HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Fedorov. Poll Included!

View Poll Results: What has been the reason for Fedorov's improved play?
Finally fully healthy 15 14.42%
Better team around him 9 8.65%
Wants to prove he's not done yet 19 18.27%
Wants to get back in the playoffs 8 7.69%
All of the above 53 50.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beba91 View Post
Feds still had more ice time than him even if you do take out his PK time.. stop trying to convince yourself that a guy who has played 7 games is our number one center. And for you to say that Beech has outplayed Feds after 7 games is plain stupid..Feds was averaging almost a point per game at one point during the season..doesn't mean much in the long run..talk to me when Beech has played 25+ games.
I don't think for two seconds that Beech is going to be our number one center long term, but right now he is playing like it isn't he? Is he our answer? I highly doubt it but 'what if'. What we do know for certain is that Fedorov is not.

Beech HAS outplayed Feds since Beech's time with the jackets. Will he sustain it? Not sure but to state that Feds is more productive than Beech in the last 7 games is simply not true.

How does + ice time = good play anyway?

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye BlueJacket View Post

Feds was bad 3 nights ago, but this year he's ben good 26/31 games, I'd say. i know the coaching staff loves Feds, and the locker room looks up to him, but notice I said nothing on howsen...
Oh ya do do ya?

Old
12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Oh ya do do ya?
So you're saying they don't then? All of his on the record comments indicate that Hitchcock really likes having Feds on the team. What are you laughing for?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
I would like to request a merger of this and the other Feds thread that's dominating discussion here today. It's hard to keep track of where things are...

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
beba91

Quote:
I don't think for two seconds that Beech is going to be our number one center long term, but right now he is playing like it isn't he? Is he our answer? I highly doubt it but 'what if'. What we do know for certain is that Fedorov is not.

Beech HAS outplayed Feds since Beech's time with the jackets. Will he sustain it? Not sure but to state that Feds is more productive than Beech in the last 7 games is simply not true.

How does + ice time = good play anyway?
Ok that's what I wanted to hear..and I never said that more ice time = good play I just pointed it out since you were saying something false. (Beech logging more ice time than Feds without Feds Pk time)

beba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
So you're saying they don't then? All of his on the record comments indicate that Hitchcock really likes having Feds on the team. What are you laughing for?
I liked it how he said: 'I know the coaching staff likes him' or whatever he said--I got a kick out of that.

Oh, I also liked what he said about how the guys in the locker room look up to him. That is good stuff

Old
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Ok that's what I wanted to hear..and I never said that more ice time = good play I just pointed it out since you were saying something false. (Beech logging more ice time than Feds without Feds Pk time)
Some people seem to think that more ice time means good play. In an ideal world Feds would be playing 12-14 minutes. 18 is too much for a guy of his age--his role should be much reduced but we have no options at this point.

People seem to want to take criticism about a player as not liking him. It isn't the case at all, it is about their production and whether or not they do the things necessary to help the team win. Feds isn't the worst guy on our roster in that capacity at all and he does a lot of good things, but his inability to bring it and his resting on the ice is what bothers me--with any player, not just Feds.

He does bring a lot to the club in terms of hockey IQ and experience and I like that about him, but unless we can slot him in at 1 million and play him 12 or so minutes a night, I don't think he is a guy we bring back. I have respect for him and he was one of the best in the world for a lot of years and I appreciate that about him. If we can do the what I just stated with him, it would mean that we really bolstered our lineup and having Feds as depth would equate to having a heck of a team.

I don't buy the blind love for any player though.

Old
12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
I would like to request a merger of this and the other Feds thread that's dominating discussion here today. It's hard to keep track of where things are...
Seconded.

Old
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
I liked it how he said: 'I know the coaching staff likes him' or whatever he said--I got a kick out of that.

Oh, I also liked what he said about how the guys in the locker room look up to him. That is good stuff
I think Miss Willien has some inside info??? Hummmm. Why would anybody look up to a snob Russian that doesnt really care if they win or lose. Feds is about Feds.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
I think Miss Willien has some inside info??? Hummmm. Why would anybody look up to a snob Russian that doesnt really care if they win or lose. Feds is about Feds.
I am sure they like him, he seems like a very nice guy.

I have a hard time believing Feds is really invested in getting this team in the playoffs. He has won everything there is to win as a player--will be a hall of famer so I don't see as getting the Blue Jackets into the playoffs for the first time ever as much of a thrill as all that other stuff.

We need everyone buying in for this team to get to that next level--EVERYONE.

Old
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Seconded.
We have a motion and a second.

Merge granted.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
We have a motion and a second.

Merge granted.
Wow! What service!

Old
12-13-2007, 04:27 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Wow! What service!
We aim to please.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:39 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
We aim to please.
Sounds like one of our union meetings where we spend $2k for no reason.

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
falcor

Quote:
I don't buy the blind love for any player though.
agreed!

i wouldn't love modano if i didn't have eyes to see him with!!

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Paxton Fettel

Quote:
That is the MAIN reason he left the Wings..He wanted a new start on a team that he wouldn't have to play second fiddle to Yzerman. The playoffs are where Feds lights it up and hopefully we'll see that this year
I just hope we'll see him in the playoffs, but with the Wings. Except it will happen only if the Jackets are out of the playoffs race at the deadline, which in getting more and more unlikely.

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
beba91

Quote:
I am sure they like him, he seems like a very nice guy.

I have a hard time believing Feds is really invested in getting this team in the playoffs. He has won everything there is to win as a player--will be a hall of famer so I don't see as getting the Blue Jackets into the playoffs for the first time ever as much of a thrill as all that other stuff.

We need everyone buying in for this team to get to that next level--EVERYONE.
This is EXACTLY what he's wanted to do for years. If the jackets make the playoffs and he's the best player on the ice he will get recognized around the league. Yes he has won cups and made the playoffs but he was never pointed out at being THE guy because of Yzerman even though he should've been the MVP at least once maybe twice during those three years. The only year he felt that the limelight was on him was 93-94 (year where he won the MVP ,Selke etc.). This was the same year where Yzerman was out for most of the season and Feds was the go to guy. Feds wants to get in those playoffs as much maybe more than people like Z, Nash etc.

If he wanted to retire he would have a long time ago.. The guy has millions! He's playing to prove himself and if the Jackets make the playoffs he'll have a chance to do so...I read that in one of his interviews.

Old
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
This is EXACTLY what he's wanted to do for years. If the jackets make the playoffs and he's the best player on the ice he will get recognized around the league. Yes he has won cups and made the playoffs but he was never pointed out at being THE guy because of Yzerman even though he should've been the MVP at least once maybe twice during those three years. The only year he felt that the limelight was on him was 93-94 (year where he won the MVP ,Selke etc.). This was the same year where Yzerman was out for most of the season and Feds was the go to guy. Feds wants to get in those playoffs as much maybe more than people like Z, Nash etc.

If he wanted to retire he would have a long time ago.. The guy has millions! He's playing to prove himself and if the Jackets make the playoffs he'll have a chance to do so...I read that in one of his interviews.
If the jackets get to the playoffs Hitch will be noted as 'the' guy to get this team there, followed by Nash and then the goaltenders. If we are waiting for Feds to be the guy, we are in trouble.

I know you love him and have high hopes for him, but as a Feds lover can't you see how your goggles clouded?

I wouldn't expect to see a player say they don't care whether or not they make the playoffs.

Old
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Feds still had more ice time than him even if you do take out his PK time.. stop trying to convince yourself that a guy who has played 7 games is our number one center. And for you to say that Beech has outplayed Feds after 7 games is plain stupid..Feds was averaging almost a point per game at one point during the season..doesn't mean much in the long run..talk to me when Beech has played 25+ games.
Peca had 25 shift, Beech had 21 shifts, Feds 18, Malhotra 18. Interesting that Feds had less then 1 minute less of ice time then Peca with 7 less shifts and a whopping 4 more minutes then Manny.

Anyone more hockey savey then myself care to analyze this data? Meaningless? Or did, perhaps, Feds (and GlenX) extend their shifts further then some of the other lines? Got me, haven't bothered to look at this before and haven't looked for trending data. I might just be bored enough to poke around a bit more... lol

I haven't see anyone try to convince anyone that Beech is the answer for our first line center, not with 7 games of history with the Jackets. I don't think anyone is saying Feds is, either. Beech is too new to us, and 99% of the posts have reflected that. At this moment in time, Beech is getting a lot of ice time with the top line, call it what you will. Having said that, he's still raw and young, of course his ice time is going to be situational.

At this point in time, Beech is bringing a different aspect to the game then Feds is, or has, this year. Beech is producing with many different people, in all types of situations. Feds has produced more with a select few and in select situations. Beech certainly seems to be more creative at this point.

Does that mean Beech is outplaying Feds, at this point? You tell me.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
falcor

beech vs. feds?

meh, who cares? beech is performing well as the #1 right now. is he THE #1 we need? who knows? but he's doing okay now, yes? so why change it til he starts sucking? we can always try to trade for a 'real' #1 later.

~disclaimer!

this post is not directed towards anyone. just stating my opinion.. which will continue to be ignored.

Old
12-13-2007, 05:29 PM
beba91

Quote:
If the jackets get to the playoffs Hitch will be noted as 'the' guy to get this team there, followed by Nash and then the goaltenders. If we are waiting for Feds to be the guy, we are in trouble.

I know you love him and have high hopes for him, but as a Feds lover can't you see how your goggles clouded?

I wouldn't expect to see a player say they don't care whether or not they make the playoffs.
Yes of course Hitch will be the guy the media will point out. But he's a coach I meant from the players. Who says Nash will perform during the playoffs? and the goaltenders too..For example, Datsyuk is amazing during the season but stinks it up during the playoffs. Last year was his only decent one..it took him until his 5th year in the playoffs to start lighting it up.. Goalies are very unpredictable..Pazzy has been great so far but he still makes mistakes and lets in a soft goal from time to time..there's no room for that during the playoffs. This is why Feds has a slight edge to outperform players like Nash and Z who haven't played in the playoffs yet.

Old
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
beba91

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor View Post
beech vs. feds?

meh, who cares? beech is performing well as the #1 right now. is he THE #1 we need? who knows? but he's doing okay now, yes? so why change it til he starts sucking? we can always try to trade for a 'real' #1 later.

~disclaimer!

this post is not directed towards anyone. just stating my opinion.. which will continue to be ignored.
I love reading your posts Falc..you're hilarious..you're like Rimer on Wednesday's radio show hahahah..always trying to put a word in but to no avail lool

Old
12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
falcor

Quote:
I love reading your posts Falc..you're hilarious..you're like Rimer on Wednesday's radio show hahahah..always trying to put a word in but to no avail lool
thank you thank you.. my adoring fans love me!

(i can't believe you just compared me to rimer lmao) ((i'm so getting you for that ))

Old
12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Yes of course Hitch will be the guy the media will point out. But he's a coach I meant from the players. Who says Nash will perform during the playoffs? and the goaltenders too..For example, Datsyuk is amazing during the season but stinks it up during the playoffs. Last year was his only decent one..it took him until his 5th year in the playoffs to start lighting it up.. Goalies are very unpredictable..Pazzy has been great so far but he still makes mistakes and lets in a soft goal from time to time..there's no room for that during the playoffs. This is why Feds has a slight edge to outperform players like Nash and Z who haven't played in the playoffs yet.
I wasn't referring to the performances once they got in the playoffs, but the regular season leading up to them.

I am not interested in waiting for the playoffs to see Fedorov step up his game.

Old
12-13-2007, 06:45 PM
falcor

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the performances once they got in the playoffs, but the regular season leading up to them.

I am not interested in waiting for the playoffs to see Fedorov step up his game.
i'm curious, wil.. with feds being 3rd in scoring on the team.. how much better do you want him to be? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb ?..) but, in my opinion, either he's not doing bad.. or the whole team can do better along with him. right?