HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Offers for Bieksa

Old
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
On canucks.com this guy got ripped for proposing Bieksa for Hemsky. I thought it was pretty funny.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Resolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
On canucks.com this guy got ripped for proposing Bieksa for Hemsky. I thought it was pretty funny.
I'd rip him too.

Though that would be rather funny to see the Oilers try to score without Hemsky.

Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
how about Malone for him straigh up? I would also add a pick, but it seems that that's not wanted

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Harold

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
how about Malone for him straigh up? I would also add a pick, but it seems that that's not wanted
Hmmm...28 years old, career high NHL points: 44. Currently on pace for 36 points this season.
No thanks.

Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
RingWraith

Bieksa + Schneider + Cooke for Shane Doan.

RingWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWraith View Post
Not bad IMO but if Doan get's traded it makes more sense to trade him for young prospects.

Bourdon + Grabner + 1st round draft pick for Shane Doan

Krajicek + Schneider + 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Carter

Sedin-Sedin-Doan
Naslund-Carter-Pyatt
Cooke-Kesler-Isbister
Burrows-Ritchie-Linden
Cowan (Morrison IR)

Last edited by Agent007: 12-18-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:26 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Not bad IMO but if Doan get's traded it makes more sense to trade him for young prospects.

Bourdon + Grabner + 1st round draft pick for Shane Doan

Krajicek + Schneider + 2nd round draft pick for Jeff Carter

Sedin-Sedin-Carter
Naslund-Carter-Pyatt
Cooke-Kesler-Isbister
Burrows-Ritchie-Linden
Cowan (Morrison IR)
Although that lineup looks nice (aside from there being too Carters), but that effectively drains the entire Canucks' prospect pool.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
fogducker

no point finding out his value when he's still injured. No one knows how his strength/skating will be after coming back from injury

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
fogducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas_Bert_Morr View Post
For the record I think Sanford is a fair bit better than Holmqvist or Denis, but I agree he isn't the long term solution they'd be looking for.

But then again, which team has a signifigant long term upgrade they'd be willing to trade to Tampa Bay? Edmonton, maybe?
TSN said last week

Turco for St.Louis

Old
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
TSN said last week

Turco for St.Louis
And as Tortorella said: "that rumour is bullsh*t"

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Red

Can't really trade/offer him right now as his value is undoubtedly seen as lower just because he's injured.

What the Canucks need: a top-6 winger, a #2/#3 center - any trade involving Bieksa would have to include one of those two things, we don't need any spare parts or #7 defensemen.
What the Canucks don't need: useless salary dumps like Marek Malik

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Peter Griffin

Wow, some really underwhelming offers for Bieksa here. If that is what his actual value is(highly doubt it) the Canucks are best off hanging onto him. Like it has been said already, it would take a legit top 6 forward about the same age as Bieksa for the Canucks to even think about it. Tough, physical, two way top 4 d-men are among the most sought after commodities in the NHL. Salary dumps and struggling forwards aren't going to attract the Canucks' attention.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:35 PM
fogducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
And as Tortorella said: "that rumour is bullsh*t"
but is exactly the type of goalie that tampa wants

Old
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
but is exactly the type of goalie that tampa wants
That's great and you piss off the MVP by dealing away his friend and making him play with Jason Ward.

Would be too hard to replace the almost 25 mins St. Louis plays a game.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
fogducker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's great and you piss off the MVP by dealing away his friend and making him play with Jason Ward.

Would be too hard to replace the almost 25 mins St. Louis plays a game.
I agree with you. I'm just telling Nas_Bert_Morr what kind of goalie tampa needs

Old
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi-wayman

Some of these trade suggestions from so called Canuck fans are quite laughable. Prior to his injury, their threads involved trading Ohlund before ever trading Bieksa. It seems they just have to suggest trading someone to get that mystical top six savior who will be offered in trade next month along with Luongo for a top four right side defenseman.

There is no way the Canucks trade Bieksa. The team is short of right side defensemen as it is and a healthy Bieksa is a top first pairing and has more value than Salo. He;s injured now, but with patience, Bieksa will return to being a Canuck fan favourite very soon.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
There is no way the Canucks trade Bieksa. The team is short of right side defensemen as it is and a healthy Bieksa is a top first pairing and has more value than Salo. He;s injured now, but with patience, Bieksa will return to being a Canuck fan favourite very soon.
Agreed. Of all the Canucks' defenseman I think Krajicek makes the most sense to be moved considering the Canucks abundance of left side defenders and with Edler and Bourdon developing nicely they are going to be pushing Krajicek out.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Bieska's money makes sense for most, but for what Vancouver would want ( a sure top-six winger), he isn't going to get it by himself.

As a Pen fan, I'd rather go after Kraijcek where an Armstrong might be more of a choice.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
SuperUnknown

Plekanec for Bieksa.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Some of these trade suggestions from so called Canuck fans are quite laughable. Prior to his injury, their threads involved trading Ohlund before ever trading Bieksa. It seems they just have to suggest trading someone to get that mystical top six savior who will be offered in trade next month along with Luongo for a top four right side defenseman.

Yeah, well those Canuck fans were idiots because they still haven't got it through their heads that Ohlund has a NTC and combined with his personal situation will NEVER waive it.

The team is short of right sided defenseman (although Edler can play both) and the reason I suggest to trade Bieksa is that, he is the only one without a NTC that could get what we are looking for in return. I think Bieksa will be invaluable to any kind of cup run and would prefer to trade him, if at all, in the off-season when either Krajicek or Edler could fill that spot for next season, although obviously not as well as Bieksa yet. This would also give a player like Krajicek or Edler to really break out or they, along with Bourdon who looks like he can play next year, will be stuck behind an extremely solid top 4 for a few years to come. And he would get a much better return to address our needs than Krajicek could. I just wanted to know what kind of value we could get for him once he returns to see if it would even be worth it trying to trade him once he returned or wait for a trade/signing in the offseason to address the scoring needs.

Most of these responses have been pretty ridiculous and if this is all he can get than we will happily keep him. But if he could fetch the right deal I don't know why we wouldn't trade him.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Wow, some really underwhelming offers for Bieksa here. If that is what his actual value is(highly doubt it) the Canucks are best off hanging onto him. Like it has been said already, it would take a legit top 6 forward about the same age as Bieksa for the Canucks to even think about it. Tough, physical, two way top 4 d-men are among the most sought after commodities in the NHL. Salary dumps and struggling forwards aren't going to attract the Canucks' attention.
No kidding. I have yet to see an offer for a forward that has managed to outscore Bieksa the defenseman in his first full year in the league.

A guy that is pound for pound argueably the best fighter in the game, logged a team high 25 odd minutes a night last year in his first full season, put up 42 points and was relied upon to shut down the oppositions most dangerous threats is not going for the typical offer of underachiever, questionable prospect and 2nd rounder.

If you want Bieksa you're gonna have to do alot better than what's been offered 'til now. Remember, quality dmen are hot commodities in the league as there just flat out isn't enough to go around.

Sure fire top 6 forward for Kevin or an obvious pass from Vancouver.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
windflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
You are getting colder with every proposal you're making.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Although that lineup looks nice (aside from there being too Carters), but that effectively drains the entire Canucks' prospect pool.
haha oops I meant to put Doan beside the Sedins...changed it

and yea it kills the Canucks prospect pool but at the same time Doan is signed on a long term deal and Carter is 4 years away from UFA status.

Personally the guy I hate to lose the most out of that deal is Bourdon since it pretty much kills our defensive depth but that lineup could give us not one but two cups over the next few seasons.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Tripwyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
No kidding. I have yet to see an offer for a forward that has managed to outscore Bieksa the defenseman in his first full year in the league.

A guy that is pound for pound argueably the best fighter in the game, logged a team high 25 odd minutes a night last year in his first full season, put up 42 points and was relied upon to shut down the oppositions most dangerous threats is not going for the typical offer of underachiever, questionable prospect and 2nd rounder.

If you want Bieksa you're gonna have to do alot better than what's been offered 'til now. Remember, quality dmen are hot commodities in the league as there just flat out isn't enough to go around.

Sure fire top 6 forward for Kevin or an obvious pass from Vancouver.
Echoing these sentiments. The proposals in this thread are brutal.

Tripwyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWraith View Post
Assuming Bieksa comes back healthy, and looks like he'll get right back on track, I wouldn't be opposed to the Coyotes looking at a Bieksa+ for Doan trade, at the deadline. I'm not so sure Schneider makes a ton of sense, anymore, considering his struggles, and the lights out play of Bryzgalov. However, high end picks or offensive prospects, as sweetener, would definately catch my eye, personally.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote