HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Cheechoo

Old
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
If you want Cheechoo all I know is you better be prepared to lose either picks or prospects such as Sanguinetti or Sauer

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't think the Rangers are playing Struds over a purported better defenseman because of his fighting ability. Which is dubious at best. Willing? Yes. Good? Meh.

He was never a legit first line defenseman. But he did have some chemistry with Rozsival (who coming into this season was the best defenseman on the team - which might not be the case anymore). That's why he was on the first pair in the first place.

But really, what would another team say about a player who is not playing because Jason Strudwick might fight once every 10 games (3 fights this season). What would they really give up for such a player.
You know we see our own team so often and disect it everyday on these boards and at the bar etc...

Other teams have other needs. Needs a guy like Malik might fill nicely. Is he alone going to bring in a choice player? I guess not, but you never know. The package deals are harder and harder to pull off.

Look what we gave up for Avery? We got an curiously impact player for Ward and a reluctant prospect.

12-14-2007, 11:21 AM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
I don't know about that. His salary is not that awful. But he is an expiring contract which might be attractive.
well id personally rather see rozsival shipped out. you can get more than you would for malik, plus rozsy will be asking for too much next year (4-5m?). i dont think the rangers should resign him at that price with the defensive depth in the ahl and with bobby blueline coming up in the next year or so.

NosLliWhsoj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:22 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
If you think SJ is going to trade Cheechoo for Prucha + Malik, pass over whatever you're drinking.
No, but Cheechoo has been pretty bad this year (9 points in 28 games).

Prucha, Dawes and Malik might be able to fetch him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
well id personally rather see rozsival shipped out. you can get more than you would for malik, plus rozsy will be asking for too much next year (4-5m?). i dont think the rangers should resign him at that price with the defensive depth in the ahl and with bobby blueline coming up in the next year or so.
Yeah, and who are you going to replace Roszival with for the time being? Sanguinetti is still 2 years away from the NHL in my opinion. That would be a terrible move since this defense is already too young as it is

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
If we can do Malik and Prucha for Cheechoo you HAVE to do that. All players are struggling and in need of a change, Like Singn said Cheechoo and Gomez could be nice, Malik needs to go, so really its Prucha for Cheechoo and I'll take that gamble.
Gamble? I think Sather would personally pack Prucha's bags and drive him to the airport if San Jose agreed to that deal.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Cheech makes 2.5 mill this season

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
You know we see our own team so often and disect it everyday on these boards and at the bar etc...

Other teams have other needs. Needs a guy like Malik might fill nicely. Is he alone going to bring in a choice player? I guess not, but you never know. The package deals are harder and harder to pull off.

Look what we gave up for Avery? We got an curiously impact player for Ward and a reluctant prospect.
I'm not saying he doesn't have trade value defensemen always do. But his value is well down from where it has been. That happens when you're not on the ice.

Avery was a different situation. Tthere were other factors going on in LA.

12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
If you want Cheechoo all I know is you better be prepared to lose either picks or prospects such as Sanguinetti or Sauer
not necessarily, his stock has dropped, in 28 games he has 4 G, 5 A, compared to his 56 G season two years ago, thats pretty bad

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Nah. You trade Rozsival right now unless you are going to get a defenseman back in the deal. He's just too valuable to this team.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

So why is trading Prucha with one less point worth it then? I know Cheechoo has great potential, but don't forget, he scored 56 goals with a very hot Joe Thornton.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
So why is trading Prucha with one less point worth it then? I know Cheechoo has great potential, but don't forget, he scored 56 goals with a very hot Joe Thornton.
Because he's bigger, faster and better.

Old
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Because he's bigger, faster and better.
and Renney doesn't like Prucha for some reason. He has him burried on the 3rd line in a defensive role. He needs to be played on the 1st line imo. This team needs some kind of change too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
that could work. I never really thought of that. I would rather look for either a PF or a playmaking center though. Reasoning for a big forward is b/c we are small. Reasoning for a playmaking center is b/c I think drury should be playing wing w/ Gomez.
i like Cheechoo but id rather have someone more physical, someone like Bernier. Now that Id offer one of Sauer, Baranka, Dawes if I had too. We can use a powerforward with size on the wings that use their size. And please Hossa aint close to a power forward cause he has size.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Nich

cheechoos trade value is extremly low as well and san jose might like the idea of getting a change of scenery for him, and seeing how prucha is cheaper they might take that chance that they can jump start prucha in their system.

this isn't cheechoo from the last two years on the trade block

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:36 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
I'm not saying he doesn't have trade value defensemen always do. But his value is well down from where it has been. That happens when you're not on the ice.

Avery was a different situation. There were other factors going on in LA.

well yea he had worn out his welcome. Has Cheech worn out his welcome with his poor play....

Gomez and Cheech seem like a sweet fit, but than again he hasnt been scoring with Joe T setting him up. He has been tossed around the lines this year AND he's been injury prone...

Old
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

What this team really needs is a guy like Graves. Stand up , go to the net, get dirty and put the rebounds home

Old
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
well yea he had worn out his welcome. Has Cheech worn out his welcome with his poor play....

Gomez and Cheech seem like a sweet fit, but than again he hasnt been scoring with Joe T setting him up. He has been tossed around the lines this year AND he's been injury prone...
I have more faith that he will get right (maybe not his 56 goal form) than I do of Petr Prucha doing the same.

Old
12-14-2007, 11:38 AM
JayMan82

They're gonna run Nabby into the ground (he's played all their games so far), so they would probably want a good backup in any deal... Maybe we can include Monty and get one of their Prospect Goalies back (Greiss or Sexsmith)?

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
What this team really needs is a guy like Graves. Stand up , go to the net, get dirty and put the rebounds home
We have a player like that. he's called drury. unfortunately Renney is playing him w/ the wrong teamates and in the wrong position.

He should be a winger playing w/ either Jagr and Straka or Gomez and Shanny.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Nich

Quote:
I have more faith that he will get right (maybe not his 56 goal form) than I do of Petr Prucha doing the same.
amen. and really he will only improve our team, and bring up baranka for a shot at the 6th spot.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
RinkOnEStreet

I would love to see a Malik + Dawes + Sauer for Cheech trade. However I don't think that would be enough for SJ to dump Cheech. Perhaps closer to the deadline.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
Nah. You trade Rozsival right now unless you are going to get a defenseman back in the deal. He's just too valuable to this team.
i dont know... liles for example. he can replace rozsy in the lineup and contribute more. if you have to, you can call up baranka and you still have malik riding the pine. mara tyutin girardi and even staal have offensive potential. half of rozsival goals have been easy tap ins so it wouldnt be too hard to replace that. other dmen score the same goals as he does, they just dont get the icetime he sees. also, without rozsivals and his horrible decision making skills out on the PP, you might see a shot from the point or someone who you could call a PP QB

NosLliWhsoj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
amen. and really he will only improve our team, and bring up baranka for a shot at the 6th spot.
but we still don't have enough playmakers on this team to get people to score. We have only 1 true playmaking center. That's Gomez.

We need at least one more. To center the first line.

Does SJ have any other Playmaking centers (besides Joe) that maybe a fair Blockbuster deal could be accomplished?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
i dont know... liles for example. he can replace rozsy in the lineup and contribute more. if you have to, you can call up baranka and you still have malik riding the pine. mara tyutin girardi and even staal have offensive potential. half of rozsival goals have been easy tap ins so it wouldnt be too hard to replace that. other dmen score the same goals as he does, they just dont get the icetime he sees. also, without rozsivals and his horrible decision making skills out on the PP, you might see a shot from the point or someone who you could call a PP QB
But how are you getting Liles? You don't trade Rozsival and create a hole on your top pairing.

Old
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
but we still don't have enough playmakers on this team to get people to score. We have only 1 true playmaking center. That's Gomez.

We need at least one more. To center the first line.

Does SJ have any other Playmaking centers (besides Joe) that maybe a fair Blockbuster deal could be accomplished?
Jagr is a playmaker.