HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei AND Sergei Kostitsyn VS Zach Parise

View Poll Results: Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn VS Parise?
Sergei and Andrei Kosts 169 61.45%
Parise in a HAB jersey (but, Sergei and Andrei are now with New Jersey) 106 38.55%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
  #101
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy View Post
haha What is all this stuff about Leclair and Komisarek your throwing at me. The debate is about the Kostitsyn brothers and Parise if you havent forgotten. Anyways i said what i had to say. Fact is is Zach Parise is better than the two of them put together. He will be now, tommorow, and yes in 5 years down the road i WOULD take zach parise as our no 1 center and drop the kostitsyn boys. I dont understand these boards and the crush everyone has on them.
I am agreeing with you 100% bout today.

But I guess you are too dense to figure out that you can't predict the future.

He may very well still be better than the two of them in five years. How about you wait and see before stating your opinion as fact 5 years from now.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
  #102
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew G View Post
If Lamoriello would also be willing to give Travis Zajac alongside with Zach Parise against Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn, I'd said let's do it. But even thought I'm very high on Parise, I currently like the idea of having both Kostitsyn together on the team and I can't wait for Guy to let them play on the same line. Hope that one of them becomes better than the better Bure brother or the two becomes better than the Sedin's. Hehehe... I can keep on dreaming, but I really think that in the end, these two moh'****ers will become really good hockey players.
Just look at the Sedin brothers in Vancouver. Both were kept and developed there and it took a while before they got to where they are now. Having brothers on the same team does have it's benefits. The point is (and I think you'd agree) we have to be patient with them.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
  #103
Year 101
Registered User
 
Year 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Sergei and Andrei. Let them develop... andrei has yet to play a full season and has shown signs of brilliance where sergei is just starting to get comfortable and is awaiting his first goal. I'd rather have the kost brothers because if they reach there full potential... Go habs Go is all i can say

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 11:57 PM
  #104
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Congrats to Sergei's FIRST nhl goal
And, here's to hoping for many more...






Go Kosts brothers Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
  #105
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I don't blame you. I'm a huuge Parise fan (I also take him in my hockey pools).

But/and...you never know! Maybe just maybe the value of the Kostitsyn brothers (together, not separate) will surpass that of Parise. And, I know that some HAB fans dislike maybes!!



Example (in a couple of years):

Sergei's 50pts+/year + Andrei's 60pts+/year (or vice versa) = 110 pts/year

VERSUS

Parise's 70-80pts+/year


(and I know...you can bring more to the table than just comparing point totals, but that could be a beginning, a way to, of course, somehow measure players' values).

cheers
That's completely flawed. You're comparing 35 minutes of ice-time to 22.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:24 AM
  #106
StizzHabs46
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
You can't really say that Parise would be better than the Kostitsyns because playing in Montreal as a rookie is not easy, IMO you never know how good someone can be with montreal until it happens.

StizzHabs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 07:50 AM
  #107
skyrok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
I'd like to know if this poll is getting split by a generation gap...it seems to me an easy choice but some of, or an awful lot of, the wet behind the ears types here must be voting for Parise without regard to what the Kosti Bros. are about to bring to the table...sit down with your Dads this Christmas ask him how he judges talent and learn something !
Thank goodness Bob is impervious to all !

skyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 08:13 AM
  #108
Nyclaus
Registered User
 
Nyclaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Good Vibes!
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
I don't want to read the whole thread cos me don't like reading personal attack...

People tend to forget that Euros that a little longer pan out in North America.

Just liked to mention this for future analysis.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
  #109
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
You know, there are a lot of idiots at HF, but you're quickly becoming the undisputed champion. For what it's worth, I'm not the one who insists on comparing them. The thread was there, I clicked on it. I'm giving my opinion on whether I'd prefer Parise or the brothers. It's pretty simple.

If the topic of the thread doesn't interest you, why don't you use the two cells you have left in your tiny brain and ignore the subject?

Insults is the favorite weapon of the weak minded.... look at yourself in mirror... I mean you must know what a mirror IS, cuz you seem pretty able to reflect your own shortcommings unto others...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:09 PM
  #110
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
That's completely flawed. You're comparing 35 minutes of ice-time to 22.
Actually it's about 28-30 mins.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
  #111
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKostitsyn47 View Post
Actually it's about 28-30 mins.
He's talking about 2-3 years down the road. Parise doesn't even play 20 minutes a game anyways.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:24 PM
  #112
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
He's talking about 2-3 years down the road. Parise doesn't even play 20 minutes a game anyways.
Uhh yes. Around 19m average, played many 21m+ games.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
  #113
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Uhh yes. Around 19m average, played many 21m+ games.
18:40 is not equal to 20:00. Sorry if somebody told you otherwise.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:33 PM
  #114
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I don't blame you. I'm a huuge Parise fan (I also take him in my hockey pools).

But/and...you never know! Maybe just maybe the value of the Kostitsyn brothers (together, not separate) will surpass that of Parise. And, I know that some HAB fans dislike maybes!!



Example (in a couple of years):

Sergei's 50pts+/year + Andrei's 60pts+/year (or vice versa) = 110 pts/year

VERSUS

Parise's 70-80pts+/year


(and I know...you can bring more to the table than just comparing point totals, but that could be a beginning, a way to, of course, somehow measure players' values).

cheers
Parise is on pace for more then 80 points this year after getting a 30 goal 60 points campain in his 2nd season playing for one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he alone has a higher career point total then both Kostitsyns combined when all's said and done. I also don't think anyone in their right mind would choose the two brothers. Parise gives the Habs a number 1 center for the next 15 years while it also gives them the opportunity to trade one of Koivu or Plekanec for someone who could make up Sergei's "loss" in production. Besides, the Habs could've had both Parise AND S. Kostitsyn.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
  #115
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Parise is on pace for more then 80 points this year after getting a 30 goal 60 points campain in his 2nd season playing for one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he alone has a higher career point total then both Kostitsyns combined when all's said and done. I also don't think anyone in their right mind would choose the two brothers. Parise gives the Habs a number 1 center for the next 15 years while it also gives them the opportunity to trade one of Koivu or Plekanec for someone who could make up Sergei's "loss" in production. Besides, the Habs could've had both Parise AND S. Kostitsyn.
The Habs could have had Parise AND Sergei Kosts...: well...like me, we'll never know for sure, unless you can talk to Savard, Timmins or Gainey and get honest answers
I know I'm bugging you, but I still like to think of it like this...no Andrei, no Sergei!! Parise VS Sergei AND Andrei Kostitsyn, etc...

I have Parise in my pool, and I feel that he is a sure thing every season for 70-85 pts, huuuuuuge fan of his... AND, sooner than later (just MY OPINION) both Andrei and Sergei (combined) can give us more than 100 points. So it's just a matter of time (let Sergei gain more and more experience) and let Andrei hopefully gain consistency and more drive...'cause he definitely has the talent.

One day we may just see this: Sergei AND Andrei Kostitsyn >> Parise

There are some here (not sure if it's me, yet!) who feel that one day Sergei can be as good or better than PArise (or some take Andrei...some were just saying that it's possible).

Anyways...here's to the Kostitsyn brothers

Enjoy the ride!!

What is it? 5 or 6 points in 7 NHL games for Sergei?
Andrei has 10 or 11 pts in 10 games?
A little early, but...great stuff

Cheers

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 04:07 AM
  #116
skyrok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
45.9 % ready to give away the future lol patience is so very underrated these days can you see the signs ? Here it comes...

skyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 06:16 AM
  #117
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrok View Post
45.9 % ready to give away the future lol patience is so very underrated these days can you see the signs ? Here it comes...
Patience is definitely the key word here...

Go Kosts brothers Go!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 06:43 AM
  #118
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 500
It's still up in the air and I don't care how good Parise is playing. It's at the beginning of each player's career. You can't make a decision right now and I'll give you an example of two players drafted at the the same time:

Montreal Canadiens NHL 73 29 35 64
Montreal Canadiens NHL 70 28 27 55
Montreal Canadiens NHL 73 21 35 56
Montreal Canadiens NHL 70 53 66 119

other player 78 28 49 77
other player 77 40 50 90
other player74 24 54 78
other player 80 47 74 121


I removed the years because that would be a dead give away but they played the same years. For the first three years The Montreal fans and press were screaming murder that our management team screwed up and should have drafted the other player. There was even talk of getting rid of the Hab player. Want to know who it was?








Guy Lafleur. The other player was Marcel Dionne.
Now, I'm not saying this is a similar case. All I'm saying is that it's still early. When you can finally make a proper decision, you're four, five years into the the players' careers. Leclair would be another example. You can pick any player drafted right after Leclair and have said we should've gone with him. It took a few years to get going.


Last edited by onice: 01-04-2008 at 06:48 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 06:48 AM
  #119
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Patience is definitely the key word here...

Go Kosts brothers Go!!
The ironic thing is that here we all are, on a message board with a strong interest in the development of young players, yet a number of people struggle with being patient.

The brothers are certainly turning up the performance dial of late. I'm particularly impressed by Sergei, I didn't think he could hold his own in the NHL this soon. Having guys like Koivu and Kovalev to hand are a big help, but credit to Sergei so far. It'll be interesting to look back on this season and see how long the firm (Kostitsyn and Kostitsyn) were able to keep their play/production up. Hopefully they don't suffer much of a dip in form, although that is asking a lot.

And just a quick comment about Andrei's goal last night. He really hammered that puck. But I've seen him fire a puck better (although not from that angle). Hope he continues shooting like that.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
  #120
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Heck maybe Sergei would have gone undrafted without us.
Sergei was drafted by the London Knights as an import just prior to the NHL draft. Given the success he had that year, if he was not drafted in '05 he definitely would have been selected in 06 only much higher than 7th. And it would have had nothing to do with Andrei being a Hab. So given that, why would folks think the Habs only drafted him because of Andrei????

The kid played at the WJC in Dakota prior to the draft so it is not like he was totally off the radar.
PS: The next WJC Tier 2 Sergei was tourney MVP for Belarus. This kid was drafted because somebody spotted talent, not because he had a brother.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
  #121
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
The ironic thing is that here we all are, on a message board with a strong interest in the development of young players, yet a number of people struggle with being patient.

The brothers are certainly turning up the performance dial of late. I'm particularly impressed by Sergei, I didn't think he could hold his own in the NHL this soon. Having guys like Koivu and Kovalev to hand are a big help, but credit to Sergei so far. It'll be interesting to look back on this season and see how long the firm (Kostitsyn and Kostitsyn) were able to keep their play/production up. Hopefully they don't suffer much of a dip in form, although that is asking a lot.

And just a quick comment about Andrei's goal last night. He really hammered that puck. But I've seen him fire a puck better (although not from that angle). Hope he continues shooting like that.

It's kinda the rule of life with the homers around here.

How to spot a homer in a player development thread :

1- They will put a cap on a young player's potential
2- They will be impatient towards underachievers
3- They will be doubtful of overachievers

See ya QuiGon.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
  #122
shredder11
Registered User
 
shredder11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Theres nothing wrong with this thread at all.
I would keep kostys,Its like playing the lottery
You never know what ya gonna get

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
  #123
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrok View Post
45.9 % ready to give away the future lol patience is so very underrated these days can you see the signs ? Here it comes...
Because Parise wouldn't be part of the future? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, as much as the premise of no Andrei, no Sergei. (None at all for you who didn't understand.) Why do people care so much about who's better anyways? Did any of you draft A. Kostitsyn, because you all seem to take it so personally as if you wanted to justify a decision that not only didn't you ever make but had no insight on or any influence in fact. Kostitsyn's a good player who's going to get better, let's leave it at that.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
  #124
vipergtsr404
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Not where I want to be.
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vipergtsr404
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Sergei was drafted by the London Knights as an import just prior to the NHL draft. Given the success he had that year, if he was not drafted in '05 he definitely would have been selected in 06 only much higher than 7th. And it would have had nothing to do with Andrei being a Hab. So given that, why would folks think the Habs only drafted him because of Andrei????

The kid played at the WJC in Dakota prior to the draft so it is not like he was totally off the radar.
PS: The next WJC Tier 2 Sergei was tourney MVP for Belarus. This kid was drafted because somebody spotted talent, not because he had a brother.
IT must have had something to do with the fact Andrei was in our system that our scouts were the ones who spotted the talent and took a chance on it in the 7th round before he exploded onto the scene the way he has. 6 and change rounds and 199 other selections were made before him in 2005 Sure he had talent but at the time it sure seems alot more logical that the habs took him because of the connection as opposed to the potential.

If we hadn't taken him he quite easily would have been undrafted that season.

the gamble surely paid off up till now but it remains to be seen wether or not he really becomes a sure fire NHLer.

if you ask me any guy we get in the 7th round that makes the team this quickly is a definate victory.

vipergtsr404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:11 PM
  #125
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Keep the Kosty bros.....who knows they may become our version of the Sedins!!!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.