HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jonathan Cheechoo

Old
12-14-2007, 11:43 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
I would love to see a Malik + Dawes + Sauer for Cheech trade. However I don't think that would be enough for SJ to dump Cheech. Perhaps closer to the deadline.
if we can get him for Malik and Prucha, you do that. giving up sauer and dawes, I'd rather not

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
But how are you getting Liles? You don't trade Rozsival and create a hole on your top pairing.
huh?
in a trade with colorado, how else?

NosLliWhsoj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rags225

Quote:
Jagr is a playmaker.
yeah but he always has thrived w/ another playmaking center playing along w/ him.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
and Renney doesn't like Prucha for some reason. He has him burried on the 3rd line in a defensive role. He needs to be played on the 1st line imo. This team needs some kind of change too.
renney 'doesn't like' prucha cause prucha is garbage. he is small, slow and has zero hockey sense. kid is 165lbs of pure heart but he brings nothing to the table...and he's playing with drury so its not like he doesn't have good linemates.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
huh?
in a trade with colorado, how else?
And who are you giving up to get him?

Nich

Quote:
if we can get him for Malik and Prucha, you do that. giving up sauer and dawes, I'd rather not
i could also see the rangers try to include hollweeg to open up space for moore as well

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
If you want Cheechoo all I know is you better be prepared to lose either picks or prospects such as Sanguinetti or Sauer
bobby pasta is pretty close to untouchable in my book but i'd include sauer without question for cheechoo

Old
12-14-2007, 11:47 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Yes, but you aren't getting him for Prucha and Malik. You have to sweeten the pot, and I think adding Sauer does that. However I'd still rather keep Prucha over Dawes.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
JayMan82

SJ has Rivet, Ehrhoff, Ozo, Carle, McLaren, Murray, Pickle (Vlasic) and Semenov (8!) NHLers on their Blueline... I don't know if they'd want an aging vet w/ a high salary hit on their team when they can get a high quality rental closer to the deadline... They look good w/ their depth @ forward too... I think any package would HAVE TO include Dawes and Montoya...

BTW, Carle has been stuggling and I would LOVE to see him in blue...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
And who are you giving up to get him?
ummm... rozsival.

Old
NYR469

Quote:
But how are you getting Liles? You don't trade Rozsival and create a hole on your top pairing.
yep if you could get liles you'd want him to be added to our blueline as an upgrade, not replacing our top guy

Old
12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
ummm... rozsival.
You certainly never made that clear.

No, I don't trade Rozsival for Liles.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 11:51 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
renney 'doesn't like' prucha cause prucha is garbage. he is small, slow and has zero hockey sense. kid is 165lbs of pure heart but he brings nothing to the table...and he's playing with drury so its not like he doesn't have good linemates.
drury stinks! he's done nothing. Prucha is not a defensive player but being played in a defensive role on the 3rd line. He is not garbage. He gets traded, that coach looks at some tape, plays him in the right role, and he racks up 20-25, Renney is a dope, and isn't playing him properly.

Old
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
You certainly never made that clear.

No, I don't trade Rozsival for Liles.
i just dont see the rangers resigning him, and i dont think hes that good. this season he is a product of the system and has scored 7 goals. but the scoring among the d is up for the whole team. hes not an outstanding player and you never notice him on the ice until you are screaming "SHOOT!" or he gets beat in his own zone. i think it would be a smart move on management to pull the trigger for the right return. package rozsival prucha and pick... you might be able to get something

Old
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
McRanger

Quote:
drury stinks! he's done nothing. Prucha is not a defensive player but being played in a defensive role on the 3rd line. He is not garbage. He gets traded, that coach looks at some tape, plays him in the right role, and he racks up 20-25, Renney is a dope, and isn't playing him properly.
Prucha is bringing down Drury at ES, not the other way around.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
i just dont see the rangers resigning him, and i dont think hes that good. this season he is a product of the system and has scored 7 goals. but the scoring among the d is up for the whole team. hes not an outstanding player and you never notice him on the ice until you are screaming "SHOOT!" or he gets beat in his own zone. i think it would be a smart move on management to pull the trigger for the right return. package rozsival prucha and pick... you might be able to get something
omg our D without Rozie looks like this, yikes, cannot trade Rozie

Toots Girardi
Staal Struds
Malik Mara

Old
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Rags225

Quote:
a player who has scored at least 20 goals every year in his career except one year when he had 18 (8 yr career) stinks. But a player who has scored thirty once (Drury did it 2x one yr 30 and 37 last two seasons) and 22 his second year is the better.

Drury also had at least 44 pts in every season for all 8 seasons. only under 50 pts twice rook year had 44 and another year had 46. Remember most of his years playing were during the clutch and grab era where players his size had harder times.

But Drury stinks? How the ****** can you say that. and they both play on the third line together so don't give me that as a reason why Prucha doesn't have many points. Prucha has been on the PP recently and hasn't done squat. He is worthless and I can't wait for him to be traded.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
omg our D without Rozie looks like this, yikes, cannot trade Rozie

Toots Girardi
Staal Struds
Malik Mara
yes because trades these days only go one way. we would not be getting anyone in return, i totally forgot about this new rule in the CBA

Old
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
a player who has scored at least 20 goals every year in his career except one year when he had 18 (8 yr career) stinks. But a player who has scored thirty once (Drury did it 2x one yr 30 and 37 last two seasons) and 22 his second year is the better.

Drury also had at least 44 pts in every season for all 8 seasons. only under 50 pts twice rook year had 44 and another year had 46. Remember most of his years playing were during the clutch and grab era where players his size had harder times.

But Drury stinks? How the ****** can you say that. and they both play on the third line together so don't give me that as a reason why Prucha doesn't have many points. Prucha has been on the PP recently and hasn't done squat. He is worthless and I can't wait for him to be traded.
The PP is a disaster period, with or without Prucha. He is not worthless, Renney is the coach, failed to play Cullen in the right role and is failing with Prucha.

Old
12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
The PP is a disaster period, with or without Prucha. He is not worthless, Renney is the coach, failed to play Cullen in the right role and is failing with Prucha.
you mean you wouldnt have dubinsky as your center on your number 1 PP unit?

Old
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM
McRanger

Quote:
The only reason Prucha had success originally on the PP was because it ran through Jagr and 2 years ago Jagr was a beast. Without Jagr, the offense needs to be spread around to be successful. Which is basically the point about Prucha, he is not adding any offense of his own.

Old
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
He is a product of a system and he's scored 7 goals? The same system where the Rangers can't score more than 2 goals a game? That 7 goals is more than most of the forwards have scored. That 7 goals is as many as the entire fourth line, Petr Prucha, Marcel Hossa, and Sean Avery combined. Thay 7 goals which is just as many as Chris Drury and Jaromir Jagr have. Which is one more than Scott Gomez. So really don't see how he is a product of the system.

If you don't think the Rangers will resign him (which I suspect is code for you don't want the Rangers to resign him) that's fine. But there is still 2/3 of a season to play. And this guy is one of the top pairing defensemen for them. And he' providing much needed offense.

Old
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
NosLliWhsoj*

Quote:
He is a product of a system and he's scored 7 goals? The same system where the Rangers can't score more than 2 goals a game? That 7 goals is more than most of the forwards have scored. That 7 goals is as many as the entire fourth line, Petr Prucha, Marcel Hossa, and Sean Avery combined. Thay 7 goals which is just as many as Chris Drury and Jaromir Jagr have. Which is one more than Scott Gomez. So really don't see how he is a product of the system.

If you don't think the Rangers will resign him (which I suspect is code for you don't want the Rangers to resign him) that's fine. But there is still 2/3 of a season to play. And this guy is one of the top pairing defensemen for them. And he' providing much needed offense.
the cylcing in the corner, with the pass back to the dmen, back down to the corner, then outfront to the pinching dman on the far side... have you watched any games this year?

i dont care about his goals, hes been the cause of more than 7 goals against. his offensive upside does not make up for his weak defensive play. hes mighty luck to have played with malik and staal who have been covering his mistakes for the last 2 years.

as for resigning him, would you resign him at 4.5m for 4 years?

Old
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
McRanger

Quote:
the cylcing in the corner, with the pass back to the dmen, back down to the corner, then outfront to the pinching dman on the far side... have you watched any games this year?

i dont care about his goals, hes been the cause of more than 7 goals against. his offensive upside does not make up for his weak defensive play. hes mighty luck to have played with malik and staal who have been covering his mistakes for the last 2 years.

Have you? A lot of our defensive offense comes off the rush.

BTW, your "system" is what 99% of teams do 99% of the time. Its like saying Gretzky only got assists because of a system where he goes behind the net and passes the puck to an open man. Its idiocy.

Old
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Seems to me if he's one guy that scores in the system, you certainly can't deal him.

4.5 per for 4 years? Yeah I probably would. It depends what I have to give to keep Lundqvist, Tyutin, Girardi and Avery. But 4.5 for Rozsival? Yep. I get more than that in cap space with Malik and Mara coming off the books.