HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

over-Hyping Mark Staal

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2007, 03:58 PM
jake1970*

vCash: 500
over-Hyping Mark Staal

I am amazed at all of the hype over Mark Staal by the Ranger fans on this site. Mark Staal is a rookie and he is playing a safe game right now. He is a good skater - not quick - long smooth strides - he has a good stick defensively - he is not a tough guy who any player fears - he is not an offensive player anyone fears - he get's knocked around and loses his balance at times. I think he looks like he may be a good player some day - we are acting like this guy is the new Chris Pronger. Mara should be on the 1st pairing with Rozy right now because at this point Mara is a better player than Staal. Mara is tougher, quicker and a better offensive player. I don't see the player at this point that some of you do on this site.

Old
12-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Close thread in 3-2-1.....

Old
12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
jake1970*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Close thread in 3-2-1.....

Old
12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

I dunno... I kinda like the over-hyping that Staal was getting... those comparison threads with Edler were great!! although it seems that Edler has surpassed him in recent weeks performances... even TSN (who commonly ignores the western conference) considers Edler a top 4 rookie this year, while Staal isn't on that list right now.

personally, I think Staal will be a top pairing dman soon enough... maybe not there yet, but you can see the kid's got talent. I don't know if he'll even be at Pronger's level though.... realistically, Pronger is a generational talent, and has been one of the top 3 dman in the game during most of his core years... will Staal be there? who knows... but IMO while he'll be a legitimate top pairing guy, I don't think he'll be the generational talent than Pronger is, who's consistently in Norris running and one of the top 3 dmen in the game during his prime years.

Old
12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Why did you start another thread on Staal when there is one 3 posts down? And you already stated your opinion in that thread an hour ago.

Closed Thread