HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daneil Ryder

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 10:08 PM
qwert

vCash: 500
Daneil Ryder

Hey have you heard that micheal ryder has a younger brother and is supposeliy better than michael was at that time, maybe we can draft him. It is said he has a great work etic, more newfoundlanders on montreal.wooooooo

Old
01-19-2004, 10:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert
Hey have you heard that micheal ryder has a younger brother and is supposeliy better than michael was at that time, maybe we can draft him. It is said he has a great work etic, more newfoundlanders on montreal.wooooooo
He is playing for the Peteborough Petes in the OHL, he is said to be a stronger skater and a great offensive player but he isn't scoring in the OHL like Michael was in the "Q", then again they are two different leagues and he is playing on a young Pete team.

He looks to be a 1st rounder in the 2005 "Sidney Crosby" draft though.

His stats are pretty decent, especially for a kid who played last season with a broken verabre in his back. He had to lay off all summer to let it heal, looks to be as strong as Michael in that catagory to since it seems the eldest played in the AHL playoffs with a seperated shoulder last year and still performed as well as he did.

Old
01-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Slooooow down Qwert!

Before getting in Ryder Jr, we have a Stanley cup celebration night to organize.

Old
01-19-2004, 10:42 PM
jonny5

Quote:

You are right about Michael Ryder's brother Daniel. He was drafted 14th overall in the OHL by Pererbourgh. It's not that he is better than Michael, it's the fact they are different, although Daniel has been rated much higher than Michael at that age. Daniel does have a smoother skating style, but does not have as hard of a shot, although Daniel is very accurate. He turned 17yrs. old last week and will be available for the draft in 2005. Daniel recently played in the World Under-Seventeen tournament where he had 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 games. Daniel also posseses the same great work ethic as his brother Michael and gives his all evey game. Like Michael, he just loves the game, and loves to play. He also is like Michael as far as the physical game is concerned, he plays the corners and boards hard. He doesen't shy away from anything or anybody, afterall his nickname is " Danger. "

Old
01-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Wildbeliefs

Hmm.. he sounds good. Forget Crosby, let's trade up to get Ryder.

Old
01-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Prrebel

I went and checked out a couple of the Team Atlantic games at the U-17 tourny. In both games Daniel was the dominate player on the ice for team Atlantic. He made something happen every shift. Like Mike, he has a nose for the net and he goes there all the time. When he fills out a little more, he will be more dominate in the OHL. You also have to realize that Daniel played Jr in Newfoundland last season where the schedule only has about 40 games, some of which he missed with his back problem.

Old
01-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Cariboux

If he was born in NFL, why did he play in the OHL instead of the Q ?

We need 3 1st round picks in 2005 :

1- Sidney Crosby
2- Daniel Ryder
3- Siarhei Kastsitsyn

Old
01-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Habsaku

Please no more Val Bures or Marcel Hossas .

Seriously though, Dan Ryder seems pretty interesting.

Old
01-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Brock

Daniel Ryder has been one of the most impressive rookies in the OHL this year. He's an excellent all around player, who is only going to get better in every area. I think he's a better skater than Michael, to go with the fact that he's just as good offensively and just as hard of a worker. He's definitely one to keep an eye on. He would have went much higher in the OHL draft if it was known which league he was planning on joining. The Petes essentially got a steal.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Prrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
Don't know, but Terry Ryan played in the WHL. We're like another country out here, and are not limited by boundaries. I guess if there was a "Q" team in the province then they would have to play in the "Q".

Old
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel
Don't know, but Terry Ryan played in the WHL. We're like another country out here, and are not limited by boundaries. I guess if there was a "Q" team in the province then they would have to play in the "Q".
Terry Ryan played in the WHL because he played in the BCJHL at 14 to play in a better league.

As for Daniel, Newfoundland players have the option of opting into the Q or the OHL, he chose the OHL because he felt it was a better league to become a complete player (I'm sure Michael told him it would help him develop a defensive game faster and make him ready for the AHL/NHL earlier too). He did opt-into the league early enough to be scouted where he got picked. He never had any intentions of going to the Q and was ranked the 16th best prospect in the OHL draft last summer.

Old
01-21-2004, 12:45 PM
6 String Benny

Quote:

We need 3 1st round picks in 2005 :

1- Sidney Crosby
2- Daniel Ryder
3- Siarhei Kastsitsyn

My ears perked up when I saw the name Kastsitsyn.Do you have more info on him?
And more importantly,am I correct in saying "him"?Siarhei???What is that??But seriously,is he like his brother?

Old
01-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 String Benny
My ears perked up when I saw the name Kastsitsyn.Do you have more info on him?
And more importantly,am I correct in saying "him"?Siarhei???What is that??But seriously,is he like his brother?
I know that he did very well in the last U20 tournament :

http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournament.../BestScore.htm

4g 4a in 5 games is very nice for a 16 years old kid. I don't know very much about him, except he was born in '87...

Old
01-21-2004, 03:52 PM
6 String Benny

Quote:
I know that he did very well in the last U20 tournament :

http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournament.../BestScore.htm

4g 4a in 5 games is very nice for a 16 years old kid. I don't know very much about him, except he was born in '87...

Thanks for the link-First I've heard of him.Merci!

Old
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 String Benny
Thanks for the link-First I've heard of him.Merci!
http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=67327

I've just founded another link but there is no good informations, except some stats and his bithday

Closed Thread