montoya in it has a hell of a lot more upside for you guys.

Montoya in a year will > Budaj, is Theodore still on your team? if so Montoya will >>> Theo for a 6th of theos salary.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
I don't know. I think we'd have give at least that much for Colorado to even think about letting Wolski go. He's big and has got worlds of potential and has already proved he can score.

The way I calculated that was Dawes and Malik for Liles; Prucha, Montoya, 1st 2008 for Wolski.
Im 100% fine with that.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Montoya has far less value than most here think -- he's an RFA July 1 and is not resigning here. Everyone knows that. And don't think we can simply match whatever offer he gets because we can't afford to pay that much to a backup goaltender.
You are grossly overvaluing Montoya if you think someone's going to try to poach him with an offer sheet. The AHL is stacked with comparable goaltending prospects (Rask, Schwarz, McElhinney and Halak come to mind for starters). He hasn't yet cracked the top 10 in GAA or Save % in the AHL this season, nevermind the fact that there's a glut of NHL-proven goalies floating around who come cheap. Should Montoya still be here this summer, his options will be to sign with the Rangers, or go play in Europe.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
thomascal377

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
i still dont understand why you guys want to hold onto montoya so badly; if lundqvist is
going to be playing the vast majority of the games whats the use? it would be like toskala & nabokov in san jose last year (that is, if montoya is all hes cooked up to be), except that
one would hardly be able to play.
any explanation for this?

thomascal377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
So take that for what it's worth but he's thinking Liles and Svatos to us for Prucha, Malik, Montoya and an "intriguing prospect".
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11721
What would you all think about that? Who could this prospect be? As much as I'd like to have Liles and Svatos, I don't know if I'm ready to part with Montoya yet(much rather prefer till he proves himself a bit/we get Hank signed long long term) and I like Prucha so I don't want him traded. I'd do Dawes in his place though.
Oh man an Elk trade rumor is less than shakey, I'll agree with you that Until Hank is signed we don't trade Montoya.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote