HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Who do you want Mac to play with?

Old
12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
General Veers

vCash: 500
Who do you want Mac to play with?

AM says he's playing with Kariya and Boyes this Sunday vs. Calgary. I have no problem with this, clearly Andy and Paul have a history. However, I would like to see him centering Perron and either Backes or Stemps. Either way, we should have an extremely balanced attack!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Coins

I'd like to see him playing with Selanne.

Coins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coins View Post
I'd like to see him playing with Selanne.

I agree! I'd like to see him on a Blues' line with Selanne and Kariya. But, I doubt that that will happen.

So, as a 2nd choice, I'd like to see Tkachuk back with Kariya and Boyes, and MacDonald with Perron and Stempniak.

Then line #3 would have McClement centre Backes and Rucinsky (all good on defence, and yet can score, too).

And line 4 would get back Mayers, with RJ and Hinote/King.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

I really don't think that you can put a line of MacD, Perron and Stemp on a line. That line is just entirely too small. Now, you might be asking how a line of PK, MacD and Boyes would be big enough. They really wouldn't be, but the difference is that they all can carry the puck and spread out the d very well. Where Perron can do these very well, he gets knocked off of the puck fairly easily. Stemp is not that great of a puck carrier and is more of a sniping type player, you don't want the puck on his stick, ideally, unless he is shooting it. Just don't think that line would create enough space to work in IMHO.

Personally here would be my lines:
PK-MacD-Boyes
Ruchinsky-TK-Perron
The kid line

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Adam91

with Perron? but that would mean he would have to get more then 1 shift in the 3rd period....

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I really don't think that you can put a line of MacD, Perron and Stemp on a line. That line is just entirely too small. Now, you might be asking how a line of PK, MacD and Boyes would be big enough. They really wouldn't be, but the difference is that they all can carry the puck and spread out the d very well. Where Perron can do these very well, he gets knocked off of the puck fairly easily. Stemp is not that great of a puck carrier and is more of a sniping type player, you don't want the puck on his stick, ideally, unless he is shooting it. Just don't think that line would create enough space to work in IMHO.

Personally here would be my lines:
PK-MacD-Boyes
Ruchinsky-TK-Perron
The kid line
hmmm... Now that you mention it, Mac Per Stemp does look better as a 2nd PP unit rather than a set line.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Mac will end up playing with Stempy eventually.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Who would MacD and Stemp play with if they were on a line? Backes? I just really think they need a big guy if they are playing together. Plus if this happens then you have to put Perron on the 3rd. Thats not something I would do with him. He needs to play with some top line players to be most effective.

DarthVTEC, I think that combo would be great on the 2nd PP....good call.

P.S. how well does MacD forecheck?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I would like this.

Kariya-AndyMc-Boyes speed line with two fantastic shooting wingers

Stempniak-TK-Backes Alot of battling in front of the net will happin with Backes and TK together, stempniak is actually at his best when tapping in rebounds and capitalizing on any openings (that backes and TK create, I would LOVE this line to be put together

Rucinsky-McClement-Perron perron is actually great at creating his own chances, put that with rucinsky and Mcclements already good passing and backchecking game I feel we get a great 3rd line here, also if this line was used sparingly (which it sould be) Perron would be more fresh for the important pp where we need him and JayMc would be more fresh for the impoartnat pk where we really need him.specail teams is more important now then ever and we sould be prepared for that.

King/MJ-RJ-Mayers Clear shutdown line Use sparingly also so that RJ and Mayers are ready for the pk. Mayers sould jump onto to other lines here and there to keep the other team on there toes, and to hold leads in tight games.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Who would MacD and Stemp play with if they were on a line? Backes? I just really think they need a big guy if they are playing together. Plus if this happens then you have to put Perron on the 3rd. Thats not something I would do with him. He needs to play with some top line players to be most effective.

DarthVTEC, I think that combo would be great on the 2nd PP....good call.

P.S. how well does MacD forecheck?
MacD gets back. He's quick.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Wes McSnipes*

I think Murray will start off like this:

Kariya-Andy Mac-Boyes
Perron-Tkachuk-Stempy
Rucinsky-J McClement-Backes
King-RJ-Mayers

I'm fine with that, because McDonald would do great with Kariya and Boyes.

But here's what I'd like to see:

Kariya-Tkachuk-Boyes
Perron-McDonald-Stempniak
Rucinsky-McClement-Backes
King-RJ-Mayers

Put Tkachuk back on the top line. He did great there, and he was putting up points. Then when he got moved, he cooled down a little. I just really like him with Kariya and Boyes. KT is not a stick-handler, so he just needs to crash the net while Kariya and Boyes take care of that. They will get Tkachuk going again.

I think that 2nd line would be good. Perron will flourish with Andy McDonald at center. McDonald is quick, and he can shoot AND pass, so he will do well with Perron. Similar types of players, and I think it'd be good for Perron's development to have a guy like Andy centering him. Stempniak has been heating up, and McDonald will just make him better. Playing with McDonald will be a lot better for Lee than playing with Weight or McClement.

Then you have the 3rd line that can pitch in some goals.
And of course the grinders.

I really like the look of that offense.

Wes McSnipes* is offline   Reply With Quote