HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

TV drama about hockey

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 08:29 PM
nathan

vCash: 500
TV drama about hockey

OK, not sure where this would go, but just an FYI. Something like this does exist!

Show is called Pride. It is a Japanese drama (more info here) I believe the main character is one of the top actors in Japan. He plays the captain for a team called the Blue Scorpions. I believe based on cliche, they will win the championship or runner-up at the end. They even play Queen's We Will Rock You in the show too!!!

I do find it pretty crazy that a show with a plotline is made based on hockey (of all sports) and from japan (of all countries). I wonder if Canada has anything like this?

Here's some pictures. Notice a familiar looking jersey-likeness?

Old
01-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Tyler

There was a show on CTV a few years ago if I can remember about a hockey team from Hamilton... I cant remember what it was called though, but I believe it was a sort of hockey drama

Old
01-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
There was a show on CTV a few years ago if I can remember about a hockey team from Hamilton... I cant remember what it was called though, but I believe it was a sort of hockey drama
It was call Power-Play or something like that.
Hockey drama is an old concept here in Québec.
The show "Lance et Compte" (shoot and score) is a franchise in Québec tv.
It first began to play in 1986. It showed the story of hockey players playing for the Québec National. We followed the life on and off the ice of major hockey stars, rookies, coaches, gm and everything around it. The first season was followed with two other different years revolving around a world tournament, soviet players coming to America, drugs, sex, politics of sports and a lot of other subjects.
The show was back a couple of years after a hiatus with mini-films about the different characters. It was brought back once again last year and we now see the same players (and the same actors, wich is cool) in their life after hockey (player agents, coach, gm, restaurant owner, etc...) and we also see a new generation of players.
This show is great for hockey fans. It is written by columnist Réjean Tremblay who also wrote a mini-serie call "Le Masque" (the mask) about 5 or 6 years ago. It was basically about Patrick Roy and his time in Montréal.

Old
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler

I watched that once but it was on like at 4pm on saturdays i think during hockey night in canada but on some other dumb channel.... not about to pass up a game for a soap opera!

Old
01-21-2004, 01:52 AM
chicpea*

Lance et Compte!!! He SHoots He Scores (for us English Canadians old enough to remember it). The show was awesome! I always thought: only in Canada would there be a soap opera about hockey; apparently Japan is much like us. Good! It must be the Dave King influence.

Last edited by chicpea: 01-21-2004 at 02:30 AM.
Old
01-21-2004, 06:25 AM
NJD Jester

Send a message via Yahoo to NJD Jester
Does anyone remember a TV movie called "The Rookies" about hockey that was on HBO about a decade ago? I always thought that could be a series...

Closed Thread