Notices

Should We Be Looking To Add Someone

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Should We Be Looking To Add Someone

This years trade deadline could be absolutely crazy. A guy like Alexei Zhamnov, would you like to see him in Atlanta or not? Personally I think he would be a great fit here. Having him play center with Kovalchuk could really boost Atlanta's offense even more.

Kozlov Savard Heatley
Kovalchuk Zhamnov Petrovicky
McEachern Stefan Vigier
Cowan Aubin Lessard

Robitaille would be the 13 forward. Im not sure if McEachern plays right wing or not, but if he could then have him up with Zhamnov and Kovalchuk. Those would be 2 pretty solid scoring lines. But what would we have to give up for Zhamnov?

Old
02-02-2004, 08:36 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I think the forwards are fine for now, maybe get a UFA C if there is a shot at the playoffs.

The main thing I think the Thrashers should look for is an offensive defenseman. Yannick Tremblay just has to go. I still think he can turn it around, but it will not be in Atlanta.

Old
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Hockey Mojo

DW says he isn't going to panic and make a trade, but looking at our win-loss record these past four weeks and looking at our schedule the month of February, we need some help. Praying everyone will stay healthy and getting back to our winning ways like the first half of the season is wishful thinking! Thrashers need a 2nd line center like Zhamnov or Lang, plus I echo btn on the needs of the Thrashers aquiring an ofensive D-Man. Once that's done you can try and trade Tamer and Tremblay, but if not, put them on waivers.

Old
02-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I think DW will look to add players to this team at the trade deadline but I think when he does it will be too late. Basically if DW is serious about the Thrashers going for the playoffs this season he needs to make moves now. By deadline time we might be too far behind Lighting/Islanders or the new players will have not enough time to click.

Last edited by Peter Sidorkiewicz: 02-03-2004 at 04:46 AM.
Old
02-03-2004, 01:12 AM
dunwoody_joe

7 back of the last playoff spot with 2 games to make up--going into our toughest stretch?

11 back of the Lightning with 3 games to make up?

It's almost over, but the crying. If DW doesn't pull the trigger soon, we'll not be playing meaningful games this March. :mad:

Old
02-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Holly Gunning

This doesn't really go in this thread, but it's not worth starting a new one. I think Blatny might have a better chance of sticking than Simon, once Robitaille is back. He seems to bring a little more to the table right now as far as smarter play and a little offense. That could certainly change in a hurry, but right now he's playing better.

Old
02-03-2004, 05:12 PM
pittengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
I think the forwards are fine for now, maybe get a UFA C if there is a shot at the playoffs.

The main thing I think the Thrashers should look for is an offensive defenseman. Yannick Tremblay just has to go. I still think he can turn it around, but it will not be in Atlanta.
Tarnstrom from the Pens could be a possibility if ATL was looking for a offensive dman. Not a rental, cheap contract, and would not require one of ATL's top prospects (Coburn, Lehtonen) or 1st round pick. Tarnstrom is great offensively and is solid defensively.

Old
02-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Tristelune

Well I was thinking that Yannick Perreault from the Habs could be a great addition to this team, especially since we don't really have much face off man!

Old
02-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittengineer
Tarnstrom from the Pens could be a possibility if ATL was looking for a offensive dman. Not a rental, cheap contract, and would not require one of ATL's top prospects (Coburn, Lehtonen) or 1st round pick. Tarnstrom is great offensively and is solid defensively.
Besides he has good size 6'2" 205 lbs plus I think he would increase our PP percentage a bit.

I would send a higher draft pick (2nd or 3rd) plus Trembley and/or Tamer to Pittsburgh. If neccessary Waddell add some extra money to make the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried
Well I was thinking that Yannick Perreault from the Habs could be a great addition to this team, especially since we don't really have much face off man!
We already have one Yannick I don't want another one.

Old
02-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Hockey Mojo

Sorry, it's too late, the season is over and for you dreamers, keep dreaming!

Closed Thread