HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Simon

Old
12-16-2007, 10:54 AM
303Joe

vCash: 500
The guy is a classless piece of trash and should be out of the league. I didn't want him on the team last year certainly didn't want him after Hollweg fiasco. Needless to say I wasn't happy when they resigned him and you pretty much know what I think of him after last night cowardly move. Hopefully the Isles just bring up Bootland from the minors to handle any fighting duties and the regular 4th line duty. He's faster than Simon and given the chance I'm pretty sure c an put up more points the Simon. The Isles need 1 forward that can atleast fight if called upon. Jackman is up but the guy is a human punching bag. There was no supporting Simon after the Hollweg incident and there is no supporting him know after kicking a guy.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Ted Nolan's comments after the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIT6Wk8SnHw

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
RFAN

Well that was as dumb a play as he could have done... probably another big suspension. However that second video shows he hit the skate and not the ankle, so Rutuu did act it up as usual... Still no excuse though!

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
simon's excuse? roid rage?

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 11:51 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post

lmfao!!

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 11:56 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergnemi View Post
simon's excuse? roid rage?
Maybe.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 12:50 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Marcus Vick

He pulled a Marcus Vick move. Im so glad they lost the game.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Stoney La Rock

I'm not going to use this incident as an excuse to bash the Isles fans. I don't think they care for Simon any more than we do at this point. I do hope, however, that the Isles' organization does something about the guy before he winds up really hurting someone. Anyone who has such a blatant lack of judgment and such a huge disregard for the well-being of other players doesn't belong on the ice.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:

you are pretty much my hero

Old
12-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM
MTK

He needs to be banned from the NHL. I hope we do part ways with him.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
TheMetalChick*

Quote:

Ted was of course asked but did not comment on Chris at all (he wanted to watch it and see for himself what happened) so your joke doesnt really work. I guess anything to take a stab, huh?

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChick View Post
Ted was of course asked but did not comment on Chris at all (he wanted to watch it and see for himself what happened) so your joke doesnt really work. I guess anything to take a stab, huh?
oh I get it ha yea thats funny

Old
12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

30 games

Old
12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
eco's bones

The problem with 30 games is Simon just doesn't seem to be getting it. I'm not sure which is the most atrocious attack--the one on Hollweg or the one on the Ruuttu but both acts were deliberate attempts to seriously injure someone and both are cases where you could hardly blame the victim if he took Simon to court. Now I don't like Ruuttu at all and I'm sure there is a lot of feeling out there about Hollweg but both these attacks by Simon which follow fairly close together went way way over the line and I think the least that Campbell should have done is suspend him for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
DutchShamrock

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Quote:
"It's excessive," Nolan said Wednesday after the Islanders skated before that night's game against the Buffalo Sabres. "What I think has no bearing on the facts. The league suspended him ... now we have to support Chris while he goes through this process and give him all the compassion and all the support we can give him as an organization."
Usually I don't comment on Nolan's statements just because I'll come off as biased as a Ranger fan and in general it doesn't add to the conversation. But this guy is really getting to me at this point. It's not a big statement and it's not over the top, but when will this guy ever stop acting like a martyr. Everything is too harsh for his team and the incident is always blown out of proportion. He'll never admit that these acts are disgusting and need this punishment to eliminate them from the game. These little snide comments are getting under my skin. Probably an overreaction by me, but this is just another example of his attitude.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
DutchShamrock

Just looking around the net at articles and comments by fans... it seems nearly unanimous that everyone feels this suspension falls terribly short of expectations. Campbell had a chance to redeem the sport to the mainstream. When this news hits the mainstream media we'll again see the Hollweg incident in addition to the latest infraction. It will only reaffirm the public's perception that this league is a joke. Campbell basically had carte-blanche to punish Simon and to make a big statement. He should have at least matched McSorley's suspension and he should have banned him indefinitely until the league reinstates him. This is a failure by Campbell. No one would have complained that any punishment was too harsh.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Karan

To quote an Islanders' moderator -

Quote:
It is Chris Simon...the guy who JUST FINISHED serving a 20+ game suspension for swinging his stick at another player's head. Obviously that suspension didn't teach him anything and didn't rehabilitate his on-ice behavior, at all.
The guy commit's yet another intent to injure and gets only 5 games more than what he did for the Hollweg incident? What kind of pointless message is Campbell trying to send with this?

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post

Usually I don't comment on Nolan's statements just because I'll come off as biased as a Ranger fan and in general it doesn't add to the conversation. But this guy is really getting to me at this point. It's not a big statement and it's not over the top, but when will this guy ever stop acting like a martyr. Everything is too harsh for his team and the incident is always blown out of proportion. He'll never admit that these acts are disgusting and need this punishment to eliminate them from the game. These little snide comments are getting under my skin. Probably an overreaction by me, but this is just another example of his attitude.
Don't forget that Nolan and Simon are close, so one had to think that no matter what the length was Nolan wasn't going to like it. He didn't like the suspension last season so I knew this was coming. As much as I respect him for what he has been able to do with what he has, he is so blind that its laughable.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Don't forget that Nolan and Simon are close, so one had to think that no matter what the length was Nolan wasn't going to like it.
Yeah wasn't Nolan (his coach at the time as well) the one who originally came to Simon's aide when he was a youngster, with a heavy drinking problem? I think Nolan and Simon's father come from the same heritage as well...

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post

I agree with you. I don't think the suspension was excessive at all. I know some people wanted more, and I can't argue with that. initially I thought maybe 50 games, but he got 30. It is a lot of games, actually the NHL record (dubious one at that). I think 30 gamnes is a fair amount and IMO I don't think he will ever play in the NHL again, but you never know with Wang and Nolan.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
dynamoovechkin

Simon's a blight on the sport at this point. Colin Campbell missed the chance to send a clear message about blatant intent to injure. WTF? The game was already decided, the stomp was not it retaliation to a hit, dirty or otherwise. It was just not a hockey play- totally unrelated to the game.

And now word is that Simon is going to appeal? Who does this hurt? The Isles don't need a useless piece of crap like Simon hogging up a roster spot. Here's hoping the Isles do the right thing and not insert this guy back into their lineup once the suspension is over.

In related news, The Philadelphia Flyers, feeling upstaged and green with envy are currently trying to swing a trade for Simon, in order to corner the market on braindead moron hockey players.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChick View Post
yeah. because everyone knows or cares. that was pure comedy. cry somewhere else.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranB View Post
Yeah wasn't Nolan (his coach at the time as well) the one who originally came to Simon's aide when he was a youngster, with a heavy drinking problem? I think Nolan and Simon's father come from the same heritage as well...
I do remember hearing that Simon credits Nolan with "saving his life". I'm not 100% sure if that is the incident or not honestly.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:19 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
Simon's a blight on the sport at this point. Colin Campbell missed the chance to send a clear message about blatant intent to injure. WTF? The game was already decided, the stomp was not it retaliation to a hit, dirty or otherwise. It was just not a hockey play- totally unrelated to the game.

And now word is that Simon is going to appeal? Who does this hurt? The Isles don't need a useless piece of crap like Simon hogging up a roster spot. Here's hoping the Isles do the right thing and not insert this guy back into their lineup once the suspension is over.

In related news, The Philadelphia Flyers, feeling upstaged and green with envy are currently trying to swing a trade for Simon, in order to corner the market on braindead moron hockey players.
I can't believe that. Just take the consequences and get the help you need Chris. Why appeal, it ain't gonna change anything and if anything it makes him and the org. look bad, IMO.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote