HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers WILL be acquiring a D-man..

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Rangers WILL be acquiring a D-man..

But all Ranger fans are holding their breath to see what level panic move Sather makes next..

An all out dump of any young players in the system, to get an over the hill, overpaid defenseman to help gain a stranglehold on that 10th spot in the East???

Or does he finally do the right thing and send some vets for someone who can contribute in the future??

The only names bandied about in todays local rags were Boughner and O'Neill from the Hurricanes.. Obviously Boughner wouldn't cost much, but with any O'neill deal, the price would be so much heavier..

At least the "Fire Sather" chants are getting louder, Dolan HAS to hear it sooner or later..

Speaking of Fire, Lindros is on fire, I can't think of a better time to trade him..

Contenders, whatcha' got for Lindros, Nedved, Carter, Hlavac and even Kovalev????

Old
01-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Davisian

Oh yeah, might be good to include a link to the Boughner mention..

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/21/sp...ey/21RANG.html

According to a team official in the National Hockey League with knowledge of Sather's discussions around the league, Carolina Hurricanes General Manager JIM RUTHERFORD "has had casual conversations with Glen" recently, and right wing JEFF O'NEILL's "name has come up." When Sather was asked yesterday morning whether he had any interest in O'Neill, Carolina's leading scorer, Sather sidestepped the question, saying, "I don't know where he's going." Considering that the Hurricanes have been interested in trading the veteran defenseman BOB BOUGHNER, Sather could try to put together a package for Boughner and O'Neill.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Marksman

I always thought O'Neill was a forward, not a defenceman.=)

I would make sence though. Rags looking for defender - and getting another offensive forward.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
I always thought O'Neill was a forward, not a defenceman.=)

I would make sence though. Rags looking for defender - and getting another offensive forward.
But O'Neill is too young..

Rangers need D, so it'll be Francis for Lundmark, Ortmeyer and Tjutin..

Old
01-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian

Yeah because Sather has made so many youth for veteran trades!

Old
01-21-2004, 08:41 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

I wonder maybe Sather can try to get Richard Matvichuk.

What u think of this? Matvichuk to Rangers for Anson Carter

Rangers would be getting a tough dman who blocks shots and would be good partner for Brian Leetch.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
Yeah because Sather has made so many youth for veteran trades!
Ahem-

See: Lindros, Eric. Bure, Pavel. Kovalev, Alexei. Dunham, Mike.

C'mon lil' buddy.. You can choose the Ostrich route on the state of the Rangers, but I choose to look at the body of work Satehr's put forth.. Neil Smith was fired for less..

Old
01-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Ahem-

See: Lindros, Eric. Bure, Pavel. Kovalev, Alexei. Dunham, Mike.

C'mon lil' buddy.. You can choose the Ostrich route on the state of the Rangers, but I choose to look at the body of work Satehr's put forth.. Neil Smith was fired for less..
ok name the great prospect we traded. name the guy that sather traded that is doing anything with another team? i agree neil smith was fired for less but this isn't the time to make a change.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:50 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Gonchar and Jagr

for

Lindros, Poti, Carter and Tjutin

Old
01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
H-Bear

Considering their trading history, EDM has to be in the running here; Smith perhaps?

I have no idea about the return though.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Davisian

Quote:
ok name the great prospect we traded. name the guy that sather traded that is doing anything with another team? i agree neil smith was fired for less but this isn't the time to make a change.
I Could throw out name slike Kim Johnsson or Marek Zidlicky, but instead, I'll give you some free advice..

Stop looking for the "great" prospect he's traded, and look to the core of youth he's squandered for the 10th spot.. If you don't develop a group of kids together, you get disjointed and inconsistent teams..

Going on 7 years now, when IS the right time to make a change?

Old
01-21-2004, 08:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I Could throw out name slike Kim Johnsson or Marek Zidlicky, but instead, I'll give you some free advice..

Stop looking for the "great" prospect he's traded, and look to the core of youth he's squandered for the 10th spot.. If you don't develop a group of kids together, you get disjointed and inconsistent teams..

Let's also not overlook all the picks that were "throw ins"

01-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Let's also not overlook all the picks that were "throw ins"
Yeah but what have picks done for us?? NOTHING..

Picks are for LOSERS..

sigh

Old
01-21-2004, 09:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah but what have picks done for us?? NOTHING..

Picks are for LOSERS..

sigh
Picks are different here?

Old
01-21-2004, 09:17 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

How about this proposal? Like I have seen above, now is the perfect time to trade Lindros. The Rangers need a D-Man and the Wings could use a big center. Here is my proposal:

Rangers Get: D Jiri Fischer, C Jiri Hudler, Detroits 1st rounder 04.

Detroit Gets: C Eric Lindros, D Fedor Tyutin, Rangers 1st rounder 04.

Now let me break it down a bit.

Lindros is a potential UFA after this year, meaning he could walk away in July.
Fischer has at least five-seven (depending on the CBA outcome) years before he can become a UFA.
Fischer's trade value is better than Lindros.

Hudler is a top offensive prospect.
Tyutin is a top defensive prospect.
About an even deal on the prospects.

Detroit's 1st rounder will be 27-30th pick overall.
New Yorks's 1st rounder will be 15-24th pick overall.
The few place difference in the picks make the Lindros for Fischer square.

What does this look like to you Wings and Rangers fans?

Old
01-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

wow kim johnsson and marek zidlicky? future norris winning defenseman you have there. oh yeah those picks. darn i forgot about those picks. yeah they have added up. how many picks has sather traded? im sure you must know. yeah picks are different here.

Old
01-21-2004, 09:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
wow kim johnsson and marek zidlicky? future norris winning defenseman you have there. oh yeah those picks. darn i forgot about those picks. yeah they have added up. how many picks has sather traded? im sure you must know. yeah picks are different here.

2001 5th Round Pick in Alexei Gusarov trades

2002 4th Round Pick in the Poti trade.

2002 1st Round Pick in the Bure trade

2003 4th Round in the Bure trade

2003 3rd Round Pick in the Lindros trade.

2004 4th Round Pick in the Mironov trade

2004 9th Round Pick for Jay Henderson

Old
01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
2001 5th Round Pick in Alexei Gusarov trades

2002 4th Round Pick in the Poti trade.

2002 1st Round Pick in the Bure trade

2003 4th Round in the Bure trade

2003 3rd Round Pick in the Lindros trade.

2004 4th Round Pick in the Mironov trade

2004 9th Round Pick for Jay Henderson
oh boy you really got me singin. Wow that is some list. Holy Cow am i ever eating crow right now.

One first round pick one third round pick two fourth round picks oh wait i forgot the 9th round pick. yeah sather has really traded youth and picks away. hmm

Old
01-21-2004, 09:54 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
How about this proposal? Like I have seen above, now is the perfect time to trade Lindros. The Rangers need a D-Man and the Wings could use a big center. Here is my proposal:

Rangers Get: D Jiri Fischer, C Jiri Hudler, Detroits 1st rounder 04.

Detroit Gets: C Eric Lindros, D Fedor Tyutin, Rangers 1st rounder 04.

Now let me break it down a bit.
yea, dont like it... rather keep fischer and not gain lindros

Old
01-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Davisian

Quote:
oh boy you really got me singin. Wow that is some list. Holy Cow am i ever eating crow right now.

One first round pick one third round pick two fourth round picks oh wait i forgot the 9th round pick. yeah sather has really traded youth and picks away. hmm
I see the problem now.. You don't seem to understand how a t-e-a-m is built..

You're looking for "stars" or "norris winning defensemen" or a bunch of first rounders as evidence that Sather has not given up value, but you're completely negelcting that lack of "stars" has not been the problem here.. It's been lack of organizational depth, and panic moves that set them back year after year..

Old
01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
JR#9*

You should be eating crow Jar-Jar b/c it is just ridiculous to see Slats time here as other than failure.He's been here 3 1/2 yrs and we are in the same exact spot we were before he got here.

He is a total joke as a coach and none of his trades have worked out.Lindros this year is delivering but it's just in time for him to walk come July.Slats got absolutely ***** on the York deal, came out on the short end of the Carter deal, lost on the BUre deal, and basically the guy has been a miserable failure.

How you continue to attempt to defend this a$#%^^*& is beyond me.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
yea, dont like it... rather keep fischer and not gain lindros
Don't like it either.. Seems kind of a lateral move for the Rangers..

UFA or not, Lindros (as he has been for the last two months) will be able to fetch a few youths without having to trade down on the first round.. Maybe not youth with Hudler or Fischer's upside, but the Rangers need more organizational depth.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:00 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think jarjar is right. The Rangers are just one or two players away from being the best team in the league, they know what they are doing and haven't lost a trade yet. Losing Zidlicky, Kloucek and Murray was a small price to pay for that great goalie Mike Dunham. I mean let's look at it Murray has a few shorthanded goalies and does a good job killing penalties, but he's a defensive forward, NY doesn't need any of those, Zidlicky is an undersized offensive defenseman he has 9 goals and 18 assist but the Rangers have plenty of offensive defensemen, Kloucek was traded for a Gamache and a defensive prospect how does that help the rangers and just think all of that for Mike Dunham who leads the team in save %, no wait, umm goals against average, no, uhm wins, yes he leads in wins by four.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:17 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think jarjar is right. The Rangers are just one or two players away from being the best team in the league, they know what they are doing and haven't lost a trade yet. Losing Zidlicky, Kloucek and Murray was a small price to pay for that great goalie Mike Dunham. I mean let's look at it Murray has a few shorthanded goalies and does a good job killing penalties, but he's a defensive forward, NY doesn't need any of those, Zidlicky is an undersized offensive defenseman he has 9 goals and 18 assist but the Rangers have plenty of offensive defensemen, Kloucek was traded for a Gamache and a defensive prospect how does that help the rangers and just think all of that for Mike Dunham who leads the team in save %, no wait, umm goals against average, no, uhm wins, yes he leads in wins by four.
Easy there big guy.

Nashville fans can't run their mouths at this point in time as if they've accomplished anything or have build such a solid future while being an expansion team ala Atlanta.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
You should be eating crow Jar-Jar b/c it is just ridiculous to see Slats time here as other than failure.He's been here 3 1/2 yrs and we are in the same exact spot we were before he got here.

He is a total joke as a coach and none of his trades have worked out.Lindros this year is delivering but it's just in time for him to walk come July.Slats got absolutely ***** on the York deal, came out on the short end of the Carter deal, lost on the BUre deal, and basically the guy has been a miserable failure.

How you continue to attempt to defend this a$#%^^*& is beyond me.
I support the new york rangers through thick and think. i am not your usual rangers fan. i am not like u guys who are about as loyal as a rat on a sinking ship.

Hmm i don't know how a team is built? just last week the a "true blue" rangers fan said the rangers have no superstars in the system just grinders. now rangers fan are complaining we only have grinders in the system. PLEAZE. if you dont like the direction of the team dont watch.

Closed Thread