HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lawrence Nycholat

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2004, 11:00 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Lawrence Nycholat

Wow Is it me, I think Nycholat reminds me of Mathieau Schneider, doesnt he??

Old
01-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
yeah i could see the resemblance as a poor man's version of.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Schneider is an NHL defenseman. Nycholat is not.

01-21-2004, 08:09 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

I meant the style of play. Nycholat is a small dman like Schneider who will go up ice with the puck and lead the rush. Nycholat is also a dman who made some big hits for a guy his size, I remember Schneider doing that when he was here.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:03 AM
TXNYR

I don't know how you think of Shneider when watching Nycholat.

What an awful, awful, debut. I actually felt embarassed for him.

The guy can't skate and he's small. Look, I don't expect a great performance from a player's NHL debut, but he stunk last night.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNYR
I don't know how you think of Shneider when watching Nycholat.

What an awful, awful, debut. I actually felt embarassed for him.

The guy can't skate and he's small. Look, I don't expect a great performance from a player's NHL debut, but he stunk last night.
I wasn't at all impressed with Nycholat last night but what the hell is Sather doing playing this guy on the poin in his NHL debut? The team has Malakhov, Bouchard, Kovalev, and Carter who have all played on the point. What is Nycholat doing out there in the first place?

Old
01-21-2004, 10:22 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Maybe the AHL version. How can you say anything positive about him after last night's game? He absolutely sucked.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Fish

There was one aspect of Nycholat's game that I really did like and that was his confidence with the puck. He seldom made a soft pass and was quick with his decision making...he made some mistakes, but this was his first NHL game against a hot opposition on a team in turmoil...I'd be willing to give him another shot.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'd say the kid was pretty much thrown to the wolves last night yet, still made some pretty good plays in addition to his obvious mistakes. You'd be hard pressed to see ANYONE make an impressive debut under the same circumstances.

I've got a real problem with the way Nycholat was brought up. We've had a chance to get to see a few forwards for 1, 2 or 3 gams stints. Moore, McDonald, Wiseman, etc. We know what they're capable of at this level when we need them. WHy is it that Tjutin, Lampman and Nycholat couldn't have replaced Popo or Malacough for 2 games to make the same assssment and let them aclimatize when everyone's back isn't against the wall. Putting Lawrence at the point for the most inept PP in the league hangs a lot of responsibility on rookie in his NHL debut. A lot more than should be hung on him in such a desperation game.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I'd say the kid was pretty much thrown to the wolves last night yet, still made some pretty good plays in addition to his obvious mistakes. You'd be hard pressed to see ANYONE make an impressive debut under the same circumstances.

I've got a real problem with the way Nycholat was brought up. We've had a chance to get to see a few forwards for 1, 2 or 3 gams stints. Moore, McDonald, Wiseman, etc. We know what they're capable of at this level when we need them. WHy is it that Tjutin, Lampman and Nycholat couldn't have replaced Popo or Malacough for 2 games to make the same assssment and let them aclimatize when everyone's back isn't against the wall. Putting Lawrence at the point for the most inept PP in the league hangs a lot of responsibility on rookie in his NHL debut. A lot more than should be hung on him in such a desperation game.
I think in a way you answered your own question here. Given the Rangers poor play on the blueline, any kid is going to be under far more scrutiny than a 4th line forward. In addition the forwards have been brought up to cover for injured players, while we've been pretty solid on defense (health wise) up until very recently.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Davisian

BTW- Good to see you around Fish..

Been busy with OTG, or just don't like us anymore??!!!

I know.. All of the above!

Old
01-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
BTW- Good to see you around Fish..

Been busy with OTG, or just don't like us anymore??!!!

I know.. All of the above!
Busy with work and hockey mostly. Been working in Harrisburg (4 hours of commuting each day) and kind of goaltending coach for a women's hockey team...have not had the free time I once had

Old
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Janerixon

I dont know Nycholat certainly wasnt good last nite but i cant say that he was any worse than bouchard who was just plain awful after the first period

Nycholat wasnt the worst skater weve had back there either, he has better wheels than purinton and his skating didnt drive me crazy like ulanov and karpa did

i just feel as was already mentioned he was
a) thrown to the wolves
b) played on the top pair which was a HUGE MISTAKE especially to play him with leetch who is going to rush the puck
c) given too much time

would it have really killed us to dress 7 defensemen last nite and scratched hlavac or d-lac? i dont think so

as for pairs i wish we tried this
leetch-purinton
malakhov-bouchard
nycholat-mironov
have lampman as the extra that way we dont overuse a sick bobo, an ailing bouchard and malakhov and just overuse leetch in general

lets hope we dress 7 d-men for filthy, especially since i wont be shocked to see dale fight and sit in the box for a while

Closed Thread