HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The first period last night Vs the Flames

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
The first period last night Vs the Flames

The first period was the best hockey I have seen from this team in 2 years. We were physical , jumping on loose pucks and even more important finishing our chances. We held Calgary to 6 shots, shooting 18 ourselves

The second period was essentially one giant powerplay and I think those powerlpays w/o Lubo really killed our momentum. I would like to see this team exert that kind of effort for 3 periods. Not just one. We could really be a force

Old
01-21-2004, 11:39 AM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Compare last night's game with the one in Minnesota that was called "the best game the team has played all year". I think we found a new best game. Even though the PP was horrible the effort caused the Flames to take bad penalties. The team was never backing off like in previous 3 goal lead performances. They might like playing with alead now that they went so long without a decent one. Norton was rippin' all night. Modry must have something other than hockey on his mind he has stunk the last 5 games. Also Luc's play at the blue line started it all. With all his faults he still is valuable. Good game. I wonder if Calgary feels jobbed on the officiating? I think I would, not that the calls that were important weren't for the most part right.

Old
01-21-2004, 11:44 AM
punchy1

Well said, also, the type of penalties the flames took for all but a couple were physical (roughing etc) penalties and we took "trap" type of penalties. (for the most) We had some holding the stick and int calls for the most and it were the oppositve for them. To me, one shows a team tring to control the flow of the game and the other shows a team frustrated with that play.

I suppose to me it means that we played our plan to perfection in that it frustrated the Flames into taking penalties helping us score and eat the clock as well as disrupting thier own plans. Solid game by all. I do feel that Frolov should have gotten a third assist on that goal but no worries. Great game.

Old
01-21-2004, 01:03 PM
guzmania

Army's goal and set up from Luc was the #8 play of the day on ESPN's Sportscenter.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:06 PM
icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
I wonder if Calgary feels jobbed on the officiating? I think I would, not that the calls that were important weren't for the most part right.
From today's Calgary Herald:

The Flames cried foul on the second L.A. goal, arguing Sean Avery had demonstrated unwarranted belligerence in crowding Turek's domain, but referee Shane Heyer ruled the Kings' disturber had been shoved into harm's way by Calgary blue-liner Robyn Regehr.

It was not the last time the Flames would object to the work of Heyer and partner Dave Jackson, who presented the Kings with eight power-play opportunities through 40 minutes to the Flames' three.

"The referees tied us in performance,'' said Sutter.

http://www.canada.com/calgary/sports...9-093C7B934376

Old
01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Army's goal and set up from Luc was the #8 play of the day on ESPN's Sportscenter.
sweet goal! I didn't know Luc still had it in him! haha, go Lucky!

on the penalties, I think with that goal that Lappy scored when Avery fell on top of Turek was NOT goaltender interference. He was pushed by a Flame into the goalie. It's Sean Avery for crying out loud! I thought for sure they were going to wave it off because it was Sean that fell on Turek. I was surprised that they didn't take his reputation into consideration. I thought it was a good non-call (but of course, I am a Kings fan :p)

Old
01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
punchy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
sweet goal! I didn't know Luc still had it in him! haha, go Lucky!

on the penalties, I think with that goal that Lappy scored when Avery fell on top of Turek was NOT goaltender interference. He was pushed by a Flame into the goalie. It's Sean Avery for crying out loud! I thought for sure they were going to wave it off because it was Sean that fell on Turek. I was surprised that they didn't take his reputation into consideration. I thought it was a good non-call (but of course, I am a Kings fan :p)

Grand bit of crack that is. The Flames crying about another running a goalie when they have had players run (corrected, two times) recently had players ejected for contact with opponents goalies AND played about as dirty a game as you can topped by the cheap garbage Green having a free run at Lubo. When Green where on the ice with less than a minute left and us up 3 goals GOD HELP ME I don't know why we didn't send out someone to litterally hand him his head.

Oh well, funny bit that is the FLAMES complaigning about cheap play. I will still be laughing on that one all night.

Last edited by punchy1: 01-21-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Grand bit of crack that is. The Flames crying about another running a goalie when they have had three times recently had players ejected for contact with opponents goalies AND played about as dirty a game as you can topped by the cheap garbage Green having a free run at Lubo. When Green where on the ice with less than a minute left and us up 3 goals GOD HELP ME I don't know why we didn't send out someone to litterally hand him his head.

Oh well, funny bit that is the FLAMES complaigning about cheap play. I will still be laughing on that one all night.
\

The refs were brutal whether you're a Flames fan or a Kings fan. That cross check by Norstrom on Lydman's face went uncalled just after the Kings already had 5 PP's in a row. I'm not one to make up excuses but last night the refs were awful and I don't know how you can defend them. The Kings did not score on the PP but the Flames may have scored a couple more if the refs let them play Even Strength for a couple minutes. Nice to see the Kings win a game because there won't be too many more this year.

What's this about players being ejected for cheap shots on goalies ?? Just shows you know nothing about hockey. Oliwa was kicked out but yesterday the NHL said that the penalty was wrong and rescinded it. What other Flames player was kicked out for cheap shots on goalies ??? Just don't make stuff up, that's all I ask.

And the reason nobody did anything to Green is because nobody could. Avery ???

Old
01-21-2004, 06:35 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
\

The refs were brutal whether you're a Flames fan or a Kings fan. That cross check by Norstrom on Lydman's face went uncalled just after the Kings already had 5 PP's in a row. I'm not one to make up excuses but last night the refs were awful and I don't know how you can defend them. The Kings did not score on the PP but the Flames may have scored a couple more if the refs let them play Even Strength for a couple minutes. Nice to see the Kings win a game because there won't be too many more this year.

What's this about players being ejected for cheap shots on goalies ?? Just shows you know nothing about hockey. Oliwa was kicked out but yesterday the NHL said that the penalty was wrong and rescinded it. What other Flames player was kicked out for cheap shots on goalies ??? Just don't make stuff up, that's all I ask.

And the reason nobody did anything to Green is because nobody could. Avery ???

Also, the same ref that blew the call in Anaheim was reffing last night. Don't tell me he wasn't upset with the Flames for making him look bad as Colin Campbell rescinded his call and said it was the wrong call. The NHL has to punish the refs more because it really is getting out of control. If I was a Kings fan, I would not have wanted to watch that game last night. What's fun in watching your team get PP after PP because the ref has a bone to pick with the opposing team.

Oh well, I feel better after getting that off my chest. Good luck Kings, I'm pretty sure you'll need it to make the playoffs.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:39 PM
punchy1

"Just shows you know nothing about hockey".

How about you go off and troll somewhere else. That scat might work at the stampede but don't try it here. Last game you didn't have two players (prior to the Kings game) take runs and get penalties for it I guess. Sure you didn't mate. You also make a habbit of running other teams goalies so don't bloody well come here on another teams board and try question of what we may or may not know about hockey. Trolling is the lowest thing you can do on these or any web boards mate so, take your trolling back to your own boards.

There, I feel better about getting that off my chest, best of luck the rest of the way Flame on. Of course, maybe without the obvious intent to injure cheap shots like your lad green done on Vis. Trying to compare an erant high stick to an idiot hack taking a straight run from behind at another player shows how little YOU know about hockey. Thats the kind of thing I would say if I were a troll on your boards but since I am not, Cheers. Go home now lad.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:40 PM
punchy1

Oh, and YOU answered YOUR OWN bloody question trolling flame. Oliwa WAS thrown out and that is what I said happened. NOT what the league did or anything about it. Shows what you yada yada yada....

Closed Thread