HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov to Flyers

View Poll Results: Which option do you prefer?
Danny Markov 1 3.45%
Justin Williams 6 20.69%
David Tanabe + Igor Knyazev 22 75.86%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
Markov to Flyers

Interesting trade and adds yet another ex-Coyote to the Flyers.

Would you have traded Tanabe + Knyazev for Justin Williams? Personally I wouldnt have mainly because Williams is a RW and we need the offensive D that Tanabe is far more than we need another RW. Flyer fans are very high on Williams to the extent that he is preferred over Gagne(!) by some. Personally Im not sure how good Williams is. He kind of seems like a better version of Radivojevic. Before this trade went down I saw a proposal of Mara for Gagne + pick.. and although I wouldnt like to give up Mara I'd hope we would go for Gagne if he is really available.

Anyway I think its a great fit for Danny.. he is a good guy to have as a depth player and the Flyers can cope easily with his frequent injuries and growing salary. I see him as a much better fit there than Tanabe would have been for instance.

Old
01-20-2004, 04:05 PM
PhoPhan

I chose the option the Coyotes have. I think that was one of the best examples of asset management Barnett has shown since he has been here. I think the team getting Markov has overpaid in both deals, but I think the Coyotes got the best deal.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Waldo

I would rather have Tnabe as well. he'll be here for many years to come and adds a dimension this team didn't have. Barnett's best deal to date.

Old
01-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Yotes03

tanabe in a heartbeat.

Old
01-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Gwyddbwyll

I think you're right about the asset management PhoPhan.

I see Williams has gotten a few votes.. I'd be curious to hear why. I know some Flyer fans expected him to develop into a 60-80 point scorer.. is it some Flyer fans voting for him?

Must say though these trades work very well for everyone concerned.. its not a case of one team ripping another off. Philly have a solid reliable defenseman that will be a real asset in the playoffs. Carolina adds some offense and Phoenix gets an offensive minded dman. Although if Knyazev becomes the player he was drafted to be, it would clearly be in our favor. Even if he doesnt Tanabe could very well be the best of the lot anyway. Sigh.. cant wait for him to come back from injury.

Old
01-21-2004, 02:41 PM
ParisSaintGermain

I agree with everyone here, I am very happy with Tanabe. Feel sorry for him with the injury. It looks like Knyazev is having a decent year in Springfield, in full learning curve for his career. This deal was definitly a good move from the management, the future will tell if it was a great one.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:18 PM
ulf

i voted for williams....not that tanabe and knyazev aren't a great deal for the yotes but because i think his upside might be greater down the road.either way we are better off having traded markov for youth and it's worked out very very well.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Yotes03

I took Tanabe but not because I don't like Williams. As stated, he's still young and has the highly touted "upside". I know I'm a minority here but I never liked Markov. To me it seems like he turned the puck over in our own zone a lot, had trouble clearing the zone, and missed a ton of assignments down low. He's tough as nails and plays hard but I wasn't all that upset to see him leave.

Old
01-21-2004, 06:07 PM
hbk

now I would have to go with Tanabe because I absolutely love the dimension that he has brought to our team. We desperately needed the depth on defense that that trade brought to our franchise.

However, if I would have been given this option at the draft I likely would have gone with Williams. Mainly due to his 30-40 goal potential and robust style of play.

Closed Thread