HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gdt Oilers @ Blues

Old
12-11-2007, 11:00 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

vCash: 500
why wasn't kariya in your shootout? did he get injured, cause if he was left out on purpose thats just a wacky call.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Frenzy1

That is just frusterating. Brewer has stunk for the last 4 games - bad - like worse dman out there bad. And I have defended him for most of this season, but two goals were direct results of a bad give away and leaving a man in front of the net...

Then we have Walker out the PK - the great shutdown dman that he is.... Again, EJ doesn't see a minute of kill time. ***.

Then in OT, no Perron, No EJ - so we take our slicked skilled forward who worked hard all game and our top dman this game and sit them on a bench to watch McKee mishandle a puck on the line....

I don't get it. The Oilers played their kids, why not us?

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:05 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post

That is just frusterating. Brewer has stunk for the last 4 games - bad - like worse dman out there bad. And I have defended him for most of this season, but two goals were direct results of a bad give away and leaving a man in front of the net...

Then we have Walker out the PK - the great shutdown dman that he is.... Again, EJ doesn't see a minute of kill time. ***.

Then in OT, no Perron, No EJ - so we take our slicked skilled forward who worked hard all game and our top dman this game and sit them on a bench to watch McKee mishandle a puck on the line....

I don't get it. The Oilers played their kids, why not us?

They don't have Brewer Credibility.

Why was Weight out there and not Stempniak or Kariya as already mentioned?

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Kyle McMahon

Listened to the game on the radio here in Edmonton. Basically sounded like a boat load of terrible (aka "new NHL") penalty calls all night. It also sounded like Perron was very involved.

PS, was that anthem singer the Blues' regular guy? One of the worst I've ever heard, and I think I heard the crowd booing.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Listened to the game on the radio here in Edmonton. Basically sounded like a boat load of terrible (aka "new NHL") penalty calls all night. It also sounded like Perron was very involved.
There were a lot of questionable calls, the Walker on Pitkanen double minor for high sticking was TOTAL BS, arguably the WORST acting job to get a penalty call I have ever seen. It looked like Pitkanen actually ran into the stick.

Perron played OK, but I wouldnt say anything special. He has been a very active player when he plays, but tends to get lazy when is stays in the lineup for extended periods of time, but Murray has been good kicking him in the ass when he needs it.

Quote:
PS, was that anthem singer the Blues' regular guy? One of the worst I've ever heard, and I think I heard the crowd booing.
Get ready to get shelled for this, you dont mess with Chucky Glenn. And it was Bluuuuuueeees, not Boos.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
General Veers

Quote:

Yes, there were a lot of "new NHL" calls.
No, Perron was not VERY involved, he was just involved.
As for the singer, use some common sense. It's the land of the free, and the home of the BLUUUUUUES!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Klaus*

Funny, the Oiler fans all thought the refs were horrible too.

Should've never been a 5 on 3 late either.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 02:36 AM
Klaus*

Good game by the way... you guys got an excellent team this year that should do some good damage in the playoffs.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
How did Toivonen do in the last games? He was outstanding in the Blues' loss at Calgary, but he let in in 13 goals in the last two games. So is it just poor defensive play or does Toivonen deserve to be blamed for that, too?

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Mike6749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
How did Toivonen do in the last games? He was outstanding in the Blues' loss at Calgary, but he let in in 13 goals in the last two games. So is it just poor defensive play or does Toivonen deserve to be blamed for that, too?
Defense has been horrible. Bad play by Bäckman, Jackman, McKee, Brewer, Walker, and Salvy and to a lesser extent EJ.

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Poor D coverage. The first goal was a give away - pass right to Horcroft and he put it in the net. The 2nd and last goals were Blues Dmen leaving a man wide open in front of the net w/ plenty of time to burry the puck. The 3rd goal was a Sheldon S shot on a 5 on 3 that just blew by everyone.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Uncle Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
They don't have Brewer Credibility.

Why was Weight out there and not Stempniak or Kariya as already mentioned?
Since Weight is really HOT of late, after the dry spell, Murray probably wanted to take advantage of that. The Shootout appearance was maybe a little reward for Dougie... I can't fault Murray for using Weight, but...

I agree Kariya should have shot, in place of Perron. You could tell he was a little nervous and/or anxious, by skating right into the goal post. Don't get me wrong I like Perron, a lot! Still when you have Paul Kariya as a possible shooter... you use him.

Uncle Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
St.Louis sports fan

All that needs to be said is Eric Brewer's icetime = 26:18 and Erik Johnson's = 17:22. One player had 3 assists for his team and the other had 3 assists for the other team. Please tell me that Andy Murray has a clue, but I just don't see it. It's time to take off the kid gloves and let the better player play. If EJ get's worn out then sit him for a game or two, but when he dresses he should play more. You can tell in EJ's interview between periods that he is getting more confortable with the NHL every game.
On the positive side guys, our first round, 2 second rounders, and 2 third rounders are bound to be much higher picks if they keep playing Brewer 26 minutes a night.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
All that needs to be said is Eric Brewer's icetime = 26:18 and Erik Johnson's = 17:22. One player had 3 assists for his team and the other had 3 assists for the other team. Please tell me that Andy Murray has a clue, but I just don't see it. It's time to take off the kid gloves and let the better player play. If EJ get's worn out then sit him for a game or two, but when he dresses he should play more. You can tell in EJ's interview between periods that he is getting more confortable with the NHL every game.
On the positive side guys, our first round, 2 second rounders, and 2 third rounders are bound to be much higher picks if they keep playing Brewer 26 minutes a night.
Perhaps more telling...Erik Johnson's PK icetime = 0:00. As we patiently develop EJ in the years ahead, I would hope sooner or later he'll be deemed worthy of trying to kill a penalty or two.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
BluesDarb

Wow....talk about people going off the deep end..

Guys, we've lost two bad games....it isn't the end of the world.

People who are starting to doubt AM make me ill....the guy might be the best coach the Blues have had since Scotty Bowman. I swear, sometimes I'm SOOO glad that the people who actually manage teams(JD, Larry) aren't as reactionary as many fans. Be a coaching change every other week! And trades every 5 or 6 games...

Ridiculous.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 02:38 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
Wow....talk about people going off the deep end..

Guys, we've lost two bad games....it isn't the end of the world.

People who are starting to doubt AM make me ill....the guy might be the best coach the Blues have had since Scotty Bowman. I swear, sometimes I'm SOOO glad that the people who actually manage teams(JD, Larry) aren't as reactionary as many fans. Be a coaching change every other week! And trades every 5 or 6 games...

Ridiculous.
It's not as if people are screaming for Murray to be fired, but his handling of Brewer this season especially, has been very puzzling to say the least. Brewer has made mistake-prone all season long and yet has not been benched. It's even more puzzling since Murray is all about accountability and dealing with players when something needs to be done.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
There were a lot of questionable calls, the Walker on Pitkanen double minor for high sticking was TOTAL BS, arguably the WORST acting job to get a penalty call I have ever seen. It looked like Pitkanen actually ran into the stick.
That's the one that stood out to me. I thought you were allowed a follow-through with your shot? Walks back-handed the puck up the wall and Pit ran into his follow through. There was no penalty there, more less a double. Has this current bunch of refs even played the game? Or is this more of Buttman's "vision".

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
Get ready to get shelled for this, you dont mess with Chucky Glenn. And it was Bluuuuuueeees, not Boos.
Well, um...I guess maybe the radio was a little fuzzy...

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
That's the one that stood out to me. I thought you were allowed a follow-through with your shot? Walks back-handed the puck up the wall and Pit ran into his follow through. There was no penalty there, more less a double. Has this current bunch of refs even played the game? Or is this more of Buttman's "vision".
When it comes to sticks I don't know what the rule is but my feeling is that each player is responsible for their stick and if it hits another player (slash, spear, follow through, cross-check, hook, etc) I believe it should be a penalty. There are too many dangerous plays occuring from sticks that there shouldn't be any guess work involved.

That being said I didn't see the play (or the game) so I don't have an opinion on this particular one.

I am asking Santa for Center Ice.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Sharks14*

I was at the game and it was horrible. Refs sucked, the Blues should have won the game.

But that damn Sheldon Souray player is amazing.

Sharks14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks14 View Post
I was at the game and it was horrible. Refs sucked, the Blues should have won the game.

But that damn Sheldon Souray player is amazing.
I've seen many posts from you ripping Blues fans and the Blues. What deuce? I understand you're a fan of the Sharks but why the hate for the Blues and their fans? After all the comments you've made, you have a lot of nerve posting on this board. I'm not a big fan of negative emoticons but .

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote