HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

belle

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 10:59 AM
neg marron

vCash: 500
belle

based on shawn belle's recent wjc performance how would you rate his development in the blues organization

Old
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron
based on shawn belle's recent wjc performance how would you rate his development in the blues organization
Everything I've heard about Belle's WJC performance suggests that he was just fine. He didn't dominate games, but he wasn't necessarily expected to. He played a regular shift, did what he does best (skate and shoot), and contributed.

I don't see any reason to believe that the Blues don't consider him among the top five prospects they have right now.

--------------------

PrussianBlue

Old
01-20-2004, 09:59 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron
Shawn Belle wasn't all that much of a force in the WJC's, but I was impressed with his improvement in defensive play. He wasn't making stupid mistakes like he had been accused of before, and his strength was definitely used against opposition forwards against the boards. His streaks up the ice had me shaking a couple of times, but his speed was able to get him back in time, and it's something you just have to deal with when you have a high risk-reward type of player.
Despite him leading the rushes up ice, I didn't really see a good offensive game. He looks to me like he could be a stronger Bret Hedican in the future. Obviously not a great defenceman, but a dependable 3 or 4.

Closed Thread