HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The official University of Michigan thread

Old
01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
adzrne7

vCash: 500
Can someone tell me how David Wohlberg has been playing. I have heard he is a John Madden clone.

adzrne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
grsbmd

A Todd Bertuzzi moment to end the UM-MSU series

grsbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Shoalzie

5 for 5 against Lil' Brother...a total cheapshot at the end of the game on Kampfer. Hopefully he's okay considering the injury he had before.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Shoalzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsbmd View Post
A Todd Bertuzzi moment to end the UM-MSU series

It was a chicken **** move.

Ken Daniels has been on mark all year long...guys have to retaliate to every time a guy gets clean hit on them. That was totally unnecessary...

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
naihlflames

anyone have a youtube of the Kampfer cheap shot?

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

http://mvictors.com/?p=2213

Typical MSU garbage... Corey Tropp should be suspended for the rest of their miserable god awful season. How you can slash someone in the head when he is down is amazing.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 02:27 AM
BPR*

Word is Kampfer's dad tried to run into the State locker room and confront Comley after the game. Not sure I can blame him after that cheapshot and everything else his son has gone through.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
http://mvictors.com/?p=2213

Typical MSU garbage... Corey Tropp should be suspended for the rest of their miserable god awful season. How you can slash someone in the head when he is down is amazing.
First off, I saw the game and I'm in agreement with everyone else here. It was total bush-league. However, to be fair to Tropp, he's not the one (or rather only one) that should have the book thrown at him. It was Conboy who sucker punched Kampfer to begin with. I think it was absolutely BS that Conboy was assessed just a double minor and Tropp got a double DQ. I'm not saying that Tropp didn't deserve a harsh penalty, he did. But IMO Conboy should get an equally harsh, if not harshier penalty since he was the one that started it all in the first place.

BTW, you all should read this: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._michigans.php

Kampfer was taken to the hospital and Comley will suspend Conboy and Tropp from next weekend's series at LSSU, regardless of what, if anything, the CCHA decides to do discipline-wise. At least, Comley is willing take responsibility for his players' actions and make them do so. And for that I applaud him.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
BPR*

Another view of it.

Old
01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

how long could Conboy could be suspended?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
how long could Conboy could be suspended?
Who knows. All I know is that he and Tropp won't be making the trip up to the Soo for the LSSU series this coming weekend.

BPR: According to the various Michigan fan sites and blogs, they're all saying that Kampfer's dad (or whoever it was that tried to get into the Spartans locker room) was actually after Tropp, not Comley.

Old
01-25-2009, 07:57 PM
BPR*

Mgoblog posted an article from the Michigan Daily that said Kampfer was released from the hospital and expected to be fine. The link to the original article isn't working anymore though, so I'm not sure what the deal with that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
BPR: According to the various Michigan fan sites and blogs, they're all saying that Kampfer's dad (or whoever it was that tried to get into the Spartans locker room) was actually after Tropp, not Comley.
That would be more appropriate. Tropp deserves to get a beating from someone.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
grsbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Kampfer was taken to the hospital and Comley will suspend Conboy and Tropp from next weekend's series at LSSU, regardless of what, if anything, the CCHA decides to do discipline-wise. At least, Comley is willing take responsibility for his players' actions and make them do so. And for that I applaud him.

A two-game suspension for each of them would be a slap on the wrist.

What Conboy did is at least on par with Todd Bertuzzi. I might say even worse. It's well known that Kampfer has had injury problems his head/neck. What does Conboy do? Drags him down by his neck from behind. Looked like Steve was out the second he hit the ice.

Then there's not even a comparison for Tropp. Look at the screenshots/video from this site: http://mvictors.com/?p=2230. He had every intention of slashing a player who was already down. He actually pulled back, waited for a better angle, wound up, and slashed an unconscious player in the head. There's not even a legal precendent for this in hockey. I say, kick him off the team at a minimum.
I wouldn't blame the Kampfers at all if they took legal action.

grsbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:17 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

There is going to be a lot of pressure on CCHA commish Tom Anastos to throw the book at these two players. He's an MSU alum. MSU is a high profile program in the CCHA. If he doesn't suspend these guys for the rest of the season, he's going to have credibility issues when the next incident arises and he wants to lay a huge suspension on some guy playing for Bowling Green or Alaska Fairbanks.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 07:31 AM
naihlflames

I follow alot of hockey and I don't know if I've ever seen something this bad where two players attack 1 player at the same time with one hitting him in from the blindside and the other slashing his head when he is down. Unreal and a new low.

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 06:29 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Tropp and Conboy done for the season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5658430.story

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
Tropp and Conboy done for the season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5658430.story
Good move on Comley's part. He said he'd handle it internally and he acted accordingly.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
I saw this live and it made me sick to my stomach. There is absolutely no place for that in hockey. There should be retribution that lasts beyond this season. Comley is losing control of his last place team and it could likely get worse before it gets better for stupid sparty.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
I saw this live and it made me sick to my stomach. There is absolutely no place for that in hockey. There should be retribution that lasts beyond this season. Comley is losing control of his last place team and it could likely get worse before it gets better for stupid sparty.
I'm not sure how much worse it can get for them. I applaud Rick Comley for taking swift action and sending a very strong message to his players that that stuff won't be tolerated. It's just too bad that other coaches in the hockey world (and I'm not necessarily referring to Red here) can't/won't take a cue from what Comley has done.

Old
01-27-2009, 08:53 AM
lowayne

This is just deplorable. As an Notre Dame fan I wish the best to Kampfer and hope he returns to the ice soon. I watched Bertuzzi do a similar deed to Moore a few years ago - there is no room for this bullsh*t in hockey. Zero. I am sure there will be empty apologies as in the Bertuzzi events as well.

lowayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
If you look closer it actually looks like Conboy is protecting Kampfer from Tropp. He literally pushes Tropp away after he teed off on Kampfer's head.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
FlyingOctopi

Suspended MSU hockey players leave program

As a MSU student I'm glad to see that these guys are no longer with the team. What they did was deplorable and an embarrassment to the university.

FlyingOctopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

THIS story goes into more detail about how Kampfer's father gained access to the visitor's locker room at Yost and what's being about it. Red Berenson says that the elder Kampfer did make an apology.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Only Conboy has left for good so far, Tropp could be reinstated and I think he will be if he stays seeing as how he has no history of this type of behavior while Conboy does.

Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Only Conboy has left for good so far, Tropp could be reinstated and I think he will be if he stays seeing as how he has no history of this type of behavior while Conboy does.
Tropp just returned to the USHL. He'll be suiting up for his old team, Sioux Falls. It's on their (Sioux Falls) website. My guess is Tropp will be looking to transfer. I could wrong on this one, but that's my guess.