HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Indoor Hockey Wheels

Old
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Hockey5djh

vCash: 500
Indoor Hockey Wheels

I know there have been a bunch of threads out there about hockey wheels and I have read them all but this one is more specific for me personally. I just joined a adult roller league that is very competitive. The surface is Sport Court which I have played on very few times. I normally play on a special outdoor surface and my current wheel set-up is a high low 72's in the front and 80's in the back and i'm using Soft Labeda Gripper Lite's. I have used these wheels for many surfaces and they have been servicable but for this sport court they were just a little too slippery.I also have Abec 7 bearings in both regular (608) and in mini (688) so that is not an issue. I am 6' 180lbs and I am currently looking at the following:

Kryptonics Mr Sticky
Kryptonics Wicked Sticky
Labeda Dynasty
Labeda Millenium
Labeda Fuzion

Can those that have used these before please let me know your experiences and which you prefer. Especially if you have used more than one of them. I have also seen Labeda Team USA wheels that seem decent on paper but I have never heard of them or don't know anyone that has ever used them so I'm generally staying away unless somebody can tell me otherwise. Thanks very much for those who post.

Hockey5djh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
WVP

For sport court at 180 lbs, I'd use 76A durometer, maybe even 74A. Here's what I've been using with no issues:

http://www.rinkrat.com/wheels/hornet1.htm

As far as size it just depends on your chassis.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Hockey5djh

are the rink rats really that good? I would think the harder outside would cause slippage even though the inside is soft so i've always been leery to buy them.

Hockey5djh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
WVP

Well, I can't compare them to every other wheel on the market - that's why I said I've had no issues with them and I'd buy them again.

Old
12-16-2007, 01:08 PM
WVP

I no longer endorse the Rink Rat Hornet's. Sorry if you went out and bought them.

Old
12-18-2007, 12:35 AM
dabeechman

I weigh 160 and the RR were way too hard for me on sportcourt.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 08:06 AM
WVP

I've had zero problems with grip or performance, but after a game this week it looks like the wheels are pulling apart internally, which I've heard of before in this wheel. Rink Rat supposedly fixed the problem, not sure if I got a bad batch or if the problem still exists.