HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hartnell slash on Komisarek

Old
12-14-2007, 08:23 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Didn't Kommy clean Hartnell's clock in a fight last meeting? Is he bitter still? If so, be a man and challenge him to a fight! Don't slash him and skate away like a coward.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Yep. It was from the side but looked worse because Kostitsyn was turning away from it. He wasn't hurt, so it's all good.
I can't stan a comment like so. I'm not saying the nhit was dirty or not but it's attitude like yours that $%#@ stinks.
Penalize the action and not the result

Last edited by otto bond: 12-14-2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typo
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 08:39 AM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

That was dirty but it's part of the game... And non-calls from refs are part of the game too in hockey, it's always been like that. I would like to have some change in the referring of hockey, to make it cleaner and to punish the players more severely in case of vicious attacks. Swinging a hockey with two hands can break bones, they always punish the consequences not the actual slash. If Komi would have been hurt I would have been really sick about the refs not calling anything. If you look at the replay, Komi cross checked him really bad before, so it was clearly a relply, so that's why imo the refs closed their eyes. At least, call double-minors or whatever. Those non-calls lead sometimes to freakouts (see Bertuzzi).

SmurfsFTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Lucius

As to it not being a penalty, refs are human. Although it annoys me that they call O'Byrne for holding his stick out with one hand, but a baseball swing is somehow missed.

That said, they're human. I didn't get a clean replay of it, the scream seemed kind of delayed though. No matter what, it should have been a penalty. And if he hit his hand or arm, he should get 1-2 games to think about it. Maybe more since it would be his second this year.

What I didn't like was the Kostitsyn The Elder hit. That was the Bergeron hit without the injury.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 08:43 AM
NewGuy

C'mon guys it's not like he hooked him. Now that would have deserved a penalty.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:10 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
C'mon guys it's not like he hooked him. Now that would have deserved a penalty.
100% correct. There's no place in hockey for that vicious hook that O'Bryne was rightfully penalized for.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Hartnell has surprised me. I had him pictured as a good up and down, grity,'honest' player. These guys have always been my favorites. Really good 3rd line guys who can play in any role,any situation. I was surprised in last year's palyoffs at what a punk the guy was. He's proven my initial rection wrong.

I think the refs need to answer whether they missed this, or saw it and decided not to make a call. There will always be guys like Hartnell around, and I'm not saying I wouldn't take him here [fan hypocrisy being what it is].

Missing a call is one thing, ignoring one is something else. Play tough, but 2 handed swings are gutless.
Good calls all around, mcphee. I had a big target on Hartnell as a potential signee for the Habs this summer. Recognizing that you'd have to overpay ridiculously to land a younger guy like that, I was ready to anoint him as a guy the Habs should have overpaid to acquire, given the perception of our needs for size and grit.

However as you say, he does seem to be playing punkier than I expected. And of course less effectively too. I don't know if that's frustration to not living up expectations or what. But as you also point out, he was like that in the playoffs last year too.

We still need some of that, mind you. But not to the same "overpay ridiculously" extent that maybe I thought was warranted before.

My other "overpay ridiculously" target of the year before, Langenbrunner, well... I'd still want to pay him a heckuva lot more than the Devils did, so at least my batting average is better than Gainey's. No wait... that's not a good thing.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 09:33 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Good calls all around, mcphee. I had a big target on Hartnell as a potential signee for the Habs this summer. Recognizing that you'd have to overpay ridiculously to land a younger guy like that, I was ready to anoint him as a guy the Habs should have overpaid to acquire, given the perception of our needs for size and grit.

However as you say, he does seem to be playing punkier than I expected. And of course less effectively too. I don't know if that's frustration to not living up expectations or what. But as you also point out, he was like that in the playoffs last year too.

We still need some of that, mind you. But not to the same "overpay ridiculously" extent that maybe I thought was warranted before.

My other "overpay ridiculously" target of the year before, Langenbrunner, well... I'd still want to pay him a heckuva lot more than the Devils did, so at least my batting average is better than Gainey's. No wait... that's not a good thing.

Perfect example of the biggest fault of all of us armchair GM's [and probably actual GM's]. We fall in love with the idea of the player more than we do the player.

I don't know if the volume of players makes it harder to really know a player, or whether we get suckered by highlight packages or stats like PIM's or hits, but we do it all the time.

I was big on getting a nasty winger with decent skill to create some room whenever the threads would head in that direction. Mike8 made a point about the real need being a talented top end forward, someone who could be dangerous and secure with the puck. He was right, you get top end talent and all the other pieces fall into place.

Old
12-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
i think the jason smith hit on kostitsyn in the third was pretty dirty, hits him from behind and didn't even get 2 minutes. **** i hate philly!

Lucky you, you only get t osee them 4 times a year.... I hate the refs, now imagine how much anxiety I have to go thru seeing them 82 games per year!

Hasn't anybody noticed how the refs completely changed their attitude towards the Habs at the begining of november... nothing to do with Carb's whinning... just plain old 'game control' by the league....

it's getting more ridiculous by the minute.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
I can't stan a comment like so. I'm not saying the nhit was dirty or not but it's attitude like yours that $%#@ stinks.
Penalize the action and not the result
I meant it's all good because he wasn't hurt. That Smith wasn't penalized (for what I don't think was an illegal check) is unrelated to my statement, and your point of view, clearly not mine.

Go take your frustrations out on someone else.

edit: If you don't think the hit was dirty (or not.. way to sit on the fence), what problem do you have with my comment? With that in mind my statement (to you, since you claim to be neutral to the legality of the hit) should have no meaning at all other than me being thankful for Andrei not getting hurt, unless you do in fact think the hit was dirty because there was no action to be penalized otherwise. It's fence sitters (while clearly holding an opinion on the matter) and people who don't think their posts through like you who "$%#@ stinks." Gimme a break.

Last edited by coolguy21415: 12-14-2007 at 11:46 AM.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Evil Ted

someone have a youtube of the infraction?

Philly is offically on notice by the league, so even if this sort of play doesnt normaly warrant a suspension maybe under there circmstances it does, especially when you consider Hartnell already got his ass handed to him by Komisarek in a fair fight and then comes back with a cheapshot.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I thought Smith's hit was really dirty.. Kostitsyn's back was turned to Smith way before Smith even committed to the hit.. He still hit him even though Andrei's numbers were staring him in the face.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

the worst part of the jason smith hit was the ****ing retard announcers on the philly channel were trying to say it was a "GOOD" hit by smith. i want komisarek to hammer that sewer rat briere next game lol

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Joe Cole

The Habs have to skate by the Philly bench and say "any dirty hits and we will retaliate on your star players", then follow up. Repeat.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Komisarek just had to fight Hartnell like the last time if he was so pissed about it.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
The Habs have to skate by the Philly bench and say "any dirty hits and we will retaliate on your star players", then follow up. Repeat.
LOL

Philadelphia would kill all our players before we'll have the time to try hitting their good players. We dont have any goon or look alike exept O'Byrne and maybe Komi if Carbo wants him to fight (that means never).

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I meant it's all good because he wasn't hurt. That Smith wasn't penalized (for what I don't think was an illegal check) is unrelated to my statement, and your point of view, clearly not mine.

Go take your frustrations out on someone else.

edit: If you don't think the hit was dirty (or not.. way to sit on the fence), what problem do you have with my comment? With that in mind my statement (to you, since you claim to be neutral to the legality of the hit) should have no meaning at all other than me being thankful for Andrei not getting hurt, unless you do in fact think the hit was dirty because there was no action to be penalized otherwise. It's fence sitters (while clearly holding an opinion on the matter) and people who don't think their posts through like you who "$%#@ stinks." Gimme a break.
If you want me to lay on one side of the fence, I say the hit was illigal but Smith held back just enought. Kostitsyn turning on the play was pure reaction on his part. Kostitsyn was blind sided and when I was watching the game I almost could swear to see the hit before it happen ala Amstrong. It make me *&^%^$ wen they penelize the result and not the action....like 4 for high stick wen cut...A high stick is a high stick. An elbow is an elbow.You get my drift

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Hartnell has surprised me. I had him pictured as a good up and down, grity,'honest' player. These guys have always been my favorites. Really good 3rd line guys who can play in any role,any situation. I was surprised in last year's palyoffs at what a punk the guy was. He's proven my initial rection wrong.

I think the refs need to answer whether they missed this, or saw it and decided not to make a call. There will always be guys like Hartnell around, and I'm not saying I wouldn't take him here [fan hypocrisy being what it is].

Missing a call is one thing, ignoring one is something else. Play tough, but 2 handed swings are gutless.
I guess you east coast guys didn't catch Hartnell in action in previous seasons. His dirtbag hit on Cheechoo in the playoffs last year still has San Jose fans p-oed.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Maxpac

hey evreyone, i just pushed the subject on the NHL board, that was a s dirty as it gets, it was the Perezhogin shot but on his foot and i hope he gets a suspension for it, same goes for Smith

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
hey evreyone, i just pushed the subject on the NHL board, that was a s dirty as it gets, it was the Perezhogin shot but on his foot and i hope he gets a suspension for it, same goes for Smith
Dirty as it gets...

You sir are doing a fine job! Give this man a raise

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
I guess you east coast guys didn't catch Hartnell in action in previous seasons. His dirtbag hit on Cheechoo in the playoffs last year still has San Jose fans p-oed.
That's why I said I was surprised to catch his act in last year's playoffs. I had thought he was a different type of player.

Old
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Dirty as it gets...

You sir are doing a fine job! Give this man a raise
who the **** are you A-HOLE? seriously go b*tch on someone else, here and on the NHL board, sorry if my english isin't ok enough for you, whatever gets you attention i guess.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote