HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La / Ottawa Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 06:44 PM
stumpy

vCash: 500
La / Ottawa Proposal

To Ottawa : Sean Avery and Maxim Kuznetsov

To LA : Petr Schastlivy and Shane Hnidy

Neither Schastlivy and Hnidy get much playing time and Avery would be a nice replacement for Varada.

Thoughts

Old
01-20-2004, 06:51 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I hate Avery. Lapperiere available?

Old
01-20-2004, 06:56 PM
stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I hate Avery. Lapperiere available?
So do I, can't stand how many stupid penalties he takes and he makes them over and over.

I could see the kings trading Lapperiere but not in my proposal above

The one player I really want from the sens is Chris Neil but I doubt the sens would trade their tough guy

Old
01-20-2004, 06:57 PM
sensfan18

I hate Avery also, this is probably means he'd be loved once putting on a sens jersey. Seems like a fair deal, done. Mind you, it probably has alot to do with the fact that I am fed up with Schastlivy.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
nikolai19

It's not that bad of a deal. If LA was going to deal Avery, I would not do it to a Western Conference team. He is going to be a terrific pest though. Kuznetsov is big but not great.

Schastilvy may be good if he stays healthy and Hnidy would be nothing more than a number 6 guy, but the Kings could use him.

Overall, a lateral move for both teams but it's not bad.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy

Neither Schastlivy and Hnidy get much playing time and Avery would be a nice replacement for Varada.

Thoughts
done deal

Old
01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
MoS*

i don't see what impetus would result in the senators making such a deal. sure they need toughness and balance to their lineup but guys like avery are 4th liners. they need guys like scott walker or mike ricci or scott thornton. granted, none of those players are available right now, but those are the calibre of players a sensible gm should be covetting

Old
01-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Frolov

I wouldn't trade Avery...

Old
01-21-2004, 10:31 AM
officeglen

Great, undone deal - let's close this and move on.

Edit: note that "undone deal" means no done deal or no deal.

Last edited by officeglen: 01-21-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old
01-21-2004, 11:09 AM
punchy1

Not a chance. Avery is showing that he can be one of the best pests in a long time. He is also scoring allot of late for the amount of ice time he gets AND considering it isn't his exact job. He has more than 15 points already and when he is on his game he is a real spark plug that pisses the other teams players off enough that he draws as many penalties as he takes. The Sens would have to do a bit better than a player who has yet to show anything really and a #6 d man. We are stocked full on defence unless you are offering a top 4 guy. Then, like everyone, we could make room.

No thanks.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:24 AM
punchy1

Here is a statistical comparison point and odd wise for three of them.

Avery 44gp 4g 12a 16pts +1 ATOI 10:43 (he is also the youngest at 23)

Ricci 47gp 4g 14a 18pts +3 ATOI 14:47

Walker 41gp 14g 17a -3 ATOI 19:57

Walker is certainly scoring better (while recieving almost ten minutes more a game than Avery and playing with more talented players most nights but that bit isn't really important) and is a great player as is Ricci. I am not saying that Avery is as good as either of them, yet. I am saying his stats are comparible enough that, at this early stage in his career that it would be foolish to give him away for another half way prospect when the Kings are chock full of talented ones and a number six defencemen when again, they are full up.

You wouldn't be addressing ANY of the Kings needs and would be recieving a #6 defencemen and a real pesky young and talented at what he does player for naught in return. In order to take a player away from a team you should at least have to offer up a package that addresses thier own needs. I think anyways.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Safir*

Avery? Kuznetsov? I'll decline!!!

IMO Hnidy might be even the better of the two D-man. Yikes!

Old
01-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy

Thoughts

i dont think the Sens would do this deal. Kuznetsov is useless. He was drafted in 1995. And hasn't improved one bit since then.

Avery is a pest and can be a valuable asset, when he's thinking. But the problem with Avery is as much as he gets under the skin of opposing player. The same thing happens to him. Where he'll take a dumB penalty and put his team shorthanded.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:52 PM
punchy1

All true but, he is 23 and his stats are comparable to some great players. Of late, he has been a real asset on the Kings and since it isn't an offer from a Kings fan trying to land Hnidy and Schav then it is a no brainer for the Kings to decline.

The Sens are my second team (love the city and have liked the team since that bloody awful first game ever for them of the new era when they had the lads in skirts skating down the spirals and the sheilas in togas. God awful but I love the team) and I watch every game on the satelite that they show. I am well enough familliar with both of the proposed players and while I have no love for Kuz he is a servicable 6 7 lad who, if the stars line up right, could, improve enough to stick with a team. He is under the ripe old age of 26 so anything is still possible. Avery is the best of the bunch mentioned and is serving his team very well while improving his game significantly and cutting down allot on the stupid penalties bit as well. In fact, over the past 7 or so games he has been an exceptional player. The majourity of his points have come in the last several games so he is only getting better. His team mates love him and that says allot. I also remember that the lads on the team in Det where sore bitter to see him go so, again, stats, his age, his style, his play, and all considered. No thanks.

Closed Thread