HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Doull gets one game for his hit on Nedved.

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 05:07 PM
paxtang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Oh I see now. He meant to throw a flying cross check to the head at the man with the puck. Oh, that makes perfect sense now.
It wasn't a crosscheck, that is incorrect. He went up high with his shoulder. In order to do so he left one foot off the ice. The impact took him off his other foot. If Nedved had recieved the puck, which IMO is what Doull thought woudl happen, it would have been a compleltely legal hit.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
JD can talk all he wants about it. But his opinion is worthless. Of course a homer like him will complain about a guy like Doull and a hit like that. I simply pointed out that he is a hypocrit. He bashed Doull and called him worthless. He has just as much worth as Scott, who he touted. The difference is that Scott is a Ranger.

Doull is a goon. That's a fact. He didn't take a "flying lead with a cross check". I saw no crosscheck there. He went up high, and the force of the hit took his feet off the ice, since he went at him with one foot. The hit was dirty, but it was suspendable.

If you think Doull is a disgrace that's fine. To me he was doing his job. He felt he needed some pay back after their best player got taken out. It was from a clean fight, but generally when a top player gets taken out, a goon will go *** for tat. I don't think he hit was an attempt to injure at all, as can be shown that he didnt lead with the elbow or his stick. He went for a hit to stir stuff up, which can be seen that he had his gloves off to go as soon as he hit him.

You don't need to give him props for not leading with his elbow. But if you want to call him a disgrace and an assasin, that's just pathetic. He put a dirty hit to start stuff up, it wasn't an attempt to injure.
Your damn right he was doing *his* job. Lets see.. Thornton was hurt. Instead of throwing a clean hit, or even getting in a scrap he has to go out there and try and injure someone right back. If everyone tryed to injure someone as revenge to another injure.. we'd have major problems.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil333
If any of you are defending this hit, you did not see the game. It was a crosscheck in the neutral zone to Nedved's face when Nedved did not have the puck. The guy lined him up when he didnt have the puck, came over with the high hit/stick. That is not hockey! It was a good call by the refs.
Unforunately for you, someone posted a link above of the hit the stick didn't even come close to making contact with Nedved's face.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
This is getting rediculous. The argument is going nowhere.

The NHL obviously didn't think the hit was as dangerous as some of you think and want it to be, because they only suspended Doull for ONE game. Maybe that should tell you something.
You're right, it is going nowhere (my god I am angreeing with a Bruin fan), and fact is, it should have went no where to begin with. It is an absolute joke for a suspension. I guess any little hit is a suspendable offense now.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:13 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Your damn right he was doing *his* job. Lets see.. Thornton was hurt. Instead of throwing a clean hit, or even getting in a scrap he has to go out there and try and injure someone right back. If everyone tryed to injure someone as revenge to another injure.. we'd have major problems.
It wasn't an attempt to injure. It was an attempt to stir things up. It wasn't a jump, it wasn't a cross check, and it wasn't a charge. It was a poorly placed hit. He deserved a penalty and a beat down from the Rangers. It wasn't a suspendable hit.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
JD can talk all he wants about it. But his opinion is worthless. Of course a homer like him will complain about a guy like Doull and a hit like that. I simply pointed out that he is a hypocrit. He bashed Doull and called him worthless. He has just as much worth as Scott, who he touted. The difference is that Scott is a Ranger.

Doull is a goon. That's a fact. He didn't take a "flying lead with a cross check". I saw no crosscheck there. He went up high, and the force of the hit took his feet off the ice, since he went at him with one foot. The hit was dirty, but it was suspendable.

If you think Doull is a disgrace that's fine. To me he was doing his job. He felt he needed some pay back after their best player got taken out. It was from a clean fight, but generally when a top player gets taken out, a goon will go *** for tat. I don't think he hit was an attempt to injure at all, as can be shown that he didnt lead with the elbow or his stick. He went for a hit to stir stuff up, which can be seen that he had his gloves off to go as soon as he hit him.

You don't need to give him props for not leading with his elbow. But if you want to call him a disgrace and an assasin, that's just pathetic. He put a dirty hit to start stuff up, it wasn't an attempt to injure.
You obviously have some incident in mind with Scott. What is it?

And just to clarify, in order to go *** for tat (I can't believen *** is filtered), Doull took a run at a player's head and then was ready to drop the gloves? I see.

01-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
It wasn't an attempt to injure. It was an attempt to stir things up. It wasn't a jump, it wasn't a cross check, and it wasn't a charge. It was a poorly placed hit. He deserved a penalty and a beat down from the Rangers. It wasn't a suspendable hit.
If he clearly left his feet, how isnt it a jump? Was it a bunny hop? yeesh..

Old
01-20-2004, 05:18 PM
BruinFan42

Quote:

And just to clarify, in order to go *** for tat (I can't believen *** is filtered), Doull took a run at a player's head and then was ready to drop the gloves? I see.

Saying that he took a run at Nedved's head is not justifiable. How many times do we see suspensions or hits where the case is that a clean hit was the intention, but incidentally a stick or arm came up high? Besides, Doull was ready to drop the gloves after that because he got crosschecked by Carter and then tackled by Malakhov...

Old
01-20-2004, 05:21 PM
paxtang

Quote:

No i don't have a specific incident with Scott in mind. JD criticized Doull for being a no talent goon, which is what he is. He is there to start fights and to bring some energy. That is what Scott is. He isn't a player, he is a goon. The Rangers have had their fair share of those type of players, as has every team. For JD to call Doull a disgrace and that he doesn't deserve to be in the league is stupid, as he hypes up players of hte same exact ilk that Doull is of that play for the Rangers. JD has always been a homer, in fact most commentors are. The Flyer announcers do the same thing, if a player on the Flyers does something like a fake glove drop, its a smart play. If someone else does it, he's a coward. JD has the right to say all he wants, but don't use him as a reliable quote for this instance. Doull didn't go to injure him, as can be seen by watching the clip IMO. He want to pick a fight.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
paxtang

Quote:
If he clearly left his feet, how isnt it a jump? Was it a bunny hop? yeesh..
Because he didn't clearly leave his feet. He took one foot off the ice. The other foot came off from teh impact of the hit, and because his center of balance was up high. It wasn't a jump.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:32 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
I have to agree with John Davidson's little rant on the The Fan590 today. Doull has played 12 games, has a total of 81 penalty minutes and only 26 minutes of ice time in those 12 games. He's not even a enforcer he's simply out there specifically to injure players and shouldn't be playing in the NHL period.

brillaint statement, bravo, your finally figured Doull's role out.

End peoples carreer. Its right in his contract and job description, why didnt we realize it before????

Old
01-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Message to STBOB (the only NYR poster on this thread with more than a shred of objectivity and hockey knowledge):

One team's goon is another team's enforcer. (You know, the old, "he's on my team, he's not a dirty player!")

A solid case can be made for Doull being a no-talent goon. The very same case can be made for NYR's neanderthal on D. Yes, he fights, but he also jumps players, including Jason Blake from behind a couple seasons back. (Just awaiting the justification regarding that one from the hypocrite, er, fan who was ripping Peca last week for being a dity player and suddenly is calling for NYR justice tonight! )

Steve Webb rarely registered a point with NYI, and he drove opponents nuts as he's step on the ice and start hurling his body at players, a vast majority of the time legally. Should he be thrown out of the league? Tootoo? Others?

Slippery slope, one that would certainly include some of the hometown favorites.

If some of the video experts :p here spent 1/10 of the time studying the Zapruder film as they do studying slow-mo video of split second on-ice hits (and subsequently coming to ridiculous conclusions as a result), the JFK assassination would have been a shut and closed case decades ago!

Last edited by Trottier: 01-20-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Message to STBOB (the only NYR poster on this thread with more than a shred of objectivity and hockey knowledge):

One team's goon is another team's enforcer. (You know, the old, "he's on my team, he's not a dirty player!")

A solid case can be made for Doull being a no-talent goon. The very same case can be made for NYR's neanderthal on D. Yes, he fights, but he also jumps players, including Jason Blake from behind a couple seasons back. (Just awaiting the justification regarding that one from the hypocrite, er, fan who was ripping Peca last week for being a dity player and suddenly is calling for NYR justice tonight! )

Steve Webb rarely registered a point with NYI, and he drove opponents nuts as he's step on the ice and start hurling his body at players, a vast majority of the time legally. Should he be thrown out of the league? Tootoo? Others?

Slippery slope, one that would certainly include some of the hometown favorites.
Was that really called for? You know nothing about me and you come right out and bash my hockey knowledge? That really wasnt right..

Old
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Was that really called for? You know nothing about me and you come right out and bash my hockey knowledge? That really wasnt right..
Apology offered. Comment was directed solely at a gutless homer who's double-standard deserves the harsh criticism.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:39 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Well if your hockey knowledge isn't in question, your objectivity sure is.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Apology offered. Comment was directed solely at a gutless homer who's double-standard deserves the harsh criticism.
Accepted. I am looking very much like a homer here, so I can understand your thoughts.. i just get very heated

Old
01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Kaspar's hit wasnt cheap. Unfortually, Reichel had his arm out on the play, which is the only reason his arm was taken out. At least the puck was near Reichel on the play.. Doull's was in open ice nowhere near the puck. He saw Nedved, locked in and went after him like a cat after a mouse.

wow. your opion is so skewered its funny.

U dont even get tha facts right, watch the hit, that littlel black thing that goes by right before the hit, thats called a Hockey Puck.

Funny how u come up with excuses for KAsper's hit though...

Last edited by bb_fan: 01-20-2004 at 05:45 PM.
Old
01-20-2004, 05:42 PM
c-carp

That sucks, that is just the NHL trying to take some of the potential for fireworks from tonights game? If Boston cannot dress Doull they will probably have to dress McCarthy who thinks he doesnt have to do his job anymore?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
wow. your opion is skewered its funny.

U dont even get tha facts right, watch the hit, that littlel black thin that goes by right before the hit, thats calle a Hockey Puck.

Funny how u come up with excuses for KAsper's hit though...
Again you reply to a post of mine and i cant understand what your saying...what?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:45 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Again you reply to a post of mine and i cant understand what your saying...what?

typing and proof reading arent my fortay, i'm sure u can figure it, and yes, u do actually have to twait the sixty seconds to edit your own post/

And if grammatical errors are your only concern.......

Old
01-20-2004, 05:45 PM
c-carp

Quote:
And when Richard Scott played a few games for the Rangers, Davidson was all about him. Davidson is a hyporcrit, citing him here is worthless. How many "dangerous" hits has Doull had??? The guy fights a lot, fine, but when did this guy become a cheap shot artist all of a sudden. This hit was nothign special, he got fined because he's a goon and because of the "wow" factor.
Davidson sucks, I think he has been around Sam Rosen too long and is turning into a pacifist. By the way he wouldnt have a Pro Ranger bias on all this would he?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
typing and proof reading arent my fortay, i'm sure u can figure it, and yes, u do actually have to twait the sixty seconds to edit your own post/

And if grammatical errors are your only concern.......

there, is that better, i fixed a couple of missing letters.

So let me ask, aas someone that has obviously seen the hit so many times since u seem to sucj an expert, how did u miss the puck go by?

Old
01-20-2004, 05:49 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Davidson sucks, I think he has been around Sam Rosen too long and is turning into a pacifist. By the way he wouldnt have a Pro Ranger bias on all this would he?
That's what I'm saying. Most announcers are homers, and Davidson is one of them. That's fine, but don't quote him like he is the end all be all for references about Doull and not expect to be critisized about it.

As a fight fan, I'm just pissed Doull won't be in for the next game.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Irony in all of this?

Bettman's sport will probably get a larger TV audience (albeit of the DirecTV variety) for tonight's NYR/Bs game than any other tonight, based solely on the rivalry built up from yesterday.

No one here is hoping for WWF on ice, and hopefully the passion will translate into a superb game. But what is gained from the league's paranoid over-reaction to yesterday's activities? Who benefits? Serious question.

Let the boys take care of themselves and allow the on-ice officals to regulate the game.

Old
01-20-2004, 05:52 PM
c-carp

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. Most announcers are homers, and Davidson is one of them. That's fine, but don't quote him like he is the end all be all for references about Doull and not expect to be critisized about it.

As a fight fan, I'm just pissed Doull won't be in for the next game.
Me too. All this is is the Bettman Regime taking Doull out of the game because of all the fans they think they will lose if there is another rough game tonight. WTF they just missed the boat again but that is normal for the Bettman regime. What a jackoff.

Closed Thread