HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr Screams at Rozsival...

Old
12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am with you 100% on Girardi. He's escaped all criticism for some unknown reason. And he's only getting worse.
The reason is clear. Malik always took all of the criticism. As someone else pointed out in another thread, with Girardi's increase in quality minutes he is getting exposed more.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I don't like to point fingers at Jagr...never did. But this one irks the crap outta me. Instead of screaming at Roszy...how about critizing his two blind passes across the middle with nobody there cept for Caps? Anyone critizing him for that?

But all in all, if this guy is showing that kind fo emotion, I guess that's a good thing too. Usually he just looks at his feet with the camera's in his face and mumbles after a loss.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The reason is clear. Malik always took all of the criticism. As someone else pointed out in another thread, with Girardi's increase in quality minutes he is getting exposed more.
Not really. I think it's more the effect of being in his first full season and how that makes it more difficult to sustain your level of play consistantly. He was getting about the same amount of minutes against top lines previously and was still looking good. I don't think it's the increase in minutes and the quality of minutes as much as it is that he's still pretty much a rookie and has to deal with keeping his level of play up at all times.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
I'm one of Girardi's biggest supporters but he's had a stretch of rough games here. He's now down to a minus 6. And I can hardly watch Dubinsky play with Jagr anymore. I'm so frustrated that I want to scream at the TV every time he's on the ice. I know he's 22 years old and that we've all been screaming to play the kids but Renney doesn't have to play A KID with our most dangerous offensive weapon. Move Dubinsky to the third line already!!!
Dubi has out played Jagr and Jagr can't finish I agree move Jagr to the third line he is killing the kids point total. Jagr is not finishing. Don't point to the kid.

Last edited by Dagoon44: 12-13-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Dubi has out paled Jagr and Jagr can't finish I agree move Jagr to the third line he is killing the kids point total. Jagr is not finishing. Don't point to the kid.

You made my day, thank you.
Seriously, one has to wonder how far is someone able to go with his hatred to Jagr.
Dubi had one or two points prior playing with Jagr...

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:37 AM
ruckus*

:

Waaaaaaaaaaaa our captain has no heart. Our captain doesn't care. I care more than our captain does.

now it's

Waaaaaaaaaaa our captain is showing too much emotion. He needs to be positive and not call people out. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

How on Earth do any of you know that he wasn't being a positive, motivational Captain beforehand? It's not something that stands out. So you all call him out before for not caring. Now he shows a little emotion and he's wrong for doing it? Hypocrisy anyone? But no, no, no. I'm sure there will be long-winded defenses explaining in full detail exactly why they're right. Let 'er rip boys.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:47 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Not really. I think it's more the effect of being in his first full season and how that makes it more difficult to sustain your level of play consistantly. He was getting about the same amount of minutes against top lines previously and was still looking good. I don't think it's the increase in minutes and the quality of minutes as much as it is that he's still pretty much a rookie and has to deal with keeping his level of play up at all times.
Disagree... Think it directly relates to Malik.

Since Malik has been out and Rozy is with Staal, Girardi and Tyutin are looked at as the top pairing.

Well the results have been what they are... Tyutin struggled last night, Girardi has struggled a few nights and the team struggles as a whole.

Not to mention the horrid speed of that 3rd pairing. At least Malik is a good passer and can get the puck out of the zone that way. Mara and Strudwick live by just throwing it up the boards to the opposing team.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
bcrt2000

Do you guys remember the last time Jagr got pissed off and screamed at his bench?

I do, he did this:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?hl...ent=NYR1210405

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
:

Waaaaaaaaaaaa our captain has no heart. Our captain doesn't care. I care more than our captain does.

now it's

Waaaaaaaaaaa our captain is showing too much emotion. He needs to be positive and not call people out. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

How on Earth do any of you know that he wasn't being a positive, motivational Captain beforehand? It's not something that stands out. So you all call him out before for not caring. Now he shows a little emotion and he's wrong for doing it? Hypocrisy anyone? But no, no, no. I'm sure there will be long-winded defenses explaining in full detail exactly why they're right. Let 'er rip boys.
Wow! You are waaaaay too invested in this player.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:32 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Since Malik has been out and Rozy is with Staal, Girardi and Tyutin are looked at as the top pairing.

Well the results have been what they are... Tyutin struggled last night, Girardi has struggled a few nights and the team struggles as a whole.

Not to mention the horrid speed of that 3rd pairing. At least Malik is a good passer and can get the puck out of the zone that way. Mara and Strudwick live by just throwing it up the boards to the opposing team.
Well Mara played good last night.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

I don't think so. They were already playing 20 minutes per night and even after Malik went out, they were excellent on defense. Not to mention the team went on their best run of the season at that time.

Old
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Youtube or it didn't happen.

12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Jagr blew at least 2 perfect set-ups from Dubinsky last night that should have been, at very least, very good scoring chances. Didn't see anyone "screaming at him".

As the Captain of the team, Jagr needs to look in the mirror before he starts calling his mates out for a single blown play, because he was guilty of twice as many as Rozsival last night IMO. I don't care if it's "his way" or not, but how is anyone going to respond positively to such a critique from a guy who's mailing in his own performance?

Jagr has been playing like crap and not helping this team win at all. When he starts playing and contributing, than he can yell at some of our unfocused players.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

and so it begins.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
ghirshorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
A pis*ed off Jagr is good.

If he still has the physical attributes (his shoulder first and foremost) he'll get his game together at some point. And if he's pis*ed off, it'll probably be sooner.

I agree with this, some players do better angry and Jagr may be one of thoes guys

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Now he shows a little emotion and he's wrong for doing it? Hypocrisy anyone? But no, no, no. I'm sure there will be long-winded defenses explaining in full detail exactly why they're right. Let 'er rip boys.
I think a vocal lashing could have been productive and appropriate if it was given to the team as a whole. What good is pointing the finger at a player who really didn't do anything wrong.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I think a vocal lashing could have been productive and appropriate if it was given to the team as a whole. What good is pointing the finger at a player who really didn't do anything wrong.
I'm not going to go around and defend Jagr here, but Rozsival was pretty crappy last night. I consider that doing plenty wrong

Old
12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
and so it begins.
Yeah? Go back to your board and worry about your last place team. Thanks again to your team for paying half of Jagr's contract..

Whats wrong with some passion from our players? Everyone whines that he doesn't care, then he shows some emotion and hes still ripped? Hysterical. All these Jagr haters will pounce on anything.

Next week people will bash Jags for not caring...

robruckus made the best post in this thread.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
For the record:

I see nothing wrong with what Jags did, and I think a captain should crawl up other players' @$$es when he needs to.

Jags is playing like crap, and is frustrated, but I KNOW he'll turn it around and will be the Jags we all know and love again.

The team scored 4 goals and almost won despite themselves, which is an encouraging sign.

Lundy better do a mea culpa in front of his team for a mediocre performance last night.

The loss is squarely on the vets. Staal, Dubi, and Girardi did what they could.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
...for not getting the puck back to him fast enough.

As per Dellapina:

'And while Renney was addressing reporters, a fed-up Jaromir Jagr and assistant coach Perry Pearn were engaging in a sometimes-heated strategy discussion outside the dressing room. That was after Jagr came to the bench at the end of a shift with 4:10 left in regulation, screamed at struggling defenseman Michal Rozsival for not getting the puck to him early enough and then slumped on the corner of the bench until called to take the first shift of overtime.
"They want me to skate and I'm skating," Jagr said. "They want me to come back, so give me the puck. That's why I was mad." '

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...vertime-2.html

Ahh...the locker room wrecking has begun, what a great captain this guy is.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
NYR Viper

its emotion...which is a good thing.....if you look around the dressing room there are tons of guys who do it and they are called "leaders"....drury is knwon to do that and hold everyone responsible, and shanahan does the same things.....the two players who people want to take the C from jagr and wow.....they do the same thing.....good for jags......show some emotion, get the team fired up and get rolling......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
RB, you are reading too much into this.
Hlinka and Jagr were very good friends, incidents happen.
And bolded part is a product of hysteria don't you think?
What hysteria?Jagr is on pace for a 60-65 point season.You think the Rangers are going anywhere this season besides the golf course in mid April with a below average Jagr.It's not early anymore.Nearly 1/2 into the season.

Stop looking at Jagr with your Czech colored glasses

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 01:47 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
and so it begins.

LOL...Lets face it, Malik is only second to Lidstrom in +/- last couple of years... thats our man now!

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What hysteria?Jagr is on pace for a 60-65 point season.You think the Rangers are going anywhere this season besides the golf course in mid April with a below average Jagr.It's not early anymore.Nearly 1/2 into the season.

Stop looking at Jagr with your Czech colored glasses
My glasses are fine(and clear)
I'm trying to reduce my homerism to minimum, i'm Rangers fan first, Czech second
In fact, i'm one of the biggest JJ's critics here in Czech.
If Rangers will do golfing in April, it's mainly issue of Renney and Sather.
Jagr will not do many points playing with Dubi in defensive system...
It's called not using your potential to maximum Tom!

And i'm sick of this Jagr threads...next time JJ will fart on the bench thread will be 20 pages big...

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
bcrt2000

Everyone loves making mountains out of mole hills here.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote