HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Meet the Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Meet the Oilers

I did something like this last year, and it's pretty boring, but it's basically just pictures of the players in the system. Most of the pictures are new for this year, but a few have been recycled from last year. Anyway, if you want to check it out, you can find it here (PDF, 1.31MB).

Last edited by Seachd: 02-18-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old
01-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Boondock Saint

Cool... Thanks, Seachd.

PS. Nice doo, Jesse.
PPS. Why does it look like Rocky Thompson has been punched in the face a gazillion times........ Oh ya, it's cause he's been punched in the face a gazillion times.....

Old
01-20-2004, 06:16 PM
USC Trojans
AD

damn, too many Smiths in this organization...

Old
01-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Limey

Send a message via ICQ to Limey Send a message via AIM to Limey Send a message via MSN to Limey
Dang - you're right on Niinimaki - that IS some uglee hair Man it looks like a spoof from some Beastie Boys video or maybe a Foo Fighters one. Abba lives on I guess.

Check out Joukov man - looks like a mean version of Mick Jagger from Freejack man.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
damn, too many Smiths in this organization...
Yeah, agreed, Imagine if they were all up with the Oilers at the same time...
Smyth, Smith, D. Smith, K. Smith, and what Kent. Smith? Wow

Also, on an unrelated note, Joukov scares me.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
Yeah, agreed, Imagine if they were all up with the Oilers at the same time...
Smyth, Smith, D. Smith, K. Smith, and what Kent. Smith? Wow

Also, on an unrelated note, Joukov scares me.
Smith takes the puck behind the net...Smith comes around and brings it to the neutral zone. He passes to Smith...who dishes a pass to Smyth....drops it back to Smith. Smith with a point shot!!! Save, rebound to Smyth, who shoots!!! Save by the goalie! Rebound goes back to Smith...passes it to Smith...back to Smith again...then to Smith, shoots, tipped in by Smyth!!!! The Oilers score! Smyth goal assisted by Smith and Smith!!!

Rod Phillips will have a stroke trying to commentate those games.

Old
01-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Avery4Byng*

I love Ryan Smyth's hair in that picture....

Old
01-20-2004, 09:56 PM
aspin

Good Job

Awesome job Seach'd. Just a couple of quick notes. Courcelles is not part of the Oilers orginazation. He was just invited to camp. Also Legg is no longer part of the organization. Thirdly, I would not rule out Muratov so quickly.

Old
01-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Oi'll say!

Does this team have their share of redheads or what? Holy cow!

Old
01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin
Awesome job Seach'd. Just a couple of quick notes. Courcelles is not part of the Oilers orginazation. He was just invited to camp. Also Legg is no longer part of the organization. Thirdly, I would not rule out Muratov so quickly.
I'm still not completely sure of Courcelles' situation. Some people say that a player can be signed if he passes through the draft once. Others say he has to be a certain age. So I haven't heard if Courcelles is or isn't actually part of the organization. One possibility is that he's on the Oilers' protected list (a concept I don't really understand) and therefore ineligible to be drafted by anyone else. So I put him on just to be safe, and I wouldn't be surprised if by next year, he's a Roadrunner (or at least a Cottonmouth).

As far as I know, Legg hasn't yet been bought out by the Oilers, and they're still trying to find somewhere for him to play. I guess I could remove him, because there's not much hope for him at all, it seems. From Guy's interviews with Prendergast, I gathered the same about Muratov - they just don't see him as a part of the future. I also left Dufort off for that same reason, although, injury or not, he probably has a better shot than Legg.

Old
01-20-2004, 11:23 PM
aspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I'm still not completely sure of Courcelles' situation. Some people say that a player can be signed if he passes through the draft once. Others say he has to be a certain age. So I haven't heard if Courcelles is or isn't actually part of the organization. One possibility is that he's on the Oilers' protected list (a concept I don't really understand) and therefore ineligible to be drafted by anyone else. So I put him on just to be safe, and I wouldn't be surprised if by next year, he's a Roadrunner (or at least a Cottonmouth).

As far as I know, Legg hasn't yet been bought out by the Oilers, and they're still trying to find somewhere for him to play. I guess I could remove him, because there's not much hope for him at all, it seems. From Guy's interviews with Prendergast, I gathered the same about Muratov - they just don't see him as a part of the future. I also left Dufort off for that same reason, although, injury or not, he probably has a better shot than Legg.
Courcelles to me is in the same position as Mathieu Roy was last year. Roy was invited to camp last year. He was not drafted. The Oilers drafted him this year now to aquire his rights. The Oilers asked a lot of players to camp and it does not mean they hold their rights. Maybe it is a question Guy can ask Kevin P. but I think he is in the same boat as Roy.

As for Dufort, I agree that he and Dewan should be left off the list as it looks like their careers are over. The thing about Legg is that I thought that they had to sign the college players after they are done college to get their rights. The Oilers never signed Legg. He signed a minor league deal as did some of these other players (Hogan, Kenton Smith, Plourde, etc). I do not think the Oilers are trying to find a team for Legg to play with because Kevin P. did not even know what league he was in according to Guy's interview. He said he is playing with another ECHL team but in reality Austin was his second CHL team after Columbus. None of this makes a big deal. If you are able to get Muratov's stats would you be able to just post them once in the thread for me. It sucks now that russianhockeyinsider,conm is not updated anymore. Thanks. Where do you get the russian stats without having to read russian. Do you get it from russianprospects?

Last edited by aspin: 01-20-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old
01-21-2004, 12:12 AM
Seachd

I think you're right about Legg. I was maybe thinking of Antila.

I'm not sure of a good place to get Muratov's stats in English. I get them from a Russian site. Anyway, his stats so far are 20GP-1G-6A-7PTS-8PIM. In fact, here's a link to a page with all his stats:

http://www.metallurg.ru/base/playerinfo.php?idplayer=29

Old
02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Seachd

Aspin,

I know you like this thing, so I updated it, and I even got rid of Legg!

Old
02-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Cerebral

Matt Greene is my new favorite Oilers prospect..

Old
02-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Hemsky4PM

Joukov is the funniest looking. Followed closely by Plourde.
Jesse's hair is just ridiculous. Good sign though, you have to have serious stones to wear a doo like that.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I did something like this last year, and it's pretty boring, but it's basically just pictures of the players in the system. Most of the pictures are new for this year, but a few have been recycled from last year. Anyway, if you want to check it out, you can find it here (PDF, 1.31MB).
Thanks a lot Seachd, some of these are just awesome...

Brodziak: As Grandpa Simpson would say..."Now THERE'S a haircut you could set your watch to!"

Antila: Looks like he's hiding a dead mouse inside his mouth...Hey Kristian! Smile and the world smiles with you!

Caron: Holy crap, the guy looks like a high school offensive lineman applying for a job at Oracle. Watch out for flying buttons!

Conklin/Chimera: Looks like their girlfriends went to the same haircutting school...either that, or it's Day 2 at Basic Training.

Cross: 'F......B......R......X......T - The guy looks like he's trying very hard to read an eyechart. That explains a lot.

Helminen: Hockey player or MIT grad? You decide.

Hemsky: I've see fry guys at McDonald's that look older. Wow he looks like a kid.

Jacques: Looks like he just walked out of a '70s Sitcom.

Joukov: Where to even BEGIN? HHH nose, lips from a 'WHEN COLLAGEN ATTACKS!' Fox Special, head shaped like a lightbulb...a plastic surgeon could retire off him.

Brenk, Fisher, Koltsov, Niinimaki, Olsson: Screw hockey, these pretty boys should form their own boy band (Henrich should be their business manager, since he doesn't seem too happy being a hockey player anyway) and get some boy band girls.

Rita: Probably the first and last place I'll ever see the kid smile.

Salmelainen: Anyone remember that little kid at school, the smallest one in your class that just didn't seem right in the head? The one that'd lick 9V batteries during Social Studies and headbutt his locker for no apparent reason, but would always do this stuff with the most endearing grin on his face? Salmo looks like this guy.

Salo: Why the smirk, Tommy?

Smyth/Staios: Big Mullet and Little Mullet.

Thompson: "Don't worry ma'am, this is one way glass...there's no way he can see you."

Torres: Barney Rubble with a gland condition.

Ulanov: If he wants to put in his Judas Priest tape at the party, you damn well don't argue about it.

Umicevic: Boy Band standby, just in case Brenk/Fisher/Koltsov/Niinimaki/Olsson gets fat or goes into rehab.

Valiquette/Winchester: That's some long necks.

York: Looks like he swallowed a pencil and it got stuck.

Closed Thread