HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What does the Richards deal mean for Carter?

Old
12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
daynus

vCash: 500
i agree hatcher is a goner. kapanen as well, and knuble also. watch giroux, if he does put on some muscle by next camp, i would love to see him make the big team.

i want smith back, and we can get er done. i don't think he wants anything longer than 2 years anyways.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I don't love the fact that they treat me as a customer like a piece of ****, but oh well.
Their customer service is notoriously awful and frustrating to deal with... it's rare that I've been able to get a problem fixed by only talking to one employee on the phone. Most of the time, they play "pass the biscuit," with me as the biscuit... you calls always gets transferred to another employee, or you're put on hold forever. This has long been the major gripe with Comcast. Down here in Maryland, Comcast is also the cable giant, but they're no better as far as customer service goes... maybe even worse. My roommate and I are so fed up with their crap (our wireless internet is always disconnecting, and they have already wrongfully accused us once of not paying our monthly cable bill... and we've only been living here for 3 months) that we're probably switching to Verizon FiOS next semester.

/rant

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
socratic, politely call and say you're having problems, went through the troubleshooting the night before, but had to go to bed due to work, and ask them to send a tech out. 95% of the time, they will oblige.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
socratic, politely call and say you're having problems, went through the troubleshooting the night before, but had to go to bed due to work, and ask them to send a tech out. 95% of the time, they will oblige.
The thing is, we did that already, and they have sent a tech out... twice -- the Internet runs smoothly for a few days, but then it just goes dead and never reconnects. We even got a new modem... same problem. And then the whole thing with accusing us of not paying the bill happened, so it just made things even worse (my roommate is the most peeved because he spends all the time on the phone with them, haha).

Old
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
McNasty

I think the Flyers would love to get Carter signed to a 1 year deal for ~ 2 mil. However his agent would be foolish to let him do that. If we don't sign him somebody will slap him an offer sheet. I think we need to see what Potunly has got (nothing in my opinion) and if they feel he can serve as a #3 center on a playoff team you move Carter in the offseason.

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Doubt we see Bieksa traded, at least before he's back and has proven his worth again. Doesn't make sense to trade him prior to that as his value has to have taken a bit of a hit.

Would the Flyers have any interest in a deal such as this:

To Flyers

Lukas Krajicek or Luc Bourdon
Cory Schneider
1st round pick

To Canucks

Jeff Carter
something else(not sure, pick/prospect, young player)

Somehow I don't see the Flyers moving Carter prior to the deadline unless they get a great offer but I can see him being moved at the draft if not signed.

Btw, everyone keeps saying that the Flyers won't have Hatcher next season, but what are they going to do with him? Just stash him in the minors? Also, what's the deal with Mike Rathje? That's a lot of dead cap space there, are they going to get relief for him?
I'd send you Carter, Nitty, and a young defenseman/prospect for Krajicek, Schneider, and a 1st tomorrow.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:52 AM
capn89*

They'll probably trade him... they could probably make it work really well to. The stipulation of the trade would be that he has to navigate the flight to whatever city they send him to. You'd have to figure he'd end up so high & wide off target that he'd miss about half the season with whoever he was sent to. Would probably take him quite a while before he hits the target.

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Amateur Hour

To the Canucks fans in this thread... is there any way Alex Edler would be included in a trade for Jeff Carter? If so, what kind of deal would work?

Old
12-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by socraticirony View Post
To the Canucks fans in this thread... is there any way Alex Edler would be included in a trade for Jeff Carter? If so, what kind of deal would work?
The only way I see Alex Edler being included in the trade for Carter is if it was a one for one swap.

At this point Edler is no longer just a prospect....he's a top 4 NHL defencemen that is on pace to be a top pairing defencemen.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
The only way I see Alex Edler being included in the trade for Carter is if it was a one for one swap.
That would be a pretty sweet deal. He doesn't have the mean streak or right handed shot that Bieksa has, but he's a little more consistent on the back end.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 03:35 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
That would be a pretty sweet deal. He doesn't have the mean streak or right handed shot that Bieksa has, but he's a little more consistent on the back end.
Pre-injury, Bieksa would be the Vancouver d-man I would have wanted most. Krajicek and Edler are both good for our purposes, though.

Old
12-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Carter, I think, needs more time to prove his worth. I'd give him a 1 or 2 year deal not much more than Upshall's and say "show us what you've got".
I think that is exactly what will happen. I still hear the explanation for Coburn's, Upshall's and Kukkonen's contracts, "we are still not sure what kind of player [insert player name] will be, we will revaluate that after that contract". I hope Carter signs for 2 years around $2.5 million p/a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
1. I think the Flyers would love to get Carter signed to a 1 year deal for ~ 2 mil. However his agent would be foolish to let him do that.

2. If we don't sign him somebody will slap him an offer sheet.
1. We did that with Johnsson and Pitkänen some years ago, both signed relatively cheap one year contracts to get a bigger raise afterwards.

2. I don't think that there will be many offer sheets this summer. Look how it works out for the Oilers this season, they got Penner and may lose Stamkos for that. The price next summer is even higher, if you give away your first rounder you may lose Tavares, Hedman or Kuchin.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Death of a Martian

I've always thought that the Flyers are going to pick either Carter or Richards to be apart of their team in the future. One or the other, not both.

It looks like the Flyers have made their decision, I truely think Carter will be gone before the end of the season.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
And, it's also cool to think that whenever we overpay a player, penguins fans pay for it by having their cable bills raised by 5 bucks.
Best line of the morning.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post

At this point Edler is no longer just a prospect....he's a top 4 NHL defencemen that is on pace to be a top pairing defencemen.
Yeah, I'd do it. Probably wouldn't even think twice.

Old
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I'd send you Carter, Nitty, and a young defenseman/prospect for Krajicek, Schneider, and a 1st tomorrow.
Take out Nittymaki and replace him with a draft pick and make the prospect a young forward, say Ryan Potulny, and I'd pull the trigger.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Take out Nittymaki and replace him with a draft pick and make the prospect a young forward, say Ryan Potulny, and I'd pull the trigger.
don't know if we would send potulny with carter. if carter leaves, its probably potulny who will take carter's place in the lineup. besides potulny, we don't have many true centers.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
flyboys15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i don't think players should ever have any say in what goes on with the roster... as personal friendships and everything else get involved and they make decisions for the wrong reasons.
I agree with you, I kind of meant to say that a guy who plays well with the man with the 12 year contract might end up meaning more to you than a guy who doesn't.

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by socraticirony View Post
Not at the rate he's progressing and developing.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:36 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Yeah as someone said we cant deal Carter and Potulny. But how about Carter and Ruzicka? and a 3rd/4th. We could throw in Scott Munroe/Martin Houle/Rejean beauchemin if you need a Gtender to replace Schneider on the moose.

Carter + Ruzicka + 3rd/4th for Kraijeck + Schneider + 1st.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
don't know if we would send potulny with carter. if carter leaves, its probably potulny who will take carter's place in the lineup. besides potulny, we don't have many true centers.
Canucks would have no use for Potulny anyway. H. Sedin, Carter and Kesler would be the top 3 centres in Vancouver for the long haul and Potulny wouldn't be well suited for the 4th line.

Giroux on the other hand would likely be of major interest to the Canucks.

Looks like the two teams could make for good trade partners this coming offseason barring Holmgren's ability to accept the fact Ryan Kesler is basically untouchable. On the other hand Holmgren might see the potential dominance up the middle for the Flyers with Kesler as the 3rd line shutdown centreman and overpay to make it hard for the Canucks to refuse.

At this point Edler for Carter I'm not sure if I do from a Vancouver POV. IMO Alex looks like a future top 10-15 defenseman in the NHL.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah as someone said we cant deal Carter and Potulny. But how about Carter and Ruzicka? and a 3rd/4th. We could throw in Scott Munroe/Martin Houle/Rejean beauchemin if you need a Gtender to replace Schneider on the moose.

Carter + Ruzicka + 3rd/4th for Kraijeck + Schneider + 1st.
Ruzicka actually might be a better fit with the Canucks, they could use another offensive RW'er in the system. What's the deal with him? What's his potential?

But yeah, with Morrison currently out this is a deal I would strongly consider if I was Dave Nonis.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Canucks would have no use for Potulny anyway. H. Sedin, Carter and Kesler would be the top 3 centres in Vancouver for the long haul and Potulny wouldn't be well suited for the 4th line.

Giroux on the other hand would likely be of major interest to the Canucks.
Good luck with that. Giroux's rare blend of two-way ability, offensive creativity, and determination make him one of the more coveted prospects in the system.
Quote:
Ruzicka actually might be a better fit with the Canucks, they could use another offensive RW'er in the system. What's the deal with him? What's his potential?
Imagine a player with Miroslav Satan's skill-set, Ben Eager's mean streak, and Alexei Yashin's work ethic. It's the weirdest **** I've ever seen, to be honest with you.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Pre-injury, Bieksa would be the Vancouver d-man I would have wanted most. Krajicek and Edler are both good for our purposes, though.

Pre-injury, Bieksa was one of the most frustrating Canucks to watch this year. Last year he was phenomenal, a real diamond in the rough; he came out of nowhere and played bigtime minutes in a shutdown tandem with Willie Mitchell.

This year, at least before Bieksa's injury, both guys weren't performing at the same level as last year, especially Bieksa.

It got me thinkin' that this kid was a one-hit wonder and now we may have to wait until next year to find out.

Edler's something special, though. For a kid so young he has amazing poise and rarely makes a costly mistake. I'd think that Canucks management would ask for a large return for this kid.

I'd love to see Edler on the Flyers, but I'd take Bieksa if I knew he could perform at the level he did in 06-07. Bieksa has Flyers personality written all over him.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
mercury

Quote:

But yeah, with Morrison currently out this is a deal I would strongly consider if I was Dave Nonis.
Make it happen. Ruzicka probably needs a change of scenery. He looked good occasionally last year, but I think that he could put up big numbers with good linemates.