HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr Screams at Rozsival...

Old
12-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Jagr Screams at Rozsival...

...for not getting the puck back to him fast enough.

As per Dellapina:

'And while Renney was addressing reporters, a fed-up Jaromir Jagr and assistant coach Perry Pearn were engaging in a sometimes-heated strategy discussion outside the dressing room. That was after Jagr came to the bench at the end of a shift with 4:10 left in regulation, screamed at struggling defenseman Michal Rozsival for not getting the puck to him early enough and then slumped on the corner of the bench until called to take the first shift of overtime.
"They want me to skate and I'm skating," Jagr said. "They want me to come back, so give me the puck. That's why I was mad." '

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...vertime-2.html

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:02 AM
jc25

please, someone get jagr some hookers...

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Levitate

Well, Rozsival was pretty god awful with the puck last night. I was screaming at him too. He passed it directly into a Caps players skates 3 times in a row in OT last night. Moron

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If Jagr wants to yell at a defenseman, start with Girardi.

Not very refreshing to see the Captain losing it on his hand-picked defenseman for a single flubbed play.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:13 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

Not very refreshing to see the Captain losing it on his hand-picked defenseman for a single flubbed play.
I am with you 100% on Girardi. He's escaped all criticism for some unknown reason. And he's only getting worse.

As for your second comment...what should he do? Not lose it on Rozsival b/c he's his "hand-picked" defensemen? Rozsival has been shaky lately.

Jagr has been yelling at teammates ever since he's been here. It's nothing new. And that includes his "boys" Straka and Nylander.

12-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Levitate

Hey, I criticized Girardi plenty when he had that string of bad games.

He didn't look like he had a real strong game last night though.

Still, Rozsival sucked too

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:

Are you new to New York? Jagr is always this intense. He always yelled at Nylander.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

A pis*ed off Jagr is good.

If he still has the physical attributes (his shoulder first and foremost) he'll get his game together at some point. And if he's pis*ed off, it'll probably be sooner.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am with you 100% on Girardi. He's escaped all criticism for some unknown reason. And he's only getting worse.

As for your second comment...what should he do? Not lose it on Rozsival b/c he's his "hand-picked" defensemen? Rozsival has been shaky lately.

Jagr has been yelling at teammates ever since he's been here. It's nothing new. And that includes his "boys" Straka and Nylander.
Jagr blew at least 2 perfect set-ups from Dubinsky last night that should have been, at very least, very good scoring chances. Didn't see anyone "screaming at him".

As the Captain of the team, Jagr needs to look in the mirror before he starts calling his mates out for a single blown play, because he was guilty of twice as many as Rozsival last night IMO. I don't care if it's "his way" or not, but how is anyone going to respond positively to such a critique from a guy who's mailing in his own performance?

Old
12-13-2007, 08:25 AM
NYROrtsFan

He's not mailing it in... He's doing the same things he did last year. I'd actually say that he's getting back defensively more than he did last year. Unfortunatley, he has a 3rd/4th line center and was with a 4th line LW for much of the year. Thus the numbers are what they are. No player is that good on his own.

The results are what they are and unfortunately Jagr is starting to get pissed. Can't blame him. They have a great player and nobody around him outside of Straka for the last bunch of games.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Jagr blew at least 2 perfect set-ups from Dubinsky last night that should have been, at very least, very good scoring chances. Didn't see anyone "screaming at him".

As the Captain of the team, Jagr needs to look in the mirror before he starts calling his mates out for a single blown play, because he was guilty of twice as many as Rozsival last night IMO. I don't care if it's "his way" or not, but how is anyone going to respond positively to such a critique from a guy who's mailing in his own performance?
I agree with you mostly. I think he only yells at his "czech-mates". I doubt he would go off on anyone else. I believe that Jagr knows who he can push and who he can't. It's Rozsival - It's not like he's running around yelling at everyone.

The part I don't agree with is "mailing it in". Maybe you are referring to his stats, which is blatantly obvious. But how many games has he missed since he's been here? 3 or 4? He puts in 20+ minutes every night.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:32 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
But how many games has he missed since he's been here? 3 or 4? He puts in 20+ minutes every night.
Actually Jagr hasn't missed one game since becoming a Ranger (except one playoff game two seasons ago).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

I'm one of Girardi's biggest supporters but he's had a stretch of rough games here. He's now down to a minus 6. And I can hardly watch Dubinsky play with Jagr anymore. I'm so frustrated that I want to scream at the TV every time he's on the ice. I know he's 22 years old and that we've all been screaming to play the kids but Renney doesn't have to play A KID with our most dangerous offensive weapon. Move Dubinsky to the third line already!!!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
He's not mailing it in... He's doing the same things he did last year. I'd actually say that he's getting back defensively more than he did last year. Unfortunatley, he has a 3rd/4th line center and was with a 4th line LW for much of the year. Thus the numbers are what they are. No player is that good on his own.
If you think that Jagr's inability to generate offense is directly related to the top (3) centers on the team, then I respectfully disagree. He's hasn't earned his place as one of the game's best players for his ability to "play well with others". Jagr is a the highest paid player in the league because of his game breaking performances that can win games for a team on his own. If he's physically unable to perform that task now,then I retract my "mailing it in" comment. At this moment, my opinion is that the effort just isn't there.

Old
12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I've had enough of Jagr's act.Seriously.He screams at Rozsival.Too bad Perry Pearn didn't smack Jagr in the face

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Jagr screaming at Rozsival only means that Rozie will shoot the puck even less now! Ugh!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:57 AM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
And I can hardly watch Dubinsky play with Jagr anymore. I'm so frustrated that I want to scream at the TV every time he's on the ice. I know he's 22 years old and that we've all been screaming to play the kids but Renney doesn't have to play A KID with our most dangerous offensive weapon. Move Dubinsky to the third line already!!!
Caps fan here, at the game last night. I thought Dubinsky was the best player on the ice for your team. Tons of energy, worked hard on both sides of the ice, worked hard with and without the puck -- and that first Straka goal was all due to his hard work behind the net. I think he's exactly the kind of guy to play with Jagr, since he does the things Jagr won't do -- hustle, retrieve pucks and get back when the other team counter-attacks.

Unfortunately for you guys, Jagr had that same lazy skate half circles and hope somebody puts the puck right on his stick kind of night -- and pout if they don't -- that we saw so many times down here in DC (except that now he's 3 years older and less of a threat). I cannot see Shanny and Drury putting up with that crap for any extended period of time.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 08:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jagr pulled the same stuff in Pittsburgh.Screaming at Ivan Hlinka.In Pittsburgh,they had their own version of the Czech mafia to make him more comfortable.Pouted(when Ron Francis went Carolina)until Mario came back.Went to Washington.That was a disaster.They signed Robert Lang to keep Jagr company.

The Rangers have a major problem on their hands with this guy.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:

This is not the first time he's gotten in Rosie's face. I've seen several games where Jags gets on Rosie for over-passing back to Jags, etc.

Guys, he's the captain, he has every right to get on someone if he thinks they are underperforming. It's also a sign of his frustration, and maybe (yet another) catalyst for things to start clicking.

3 day road trip next week to the mid-west should help put things in perspective, and hopefully let the team unclench a bit.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:02 AM
cityhockeyfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Caps fan here, at the game last night. I thought Dubinsky was the best player on the ice for your team. Tons of energy, worked hard on both sides of the ice, worked hard with and without the puck -- and that first Straka goal was all due to his hard work behind the net. I think he's exactly the kind of guy to play with Jagr, since he does the things Jagr won't do -- hustle, retrieve pucks and get back when the other team counter-attacks.

Unfortunately for you guys, Jagr had that same lazy skate half circles and hope somebody puts the puck right on his stick kind of night -- and pout if they don't -- that we saw so many times down here in DC (except that now he's 3 years older and less of a threat). I cannot see Shanny and Drury putting up with that crap for any extended period of time.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm getting a little sick and tired of Jagr's mood swings and his lack of production this season. I can understand he's frustrated, but to blame his teammates for nights when he's a non-factor won't sit well with Rangers fans.

God knows if this will become a distraction for the team and hopefully it doesn't. But if it does, it has me worried on how that will effect team performance and in the grand scheme of things, they're playoff hopes (forget about Cup talk).

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
This is not the first time he's gotten in Rosie's face. I've seen several games where Jags gets on Rosie for over-passing back to Jags, etc.
Well, my bad then if they've got that kind of relationship. I just found it to be a pot calling the kettle black situation.

Old
12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Stoney La Rock

Meh, I'm not going to read too much into this. In the heat of a game, especially such a sloppy, frustrating one, tempers are going to flare. It would be worse if Jagr just slumped on the bench and said nothing, because then it could be construed as not giving a crap anymore.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Kostik

Meh, big deal.
Straka, Nylander, Rozsival...Jagr is very demanding.
He is very hard on himself as on his linemates.
Lot of fans were "worried" that Jagr is not showing any emotions, now when he does it is wrong again?
It's really hard to satisfy New Yorker as i can see
Abev said it right, Jagr knows who he can push.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
In The Flesh

the whole D is **** right now, the team stinks!, all there is to it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jagr pulled the same stuff in Pittsburgh.Screaming at Ivan Hlinka.In Pittsburgh,they had their own version of the Czech mafia to make him more comfortable.Pouted(when Ron Francis went Carolina)until Mario came back.Went to Washington.That was a disaster.They signed Robert Lang to keep Jagr company.

The Rangers have a major problem on their hands with this guy.
RB, you are reading too much into this.
Hlinka and Jagr were very good friends, incidents happen.
And bolded part is a product of hysteria don't you think?

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote