HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

From San jose Newspaper

Old
12-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Peoples

vCash: 500
From San jose Newspaper

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharkshea...nclick_check=1

No, Canada: Don't count on Canadiens getting Marleau
This trade rumor has a bit of humor
By David Pollak
Mercury News
Article Launched: 12/13/2007 01:52:09 AM PST

Related Stories
Dec 13:
Sharks upcoming scheduleCanucks hold off Anaheim
The Montreal rumor mill has been grinding away this week - and the Sharks have been front and center in much of the trade gossip.

First, San Jose was supposed to be sending forwards Patrick Marleau and Steve Bernier to the Canadiens for forwards Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder. Then it was Koivu and Ryder for Marleau alone, or Bernier and center Joe Pavelski. Other names were tossed into the mix......

Last edited by montreal: 12-14-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: can't post entire articles due to copyright laws
Peoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
ToysInTheAttic

What, they like people to register?

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Your link needs to subscribe to watch the article.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

thelover@gmail.com
thelover

name and password.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
thelover@gmail.com
thelover

name and password.

Thanks.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:33 AM
wedge

absolutely nothing new here

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
thehabsvolta

Quote:
thelover@gmail.com
thelover

name and password.
Thanks a lot man!!

thehabsvolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
GNick42

That's a pretty good trade for Montreal...Bernier and Marleau for Koivu and Ryder. However, no way in hell I see it happening. Deals are tough enough to make in the NHL today and that is a major blockbuster. Even less chance of happening...then including Koivu

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
That's a pretty good trade for Montreal...Bernier and Marleau for Koivu and Ryder. However, no way in hell I see it happening. Deals are tough enough to make in the NHL today and that is a major blockbuster. Even less chance of happening...then including Koivu
We'd never win a Cup with Marleau/Bernier.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 03:41 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
We'd never win a Cup with Marleau/Bernier.
And I'm sure Ryder will be the one scoring the OT Cup winner in Game 7

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:45 AM
jcpenny

A trade wont solve Carbo...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
A trade wont solve Carbo...
dont act like he's the only problem right now because you couldn't be further from the truth

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 07:31 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
dont act like he's the only problem right now because you couldn't be further from the truth
A trade wont prevent Carbo to put to 2 defensmen playing foward, wont prevent his stupid line changes and his bad bench management. Marleau will play 17 mins a game here and wont produce like we think he should. I still think that think we have a pretty good team here and all this team needs is better decision making from the coach. A trade wont change anything. Im ready to not give up on Carbo cuz hes still learning. To bad it had to be with the Habs...Carbo will be an awsome coach in 5 years im sure of it. But now, hes awful.

Old
12-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
A trade wont prevent Carbo to put to 2 defensmen playing foward, wont prevent his stupid line changes and his bad bench management. Marleau will play 17 mins a game here and wont produce like we think he should. I still think that think we have a pretty good team here and all this team needs is better decision making from the coach. A trade wont change anything. Im ready to not give up on Carbo cuz hes still learning. To bad it had to be with the Habs...Carbo will be an awsome coach in 5 years im sure of it. But now, hes awful.

that is where we disagree.

I think this team is rather mediocre and is a fringe playoff team at best.

there is no 1st line calibur center, there is no elite winger, markov is not playing like he should (injured or not), there's little scoring depth on the bottom 6 forwards, and the team gets pushed off the puck rather easy (which makes it hard to possess the puck for long periods of time).

There is no easy solution when ryder is not scoring.

Streit is a defensive liability. Actually, the only time I feel comfortable when the team is hemmed in their own end is when hammer or komisarek are out there. The only time I want to see Streit at the point is on the PP (even then, I feel uneasy). Dandenault is a natural forward, not a natural defensman. So, there is one d-man that is actually playing up front and that is streit. Montreal is not the only team that uses this strategy. Besides, Its not like there are many other options anyways

This is an organization that is trying to build for the future and trying to win now at the same time. In the end, the team seems to get stuck in neutral.

Last edited by Hackett: 12-14-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
thelover@gmail.com
thelover

name and password.
your e-mail address is thelover@gmail.com ?

And you posted it on a public message board?

I ope it's not your main e-mail address... you're gonna receive some fun e-mails tonite

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:17 AM
STAALing

Glad to hear they talk about hockey in SJ newspapers.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
your e-mail address is thelover@gmail.com ?

And you posted it on a public message board?

I ope it's not your main e-mail address... you're gonna receive some fun e-mails tonite

No no, it's a fake e-mail I got from a site that bypasses the registration for these kinds of things.

bugmenot.com

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
that is where we disagree.

I think this team is rather mediocre and is a fringe playoff team at best.

there is no 1st line calibur center, there is no elite winger, markov is not playing like he should (injured or not), there's little scoring depth on the bottom 6 forwards, and the team gets pushed off the puck rather easy (which makes it hard to possess the puck for long periods of time).

There is no easy solution when ryder is not scoring.

Streit is a defensive liability. Actually, the only time I feel comfortable when the team is hemmed in their own end is when hammer or komisarek are out there. The only time I want to see Streit at the point is on the PP (even then, I feel uneasy). Dandenault is a natural forward, not a natural defensman. So, there is one d-man that is actually playing up front and that is streit. Montreal is not the only team that uses this strategy. Besides, Its not like there are many other options anyways

This is an organization that is trying to build for the future and trying to win now at the same time. In the end, the team seems to get stuck in neutral.
They look like a fringe playoff team because of the style they play. We let team dictate games because we dont pressure. We dont have the players to play the system Carbo wants. Thats why we look like crap. Look at the offensive talent we have. Kost brothers, saku, kovy, Higgins, Ryder, Lats, Pleks, Chip (has talent), Streit,Markov, Hamrlik, Brisebois(offensive). These guys are not made for the defensive system we play. Our best players dont play enough also. When i watch games i always notice how we make it easy for the other team because we let them come to us instead of taking it to them.

Im not gonna lie, i believe in an agressive mentality more than beeing cautious. I played university Football where i was thought attack and destroy and sitting back is admitting defeat. I despise Carbo's mentality and philosophy but this is my opinion.

The real answer is that you put a system in place according to the type of players you have. Carbo has a bunch of small offensive gifted guys but he doesnt exploit their skill. Because of that we think they suck, when in reality they could be a very dangerous team. Sometimes i want to throw things at my TV when i see them sit back and let other teams take over the game. Im telling you just a change of mentality would change this team completely,a trade wont solve problems.