HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green

Old
12-12-2007, 11:49 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The Caps' new coach is giving him more freedom than Hanlon did and it shows.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 12:48 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
First, its Marc Staal. Second, there are very few players that the Rangers would consider trading him for. third, Mike Green is not one of them. Maybe Montoya for Green straight up? Staal is way better than Green already.
Give me a break with the spelling correction...At least I got Staal right..And I'm not saying I would trade Staal for Green. I wouldn't and I hope Staal is a Ranger for the next 15 years and turns into a Rod Langway/Larry Robinson type.. But RIGHT NOW, though Staal has been awesome, I think Green has been playing better all around hockey and I also think the Caps would think long and hard about trading him for STAAL..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

After watching this kid against us on Monday, there's no doubt he'd be our #2 defenseman at worst. Caps have a great top pairing in store for the future in him and Alzner.

Ironically, he's a better version of Andy Greene

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 01:36 AM
czm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by king bergfors View Post
After watching this kid against us on Monday, there's no doubt he'd be our #2 defenseman at worst. Caps have a great top pairing in store for the future in him and Alzner.
I really hope Alzner works out. That kid has a great character.

czm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
NotAloneJustBlue

Really? Pray tell Rangerds, how many people have stellar evenings vs the Rangers and wind up doing jack shiznat the rest of the season. Even better, I would love to see the stats, because I'm assuming by the content of most posts that many of you have really nothing better to do than wax ******** about outlandish trades and amateurish line combos, regarding former blue shirts and the number of points they score vs any other of their other former teams. While you're at it, I really want to see the numbers for those who are otherwise nobodys and how many multipoint games they have vs the rangers compared to other teams. The Rangers have always been a team where the least expected has a career night. While it's different than someone like Green having a good game, I'm often unmoved by any former Ranger (i.e. Poti, Cullen, Dupuis,) who has a huge night against their former teammates. I know Green isn't one of them but I'm not convinced he is worth trading Staal or anyone else just cause he is showing solid play. I'm not saying this kid doesn't have skills but cmon? How many games have you all watched this season (i know, all of them, because all of you are "the" Ranger faithful). Bottomline, this team is underachieving in a huge way and it is rare that they are getting beat because they're getting burnt by sick play -- they're their own worst enemy. That said, nothing is more dangerous than the idea that we can't be a contender with the roster we have - yes some fine tuning needs to be done and personally I would have never gone for both free blockbuster agents but still this team has the skills if they just make it happen. If we could offload fan favorite Malik for someone like Schneider, who i personally think never should have left NYC nor wanted to, then maybe a better breakout passer could help spark what should be an explosive offense.

As for trades, I think Eklund probally trolls this very board considering some of the ridiculous "what if crosby for lundquist + prucha + malik (of course) + jesus F-ing christ" style trade props that pop up here. Sorry to be a hater but I'll never get the 30 mins I wasted entertaining some of my fellow fan thoughts back so I'm over it.
Flame this suckas!

Last edited by NotAloneJustBlue: 12-13-2007 at 02:57 AM. Reason: my dog ate my notes
NotAloneJustBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Kegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Wrong on both accounts, but thanks for playing.

8 goals for Green. Three with 7. Even on the season now.
Thought I would throw out there, that he is a +6 since the Hanlon firing on Thanksgiving.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 06:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

We already have a similiar player in Bobby Sanguinetti.Wait another 1 year 1/2

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
This kid really impressed me tonight. I wonder what combination of Malik + a prospect it would take to get him.
Malik??? It would take Malik, Staal and Montoya and then maybe Washington would talk to us about Mike Green. Why would they trade their best young defenseman to us for Malik unless some true prospects were attached to the deal?

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
This kid really impressed me tonight. I wonder what combination of Malik + a prospect it would take to get him.
1) Why would they want Malik and a prospect?

2) Why would the Caps trade him?

12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAloneJustBlue View Post
Really? Pray tell Rangerds, how many people have stellar evenings vs the Rangers and wind up doing jack shiznat the rest of the season.
Wait. Are you saying that Kevyn Adams is NOT a natural goal scorer? Was it 05-06 he had a hat trick vs the Rangers?

12-13-2007, 09:43 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

You think a package centered around Malik will get one of the better young offensive defenders in the league?

The guy has been a healthy scratch ever since coming back from his injury... I can't believe you're serious.

Keep dreaming.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I don't even think the Ranger's farm teams would take Malik.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Otter

Speaking of farms teams. The Caps aren't yours. No Mike. No Alex.

I'm kidding around. Dream of our players all you want.

Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
jake1970*

Quote:
Green really looked impressive - I don't think they will give him up to us.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I was a big Mike Green fan during the 04 season/draft.

Then again, I was a big AJ Thelen fan as well.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Oh man the next Brian Leetch

Ridiculous is what this is, the guy's having a great season so far, he's got moves, and he can pot one, but c'mon he's not a god damn all star by any means and we aren't trading for him and we're not making proposals for every player on the opposition after they showed us up in a game.

The guy had no good seasons except for this one, finally he's starting to play good, and it will most likely slow up I'd bet. Stop projecting his totals, he's got nothing to do with us and you're probably wrong.

Hot streaks happen,

it's just too bad our Jagr hasn't had one yet.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote