Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any word on possible suspensions?-Update ..Doull suspended

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 11:15 AM
scotiahockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Any word on possible suspensions?

Has anyone heard anything that mighyt have been handed down after yesterdays game?

Just curious.

Old
01-20-2004, 02:47 PM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey
Has anyone heard anything that mighyt have been handed down after yesterdays game?

Just curious.

Doull got one game, McGillis got nothing.... from www.tsn.ca

Old
01-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey
Doull got one game, McGillis got nothing.... from www.tsn.ca

from everything I read ...I didn't see the game...it appears justice was served.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-20-2004, 02:51 PM
BruinFan42

Doull Suspended One Game

McGillis none

www.tsn.ca

Old
01-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
merge ....

Old
01-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Spitz

(See attached file: Doull Suspension 01-20-04.doc)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / JANUARY 20, 2004

BRUINS’ DOULL SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

TORONTO (Jan. 20, 2004) – Boston Bruins forward Doug Doull has been
suspended for one game, without pay, for a charging incident during NHL
game #691 against the New York Rangers on January 19.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on
his average annual salary, Doull will forfeit $2,500.00. The money goes to
the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Doull was assessed a game misconduct and major penalty for charging
New York Rangers’ player Petr Nedved at 8:01 of the second period.

Doull will miss tonight’s game against the Rangers and will be
eligible to return Jan. 22 against Buffalo.

### (01/20/04)

Old
01-20-2004, 03:33 PM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz

### (01/20/04)
Well if they dont call up Orr then they are just asking for problems...They need to have an enforcer just in case things get ugly..But knowing Sullivan..He probably wont..and I wouldnt be surprised if one of our players get runned at..Like Bergeron..Not a smart move if they dont...

Old
01-20-2004, 03:33 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
from everything I read ...I didn't see the game...it appears justice was served.
No way....Doull got screwed....It's just the NHL's attempt to keep things civil tonight...total BS...

Old
01-20-2004, 04:01 PM
punchy1

I can't believe how totally blind them hacks in the front office are. Doull should have gotten what he recieved during the game and that is it. His "hit' were a bit dirty but not an intent to injure job. To top it all, they give NO games to the lad who went out of his way (my opinion) to actually INJURE another player. Bloody awful. Oh well, good for you fellows but truly bad for the league. Too bad that the league will get involved behind the scenes in regards to tonite's game. You KNOW for a fact that Betteman has let both teams know that he will be watching and handing out suspensions to anyone who steps slightly out of line.

How else can you explain the death of what used to be great divisional back to back match ups that saw teams that hated each other having a right propper row in the first game and a true blood letting in the second. As a fan, I used to love back to back games regardless of who were playing, now, they are simply excuses to lose more interest in Hockey in general.

Old
01-20-2004, 04:33 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I can't believe how totally blind them hacks in the front office are. Doull should have gotten what he recieved during the game and that is it. His "hit' were a bit dirty but not an intent to injure job. To top it all, they give NO games to the lad who went out of his way (my opinion) to actually INJURE another player. Bloody awful. Oh well, good for you fellows but truly bad for the league. Too bad that the league will get involved behind the scenes in regards to tonite's game. You KNOW for a fact that Betteman has let both teams know that he will be watching and handing out suspensions to anyone who steps slightly out of line.

How else can you explain the death of what used to be great divisional back to back match ups that saw teams that hated each other having a right propper row in the first game and a true blood letting in the second. As a fan, I used to love back to back games regardless of who were playing, now, they are simply excuses to lose more interest in Hockey in general.
McGillis wasn't guilty of intent to injure.

Old
01-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
No way....Doull got screwed....It's just the NHL's attempt to keep things civil tonight...total BS...
For the love of god do you realize what kind of player Douell is? He gets 2 minutes of ice time a game and gets a 5 minute major for everygame. As for the Nedved play, he does deserve it. He came right of the bench, left his feet and nailed Nedved. He went out there with the soul purpose of doing so.. he has no skill and tries to go out on the ice and hurt people, he doesnt deserve to be in this league.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:08 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
For the love of god do you realize what kind of player Douell is? He gets 2 minutes of ice time a game and gets a 5 minute major for everygame. As for the Nedved play, he does deserve it. He came right of the bench, left his feet and nailed Nedved. He went out there with the soul purpose of doing so.. he has no skill and tries to go out on the ice and hurt people, he doesnt deserve to be in this league.

1) Please stop repeating other people words. (I swear I read the same phrase 5 times today on different NYR boards) ;

2) You are not B's talent evaluator ;

3) Doull gets 5 majours 99% for his fights. What can't you understand he is our fighter.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Watch the tape please....www.broadstreetbully.com Click on "Why the refs suck" video.......Nedved would have been fine if it weren't for his fish bowl....It's probably the first cut Nedved has ever received in the NHL.....Like I said before, don't be skating forward while looking behind you.....Stay alert, stay alive..

BTW, why does Dale Purinton play? It's because of guys like him that we have to dress a Doug Doull.......

Old
01-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Eat It

Quote:
For the love of god do you realize how to spell "Doull"?

This is a total reputation penalty. The fact that you go into "what kind of a player Doull is" just highlights it. And come to think of it Doull is actually a pretty clean fighter. Thanks for your thrilling interpretation of his PIM, but the fact of the matter is that yesterday was only the second time he put the B's into a short handed situation and the 1st 5min major that wasn't a fight with a willing partner.

His fights are straight up and he rarely pulls a cheap move when he goes, like Purinton dropping his gloves before the puck hit the ice to avoid a square off.

I'm sorry Nedved got hurt but he needs to keep his head up when the puck is by him. Doull kept his elbow down, took no strides toward Nedved when he lined him up, hit him with his shoulder, and only left his feet due to the collision (the same way Nedved left his).

Lets get over this, and watch some hockey.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:16 PM
WBC8

Quote:
BTW, you of all people being a Lundmark fan should know a cheapshot when you see one...

Old
01-20-2004, 05:42 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitz

### (01/20/04)
As an aside, how much money has the players emergency assistance fund collected over the past few years and what is it used for? I'd assume that Joe alone has contributed 40-50 k toward this fund. Is this fund for former players who are having financial trouble or is some sort of strike fund?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
1) Please stop repeating other people words. (I swear I read the same phrase 5 times today on different NYR boards) ;

2) You are not B's talent evaluator ;

3) Doull gets 5 majours 99% for his fights. What can't you understand he is our fighter.
1.)For your infomation buddy, When i made that post i had just gotten home, had not visited that board all day. I was actually repeating one part of what JD said yesterday that let me get this right.."Doull" shouldnt be in the NHL. (doesnt even deserve to have his name spelled right). But thank you for the grammar lesson "Eat it"

2.) No I am not, but i think i can tell by the ice time he gets, and his point totals that he put out there for no other reason than to start trouble.

3.) Theres a difference from being a fighter, and going out there as a hired assasin. When hes on the ice you KNOW theres going to be some sort of problem. There are many fighters in the league, but i doubt all of them get 2 minutes a game, and manage to injure or fight someone in the process.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:58 PM
paxtang

Quote:
1.)For your infomation buddy, When i made that post i had just gotten home, had not visited that board all day. I was actually repeating one part of what JD said yesterday that let me get this right.."Doull" shouldnt be in the NHL. (doesnt even deserve to have his name spelled right). But thank you for the grammar lesson "Eat it"

2.) No I am not, but i think i can tell by the ice time he gets, and his point totals that he put out there for no other reason than to start trouble.

3.) Theres a difference from being a fighter, and going out there as a hired assasin. When hes on the ice you KNOW theres going to be some sort of problem. There are many fighters in the league, but i doubt all of them get 2 minutes a game, and manage to injure or fight someone in the process.
There are plenty of no talent goons in the league, and I have on problem with it. New York had one of its own until he got ruined by Cairns.

Doull has one dirty hit in his NHL career, quit with the assassin crap. I'd be more pissed that my team let a hit like that go. OOOO Carter pushed him. Christ, I'm not even a Bruins fan.

On another note, is Boston seriously going into this game with no enforcer? Why no Orr. I can understand you guys are generally anti goon on this Bruins board, thats ok with me, but I would think even you guys woudl be a little upset to have no one tough dressed for this game.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:01 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
There are plenty of no talent goons in the league, and I have on problem with it. New York had one of its own until he got ruined by Cairns.

Doull has one dirty hit in his NHL career, quit with the assassin crap. I'd be more pissed that my team let a hit like that go. OOOO Carter pushed him. Christ, I'm not even a Bruins fan.

On another note, is Boston seriously going into this game with no enforcer? Why no Orr. I can understand you guys are generally anti goon on this Bruins board, thats ok with me, but I would think even you guys woudl be a little upset to have no one tough dressed for this game.

Not that any of them are Chris Simon, but I think they are going to look to Boynton, Lapointe, Gill (god help us), and O'Donnell to answer the bell. Not exactly what I would do, but then again, I wouldn't have fired Keenan and hired Ftorek, so what do I know?

Old
01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang

Yes, there are some no talent goons in the league. But they dont go out on EVERY shift looking for a scrap or some kind of trouble.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:07 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
how convenient- and if the Broons were playing Buffalo tonight and the Rags Thursday it would have been two games. Personally, I have little or no problem with Lindros but if Simon, Barnaby and Puritan start stuff I want someone ready to do some damage.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:10 PM
BruinFan42

Quote:
Yes, there are some no talent goons in the league. But they dont go out on EVERY shift looking for a scrap or some kind of trouble.
Is there a problem with that? And is it coincidence that every time Doull gets on the ice, someone is willing to fight him? I wouldn't call it looking for a fight. Goons are supposed to have dazzling offensive skills, they're there to patrol the ice and energize the team, which Doull has done. Ever since they called him up, the Bruins have been playing better.

And another thing, when is the last time Barnaby has taken a shift without an announcer saying "Barnaby is mixing it up with (insert name)" ? Did he really have to go to the aid of poor Eric Lindros? I think he was looking for fight....

Old
01-20-2004, 06:13 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

get real, saying he goes out with the soul purpose of hurting people is retarded, if he wanted to he would have killed Nedved with that hit, it wasnt charging and he ddint leave his feet

Old
01-20-2004, 06:13 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
have you ever played organized hockey? heck, that hit was nothing. Honestly, I have no complaint with any of the Broons or Rags. I thought Doull may have 'jumped the route as they say a bit early' but he wasn't trying to have Peter Nedved's head mounted over his fireplace. No way in a million years he was going out for blood. Its unfortunate and I like Nedved and enjoy watching his great wrist shot and skating but it just happened. I'd say the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Heck, I'm on Lindros side too- so he cross checked Joe on the faceoff. Big deal- he wasn't trying to mame him- he was playing aggressive and to me Joe was the one who wanted to fight. Lindros is just a powerful guy. You want to fight don't come crying home when you get a bloody nose (of course I did anyways)

Old
01-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Is there a problem with that? And is it coincidence that every time Doull gets on the ice, someone is willing to fight him? I wouldn't call it looking for a fight. Goons are supposed to have dazzling offensive skills, they're there to patrol the ice and energize the team, which Doull has done. Ever since they called him up, the Bruins have been playing better.

And another thing, when is the last time Barnaby has taken a shift without an announcer saying "Barnaby is mixing it up with (insert name)" ? Did he really have to go to the aid of poor Eric Lindros? I think he was looking for fight....
1.) Yes, theres a problem with going on the ice with no other purpose than to fight.

2.) First off, Barnaby has much more hockey skill than Doull will ever have. Two, theres a difference from mixing it up along the boards.. when, get this hes fighting for the puck! I dont think Doull cares where the puck is, what team has it or what the score is, hes out there to cause trouble.

Closed Thread