HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Simon Gagne

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Dragon

vCash: 500
Simon Gagne

Do you still want him a Hab?

Old
01-21-2004, 11:06 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Is this a trick question? Of course I do...

Old
01-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Lewis63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
sure why not?
I don't want because he is a québécois, but because he's fast and has great hockey vision. He's in a slump right now but so is Bertuzzi. Everyone has their ups and downs. But to get you must give and why would the FLyers trade away another young player (after dealing williams).

Old
01-21-2004, 11:08 AM
HABitude

Yeah, sure, but it depends on what we give in return.

I'll do Hossa for Gagné any time, to bad I guess Xmas is over.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:09 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

because of snafu kungfu's monster hit on vandermeer we now need another defenceman. so i guess gagne is yours for a blueliner.

later,
dutch

Old
01-21-2004, 11:19 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch
because of snafu kungfu's monster hit on vandermeer we now need another defenceman. so i guess gagne is yours for a blueliner.

later,
dutch
That was a nice hit

Old
01-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Of course! IMO, Bulis has proven that he isn't 1st line material. He is a good 3rd line forechecker who can chip in offensively now and then, but I think BG could start looking for someone to fill that spot.

Although I'd rather wait for our youngsters to graduate. I really like the fact that 3 of our our top 6 were drafted by the Habs.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Of course! IMO, Bulis has proven that he isn't 1st line material. He is a good 3rd line forechecker who can chip in offensively now and then, but I think BG could start looking for someone to fill that spot.
Replacing Bulis with Gagne would be ideal. Gagne is good defensively, has a lot of speed and some sweet moves. He would be nearly as good defensively and much better offensively than Bulis IMO.

But we would have to give up something. He wouldn't come free. Unless we get a no brainer deal like Hossa for good top 6 forward I don't see Gainey trading assets for one. Anyway I feel good about the habs top 6. I think if changes need to be made (assuming Dagenais or Bulis slump offensively or if we get injuries) they will come from within. We have 2 guys that could be worthy of a call up in Balej and Plekanec.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Replacing Bulis with Gagne would be ideal. Gagne is good defensively, has a lot of speed and some sweet moves. He would be nearly as good defensively and much better offensively than Bulis IMO.

But we would have to give up something. He wouldn't come free. Unless we get a no brainer deal like Hossa for good top 6 forward I don't see Gainey trading assets for one. Anyway I feel good about the habs top 6. I think if changes need to be made (assuming Dagenais or Bulis slump offensively or if we get injuries) they will come from within. We have 2 guys that could be worthy of a call up in Balej and Plekanec.

I'd rather have Bulis over Gagne anyday! Bulis is a much better two way player and Gagne will only produce if he's given the puck, meaning he can't dig it out of the corners or win a battle along the boards! Also ever since is injury he's done jack ****...this is more then a slump he's playing scared and doesn't seem have that extra step since the injury

Old
01-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Corey

Mats, Ken Hitchcock wouldn't agree with you. He thinks Gagne is his type of player, and Hitchcock has his criteria. Bulis is a very useful player to have, but Gagne offers more.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution

Agreed. Gagne-Koivu-Ryder would be a line to be reckoned with. I would be highly surprised, however, if Gainey traded a defenseman for him (which is what the Flyers would probably want) while we're doing so well. I don't think we'll see any big deals until we start to slump again (and by slump I don't mean "lose 1 game"). I expect to see a deadline deal for a prospect and/or a pick to give us some extra grit going into the playoffs, but not much more than that.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:12 PM
habitants9_4

Bulis would fit in nicely with Handzus.
Kapanen Comrie Recchi
Leclair Roenick Amonte
Brasheare Primeau Hossa
Bulis Handzus Somik
Markov Markov
Pitkanen Ragnarsson
Weinrich Desjardins
Vandermeer Seidenberg
Esche
Hackett

Bulis, Markov and Hossa
for
Gagne, K.Johnson And Drozdetsky

The only reason why I would do this is because Johnson is solid, and a top 4. Meanwhile we get a top line player for years to come. Markov and Bulis and Hossa are a lot to give, but IMO it would prove to be worthwhile.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Lewis63

[QUOTE=habitants9_4]
Bulis, Markov and Hossa
for
Gagne, K.Johnson And Drozdetsky
[QUOTE]

No! Markov stays he in montreal

Last edited by Lewis63: 01-21-2004 at 12:20 PM. Reason: inserted the quote
Old
01-21-2004, 12:36 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch

later,
dutch

LMAO ....Oh my god!!!! Snafu Kungfu....too funny!!!!!

Old
01-21-2004, 12:39 PM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
guess what

we are winning

why trade unless it is to get rid of "Perrault and the Deadwoods"

Closed Thread