HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

G.a.m.e.d.a.y.t.h.r.e.a.d. Panturds @ Blues

Old
12-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Checker*

vCash: 500
All in all, I think people have to admit that Brewer played quite well tonight.

As did Jackman.

Kariya looked a bit off, probably has something to do with the slash he took last game.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 10:43 PM
BluesDarb

I wish the D had been anywhere near this good over the last few....bad luck is a *****.....we get offense, get no defense.....we get defense, get no offense.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Mike6749

Kariya has not looked good for about a week or more. He is skating directly into defenders no deke, no shots, he also has had problems handling the puck i.e. on the powerplay. IMHO Dougie has outplayed him over that stretch. Maybe we need to reunite him with Boyes to regain his touch.

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Klaus*

I thought Kariya looked awesome in the two games against Edmonton. Used his speed to get outside on our defenders and was able to get multiple decent scoring chances.

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
...that's right. No good defenseman has ever missed on an outlet pass

Here's the story. People around here keep littering the board with insults aimed at Brewer or flood the board with posts whenever Brewer makes a mistake. Because of that it appears as if Brewer really is crappy becasue

1) We don't single out any other player quite like Brewer
2) No one posts things when he makes a good play.

From here on, get used to me posting when Brewer does well, that way a more balanced view may actually happen here. I'm sick of this witchhunt crap and it needs to end
Good for you Checker!! I don't say much about Brewer or any of our players because I don't really have strong feelings either way. To me it is just game that helps me pass some of my time.

I also get really sick of the negativity on these boards. You give a person an outlet and they're gonna ***** and complain and not much else. That's why I don't post very much. I read these boards once in a while and get turned off by all of the negativity. I'm so glad St. Louis doesn't have a 24 hour sports radio station (Chicago has two of them). If you did, then you would see just how crappy people's attitudes really are. And how unsupportive people are toward their brothers and sisters. It makes me sick. I stopped listening to sports radio because it is just a ***** and complain soap box. They should put the soap in their mouth and get a ****ing life.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:51 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
When is Andy Murray going to stop being a stupid, stubborn ******* and actually give Perron a chance late in a game. Newsflash: he generated better chances than the oldtimers that Murray ran out at the end of the game. Unbelievable.

I'd rather have to sit through 2 Girls 1 Cup again than watch Murray leave Perron to rot on the bench in the 3rd in yet another game.

Credit Vokoun tonight and blame Murray. His failure to utilize Perron and his failure to try anything different with our powerplay (our 1st unit sucked all game) cost us this game

And just when it was beginning to fade from my memory bank, somebody mentions 2 Girls 1 Cup. I'd rather watch a full game with Kariya, Boyes, EJ, Perron, and KT as healthy scratches than watch a 10 second clip of that. Sooooo Disturbing. Good analogy though, Checker. I get your point. I'm so glad we have Murray as a coach, I just don't understand why he doesn't let the kids play late in the game. They've played just as well, if not better, than the other guys on the team.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
BigTeddyPaul

vCash: 872
Off topic but:

***! 3 seconds in and I had to close the link .... AND ... and apparently I didn't even see the worst of it. That was single handedly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I don't know if I missed something earlier but "2 Girls, 1 Cup" deserves some form of a warning. That was just plain gross.

BTP

BigTeddyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Good for you Checker!! I don't say much about Brewer or any of our players because I don't really have strong feelings either way. To me it is just game that helps me pass some of my time.

I also get really sick of the negativity on these boards. You give a person an outlet and they're gonna ***** and complain and not much else. That's why I don't post very much. I read these boards once in a while and get turned off by all of the negativity. I'm so glad St. Louis doesn't have a 24 hour sports radio station (Chicago has two of them). If you did, then you would see just how crappy people's attitudes really are. And how unsupportive people are toward their brothers and sisters. It makes me sick. I stopped listening to sports radio because it is just a ***** and complain soap box. They should put the soap in their mouth and get a ****ing life.
Brothers and sisters? I wish I was related to one of these millionaires. Since you took the time to voice your distaste of people who complain, let me voice my frustration with people who complain of people complaining.

Most people do on boards like these is vent their frustrations. This is a forum to get things off your chest, among other things, No? I may not be the same type of fan as you, does that mean I am wrong if I am critical of a player or coach and you choose not to be? Is there a script we should follow as fans so we are on the same sheet of music?

btw...Brewer looked like crap again last night, I must of watch a different game than some of you. Someone tell me, is he supposed to be an offensive or defensive defensemen, or an all around guy? I cannot figure out any part of his game that is stronger than the other....all parts are bad.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNhockeytown View Post
Brothers and sisters? I wish I was related to one of these millionaires. Since you took the time to voice your distaste of people who complain, let me voice my frustration with people who complain of people complaining.
Most people do on boards like these is vent their frustrations. This is a forum to get things off your chest, among other things, No? I may not be the same type of fan as you, does that mean I am wrong if I am critical of a player or coach and you choose not to be? Is there a script we should follow as fans so we are on the same sheet of music?

btw...Brewer looked like crap again last night, I must of watch a different game than some of you. Someone tell me, is he supposed to be an offensive or defensive defensemen, or an all around guy? I cannot figure out any part of his game that is stronger than the other....all parts are bad.
Fair enough. Anything else honey?

You can be negative all you want. That's your problem. You are trying to lure me into one of those lame ass arguments that you all get into here. I am guilty of getting into these stupid arguments in the past, but regret wasting my time with such drivel.

But, you know what? I feel like entertaining you. Please argue with me.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 12-14-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old
12-14-2007, 05:28 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:

As did Jackman.

Kariya looked a bit off, probably has something to do with the slash he took last game.
I thought all of the D was OK, but Jax absolutely ROCKED! We need him to be a physical force, and he provided that. I am tired of seeing him trying to fulfill some offensive-prowess-destiny. When he hits hard, he can control the tempo of a game. He hit hard last night; too bad the forwards didn't feel like paying the price to win.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
I thought all of the D was OK, but Jax absolutely ROCKED! We need him to be a physical force, and he provided that. I am tired of seeing him trying to fulfill some offensive-prowess-destiny. When he hits hard, he can control the tempo of a game. He hit hard last night; too bad the forwards didn't feel like paying the price to win.
While I think Jax has some offensive upside, his game is intimidation. He has that cold, "I'm-gonna-rip-off-your-head" stare that scares some opposing players

He's not big, but is a hard hitter. Do you think maybe he is a little skiddish because of his weak shoulders? He has had some shoulder problems partly because of his big hits.

Old
12-14-2007, 06:57 PM
St.Louis sports fan

Quote:

As did Jackman.

Kudos to sticking to your guns. If Brewer plays like that more often then people will get off of his case. I am as guilty as anyone on this board about posting negatively towards Brewer and deservedly so, but many of the above posters have it right. We do go way overboard, but in the end he is on our team like it or not so I'll do my best to keep it positive.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 10:15 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Fair enough. Anything else honey?
No sweetheart, that's all.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote