HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OFFICIAL GDT: Coyotes At Rangers 12/16 *5 PM Start On CH My9*

Old
12-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
For what its worth, and I know you guys got spanked by them.... but they beat the Devils pretty soundly the day before. Phoenix is a much better team this year. At least you got one goal past Bryz... we barely got one past Telqvist

I didn't watch much of it, but did you guys have a lot of penalties? The Devils might have lost that game cause of all their penalties. I'm not trying to say the refs were bad... but more along the lines that Phoenix is tough to handle at times. I saw Gomez' penalty, which made me think of this

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
One wierd thing last nite. A good portion of the crowd got up in left with 11 minutes left in the 2nd, everyone knew there would be no comeback.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:27 AM
chosen

Looks like the kids on Phoenix are better than the kids on the Rangers. How can this be? Everyone has been telling me how great the Rangers young talent is? Phoenix must be the new coming center of the hockey universe.

For all of the crying about Jagr, wait until he's gone and we replace him with ?????????

Then subtract Shanahan and Straka and the offense will come from ????????

For those bashing Malik for this game, he outplayed Girardi, which I know isn't saying very much. If Malik had made the pass that caused a breakaway goal he would have been lynched. Giradi was even praised by some in this thread as playing well against Phoenix. Geez.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
For those bashing Malik for this game, he outplayed Girardi, which I know isn't saying very much. If Malik had made the pass that caused a breakaway goal he would have been lynched. Giradi was even praised by some in this thread as playing well against Phoenix. Geez.
I love people like you post come here only to tell us how much they hate posting here, rarely if ever rooting their "points" in fact or reality, only trying to perpetuate some kind of myth about opinions expressed here.

Just a few examples that I found a 10 second scan of a single page to prove that you don't even read these threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Girardi continues to struggle. He needs to go back to keeping it simple. Getting fancy is costing him
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Girardi....BAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranB View Post
Wow that was sloppy as heck, nice work Dan.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I love people like you post come here only to tell us how much they hate posting here, rarely if ever rooting their "points" in fact or reality, only trying to perpetuate some kind of myth about opinions expressed here.

Just a few examples that I found a 10 second scan of a single page to prove that you don't even read these threads...
I love how you accuse me of flaming while you just flamed me and without any accuracy, to boot. Give yourself 5 points.

Please point to where I said I hate posting here. You can't. It's you that are creating fiction out of thin air here. You just don't like me, which is fine. You've made that clear before. I'm not particularly fond of you either. No big deal.

I never said that no one said Girardi had a poor game. I said that SOME praised him. You misread what I wrote because of your personal agenda.

If you can't find posts in this thread praising Girardi's performance against Phoenix it's you that doesn't bother even reading the threads you supposedly moderate.

Old
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
cityhockeyfever

Should this loss have been to conference rival and especially to an Atlantic Division foe, I would have been incensed. Quite so. You guys remember how I felt when the Rangers lost to the friggin' Islanders in the third meeting. Since I also follow the Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild regularly out west, in last night's case and if a loss happens Thursday, it won't make me as upset as it usually would for me.

We first praised how great the Rangers' defense has been this season (sometimes #1 or in the top five), yet this is starting to sound like the pre-lockout years of overpaid, underproducing established stars during the playoff drought. All that hype of being a Stanley Cup contender is now to me an absolute joke. There is no way in hell this team is one. At 16-16 on the season, this is beyond disappointing.

The one thing I really don't get is that nobody is giving the Coyotes any respect, yet their record now (15-16) is just one win less than the Rangers. People think they're bottom feeders, yet I tend to wonder if the Rangers players, not the coaching staff took Phoenix too damn lightly. I guess some didn't realize the Coyotes defeated the Devils the previous day, did they?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Coyotes and as a fan, it's great to see they're doing well of late. But how this game went down was not exactly what I wanted to see happen. Either way, you have to give Phoenix credit where it is due, guys. They played a great game on their side and left their hearts out on the ice. Wayne Gretzky got them prepared knowing they were facing a highly-talented team as a test to see how well the can fare against the Rangers. But after that second goal, the Rangers crumbled. Simple as that.

From what I've been reading at various forums, the atmosphere at the Garden tells me two things. One, they're frustrated and two, at times are just too clueless in who they should be focusing it on. Yeah, Marek Malik has not been good. Neither have a number of other players. Yet my fellow fans always seem to target a defenseman and use him as a scapegoat. Remember Tom Poti? How about Bruce Driver? Same thing. Maybe the fans should start booing other players simply not getting it done like Jaromir Jagr? Gee, maybe they're afraid they'll look worse than they do already by booing the supposed captain of this team? And if Jagr is mailing it in, then he needs to go at season's end. Don't expect the Rangers to go far this season if Jagr continues to sulk and do whatever that indicates he's not a happy camper AND if others paid a lot of money don't produce as they're supposed to.

And while people are so easily putting the blame on Tom Renney, who out there that is available can do a better job than him right now? These "fire Renney" outbursts are remarkable. God forbid a handful of bad games qualifies for his dismissal. Gretzky's taking his lumps in Phoenix, yet now we might be finally seeing them turn the corner and Coyotes management's patience is paying off.

Here's one thing Rangers fans can do. I know it might sound strange considering the team they lost to last night, but here's a positive way to focus your energy on as we enter tomorrow... root for the Coyotes to go into Philadelphia and take care of the Flyers. If Phoenix does that, most of us won't feel so slighted because the Rangers lost to a team that not enough know about or enough about.

It's good to see that amongst us here, those that visited the Coyotes board showed a lot of respect and for their team. I give kudos to you all for that.

In any event, it's too early to give up on this season, but if this trend continues (spiraling farther from losing 5 of their last 6), it's going to get ugly. All that promise the Rangers had going into this season will be gone.

Last edited by cityhockeyfever: 12-17-2007 at 02:30 PM.
cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Fletch

I'd hope...

that if Straka was gone, Chosen, that the Rangers could find 8 points in 17 games from a winger on the top line, as well as a point guy on the PP. First, you can replace him with Mara on the point. Finding 6 ES points through 17 games on Jagr's line may not be too difficult either considering this team is 5-12 with Straka in the lineup (11-4 without).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
shoothepuck

It's still hard to figure out why this team made little effort to try and win this game on home ice. They seem to be sleepwalking.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

i've been ignoring him for a year now. he's an idiot. and the sole reason i ignore him is always sucking on malik's balls about something, whether its to defend him or argue with people who disagree with him. this has been going on for a year now.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:48 PM
ower

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Rangers board is a bad place to be after horrible/blowout losses.
heh.. I wouldn't know.. It was pretty much Status Quo and to be expected as a Phoenix Fan.

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I am pissed at Renney. We deserved to see a backup goalie after being down 3-0. So pissed I waisted my time going to the garden.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 06:37 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i've been ignoring him for a year now. he's an idiot. and the sole reason i ignore him is always sucking on malik's balls about something, whether its to defend him or argue with people who disagree with him. this has been going on for a year now.
I take a different viewpoint on a player and your response is that?

I have no problem being disliked by people who I don't like or respect.

Last edited by chosen: 12-18-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old
12-18-2007, 06:53 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that if Straka was gone, Chosen, that the Rangers could find 8 points in 17 games from a winger on the top line, as well as a point guy on the PP. First, you can replace him with Mara on the point. Finding 6 ES points through 17 games on Jagr's line may not be too difficult either considering this team is 5-12 with Straka in the lineup (11-4 without).
Straka is our most effective heart player and those are difficult to replace. I wasn't a big fan before he came here but he never quits, has offensive skills, defensive skills and is good in a big spot. He is an effective version of Prucha.

Last edited by chosen: 12-18-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old
12-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Straka is our most effective heart player and those are difficult to replace.
Not just in heart, he just does everything right, why would Straka go anywhere?

Mara isn't an upgrade over Straka on the point either, he's having a bit of trouble but so is everyone, at least Straka is making up for it by

1) His great defense.
2) His enormous heart of play.
3) If he wasn't playing, Jagr would be even worse, do we need that?

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Fletch

I don't mind heart players...

and I've always been a big fan of Straka because he just keeps going, but, perhaps he doesn't belong on the PP, and perhaps he's not a winger who should get so much even strength ice time. Further, perhaps some of that lost ice time can be used on the PP to reduce Shanny's and Drury's PK ice time.

Bruno - why would Jagr be even worse without Straka in the lineup? The only evidence we have of the Rangers' record with Straka out of the lineup is their actual record: 11-4 without and 5-12 with. Now I do think there's more that goes into that stat, but for now, that's all I have regarding Straka in the lineup vs. out of the lineup, this season. In the last 10 games, Straka has five points and Jagr has five points - extrapolate that to mean 41 points for each over an 82 game season. Could it really get worse that what it is currently with Straka out of the lineup?

Last edited by Fletch: 12-18-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and I've always been a big fan of Straka because he just keeps going, but, perhaps he doesn't belong on the PP, and perhaps he's not a winger who should get so much even strength ice time. Further, perhaps some of that lost ice time can be used on the PP to reduce Shanny's and Drury's PK ice time.

Bruno - why would Jagr be even worse without Straka in the lineup? The only evidence we have of the Rangers' record with Straka out of the lineup is their actual record: 11-4 without and 5-12 with. Now I do think there's more that goes into that stat, but for now, that's all I have regarding Straka in the lineup vs. out of the lineup, this season. In the last 10 games, Straka has five points and Jagr has five points - extrapolate that to mean 41 points for each over an 82 game season. Could it really get worse that what it is currently with Straka out of the lineup?
That stat shows something, yes, but I think we all can see that the first shift of the first game Straka was back with Jagr, Jagr was flying out there, and it just seems Jagr tries harder when Straka's around.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 06:58 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
...is always sucking on malik's balls about something...

Old
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
in the hall

Quote:
?

llll

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote