HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dvorak

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 01:24 AM
KFO

vCash: 500
Dvorak

Is it just me, or has Dvoraks ice time been cut over the past few games? He played just 12 minutes tonite, including 30 seconds on the powerplay. Not enough for a player with his skill in my opinion.

Perhaps instead of playing 2 centers and a player who can double as a center on one powerplay unit ( the Oates, York, Smyth unit) and plopping Horcoff on the 2nd unit, MacT and co. should be playing our skill players at times when skill can shine.

I know the powerplay issue has been beaten like a dead horse around here but i just needed to chime in after pondering the Dvorak issue.

Old
01-21-2004, 01:29 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Upon studying ice teams for every team there is no team that has more fluctuations in ice time that are not injury or penalty minute related. The swings are unbelievable and Dvorak should be getting more than 12 minutes when he is on his game{ which has been most} McTavish seems to grasp at straws on a nightly basis. I agree with Hemskyfan when he asks why the hell oates is not taking D zone draws. he provides little more than faceoff ability.

Old
01-21-2004, 01:32 AM
KFO

Oates provides more than faceoff ability. You can see the skill is still there, he just hasnt caught up to the game yet, the time off really hurt him.
At the same time, yes, he should be taking defencive zone faceoffs, in fact he should be taking the draw anytime he is on the ice. Smyth took the draw on at least 2 offensive zone faceoffs tonite with Oates on the ice, just plain boggles my mind.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:43 AM
oh_canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94forlife
Is it just me, or has Dvoraks ice time been cut over the past few games? He played just 12 minutes tonite, including 30 seconds on the powerplay. Not enough for a player with his skill in my opinion.

Perhaps instead of playing 2 centers and a player who can double as a center on one powerplay unit ( the Oates, York, Smyth unit) and plopping Horcoff on the 2nd unit, MacT and co. should be playing our skill players at times when skill can shine.

I know the powerplay issue has been beaten like a dead horse around here but i just needed to chime in after pondering the Dvorak issue.

I have noticed this as well and am a bit confused about it????
He is one of the best players on the oilers at retrieving dump ins and is obviously the second best forward on the oilers right now.

Closed Thread