HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malik (All Malk Talk Here For the Rest of the Year)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
  #1
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Malik (All Malk Talk Here For the Rest of the Year)

Anyone think Sather will just try to send him to the minors to dump salary? I really doubt anyone would want a dman that dont hit, that is slow and takes lazy penalties.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
  #2
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Seriously???? Another Thread??? What Is The Point???

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 11:54 PM
  #3
GratefulDead
 
GratefulDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ / LI, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
i think malik should play over strudwick. i dont see why they dont play malik-rozi and staal-mara. Malik and Rozi are a PROVEN duo.

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:03 AM
  #4
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
i think malik should play over strudwick. i dont see why they dont play malik-rozi and staal-mara. Malik and Rozi are a PROVEN duo.
I am done looking at this thread. I won't be back. C'yall in every other thread.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
  #5
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,658
vCash: 500
Fun Facts:

- Lundqvist's last 3 shutouts have come when Malik has not been in the lineup.
- Malik has been just a +1 in one game since Oct 20th.
- Malik has been a -6 since the 2nd game of the season. I guess without Jagr dominating, big man Malik cannot put up a good +/-...shocked? I am not.

Where are the Malik lovers to support him because of his "great" +/-?


Last edited by FLYLine24: 12-19-2007 at 12:14 AM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:46 AM
  #6
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Fun Facts:

- Lundqvist's last 3 shutouts have come when Malik has not been in the lineup.
- Malik has been just a +1 in one game since Oct 20th.
- Malik has been a -6 since the 2nd game of the season. I guess without Jagr dominating, big man Malik cannot put up a good +/-...shocked? I am not.

Where are the Malik lovers to support him because of his "great" +/-?
In the end, it really not about Malik. It's about Strudwick--the longer he plays regularly, the more his lack of speed is exposed. And keeping him in the lineup forces the top two pairs to play more minutes. Tyutin and especially Girardi have been showing the strain of playing 22 minutes a game. Plus Mara has not been used effectively either because Strudwick is only capable of playing 12-13 minutes a night.

You can be tired of talking about Malik, but the issue remains: without Malik in the equation this team is only able to dress 5 NHL caliber defensemen. Something has to be done.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:48 AM
  #7
GratefulDead
 
GratefulDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ / LI, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The fact of the matter is not really about Malik. It's about Strudwick--the longer he plays regularly, the more his lack of speed is exposed. And keeping him in the lineup forces the top two pairs to play more minutes. Tyutin and especially Girardi have been showing the strain of playing 22 minutes a game. Plus Mara has not been used effectively either because Strudwick is only capable of playing 12-13 minutes a night.

You can be tired of talking about Malik, but the issue remains: without Malik in the equation this team is only able to dress 5 NHL caliber defensemen. Something has to be done.
exactly. unless baranka or hutchinson is ready, which does not seem to be the case, then malik ought to be in the lineup.

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:51 AM
  #8
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The fact of the matter is not really about Malik. It's about Strudwick--the longer he plays regularly, the more his lack of speed is exposed. And keeping him in the lineup forces the top two pairs to play more minutes. Tyutin and especially Girardi have been showing the strain of playing 22 minutes a game. Plus Mara has not been used effectively either because Strudwick is only capable of playing 12-13 minutes a night.

You can be tired of talking about Malik, but the issue remains: without Malik in the equation this team is only able to dress 5 NHL caliber defensemen. Something has to be done.
Glad I saw your post before I put up mine.

Agree on all counts.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
  #9
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
exactly. unless baranka or hutchinson is ready, which does not seem to be the case, then malik ought to be in the lineup.
From what Squishy and others who have seen Hutchinson play for Hartford have said, I'd say he's probably ready for another shot. But with the re-entry waiver rules, he probably would get taken by another team (with the Rangers on the hook for 1/2 his salary and cap hit--which they can't afford) and so he will probably spend the rest of the season in Hartford. Renney isn't going to play another rookie on defense enough to take the pressure off the other defensemen. So it either comes down to either getting Malik back in the lineup or trading him for someone who Renney will actually play over Strudwick.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
  #10
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
exactly. unless baranka or hutchinson is ready, which does not seem to be the case, then malik ought to be in the lineup.
Hutchinson is a no defensive dman. I would not want him here. Id rather see Liffiton or Pock recalled. Baranka or Sauer should be here and Strud should be the 7th. too bad we still have big doof malik.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:58 AM
  #11
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Glad I saw your post before I put up mine.

Agree on all counts.
And so you made me do all the work. Gee Thanks.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 01:03 AM
  #12
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Hutchinson is a no defensive dman. I would not want him here. Id rather see Liffiton or Pock recalled. Baranka or Sauer should be here and Strud should be the 7th. too bad we still have big doof malik.
Have you actually seen any of these players play in Hartford? Because all you seem to do is say such and such sux and then throw out the usual suspects. It's gotten really old.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 05:17 AM
  #13
dkatzism
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
My bones are so brittle! But I always drink plenty of... Malk? (*now with Vitamin R!)



  Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 05:42 AM
  #14
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Gotta love the Springfield Public Schools.

blue425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 06:41 AM
  #15
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
And so you made me do all the work. Gee Thanks.
Why should posters have to settle for my ground chuck when they can read your filet mignon?

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 06:46 AM
  #16
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
Isn't it really abuot....

Staal playing better on a top line with Rozy and Renney wanted something different (i.e., character and sandpaper) on another pairing? It's almost as if Renney likes the mix of players better with Strudwick in and Malik out an it really comes down to Mara vs. Malik, which if Mara isn't going to play the PP, is a real tough decision, but Renney chooses to go with what's won the most games for him this season (not a slight to Malik, but more of a superstition of Renney).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 06:53 AM
  #17
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
No, I truly believe it comes down to Strudwick too. I don't know if Strudwick can play every game either, but for now, I say leave things the way they are, we know Rozsival can play 24-25 minutes, and Staal, no matter how many minutes played, is barely ever fatigued (at least he shows so on the ice, when he makes a mistake it's so obvious because you barely ever see him make a mistake).

Tyutin and Girardi deserve 20 minutes at most I believe now, since they've been ripped apart lately, don't want it to happen much longer. When they regain their early season play, bump them to 21-23 minutes.

Strudwick can do 15 minutes of play I'd say, he just needs to keep his game simple, we don't need him to try to be offensive or anything like that, he can just cover for Mara who will end up playing more like 18 minutes anyway.

Eventually something has to be done though, Malik and something for a solid defensive minded 6th or 7th D-Man.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 07:49 AM
  #18
GratefulDead
 
GratefulDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ / LI, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
what "sandpaper" does strudwick bring? honestly i never see him hit or anything like that cause hes too damn slow and can't fight. hes USELESS

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
  #19
giacomin1
Registered User
 
giacomin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Central NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
what "sandpaper" does strudwick bring? honestly i never see him hit or anything like that cause hes too damn slow and can't fight. hes USELESS
I disagree about Strudwick. He is obviously slow, but most of the time he seems to get himself in good position so that his lack of speed is not a big problem. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he has played most of this season.

We need to keep Malik as a 7th dman in case of injuries, flu, etc. unless he can be traded for someone better (Sandis Ozolinsh anyone?)

giacomin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
  #20
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
Strudwick...

doesn't seem to be hurting this team defensively. Until he does, I'd guess he'll be in the lineup, for right or wrong. I say that because very often I feel that even though things are going well, there is always room for improvement. Renney doesn't always feel that way and has gone with what worked, even if you see flaws and feel there's a need for improvement. That's fine if it makes him sleep better at night, and again, until I see Strudwick being the reason this team loses night-in and night out, if it comes to that, I won't say much about his inclusion in the lineup.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
  #21
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Seriously???? Another Thread??? What Is The Point???
The point is that every player in the Rangers system under the age of 25 that the poster has never seen is going to be great.

Pock is a good defensive defenseman?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
  #22
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
i think malik should play over strudwick. i dont see why they dont play malik-rozi and staal-mara. Malik and Rozi are a PROVEN duo.
yeah, proven to suck.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
  #23
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
In the end, it really not about Malik. It's about Strudwick--the longer he plays regularly, the more his lack of speed is exposed. And keeping him in the lineup forces the top two pairs to play more minutes. Tyutin and especially Girardi have been showing the strain of playing 22 minutes a game. Plus Mara has not been used effectively either because Strudwick is only capable of playing 12-13 minutes a night.

You can be tired of talking about Malik, but the issue remains: without Malik in the equation this team is only able to dress 5 NHL caliber defensemen. Something has to be done.
so your solution is to insert Malik, who's so damn quick, right?

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
  #24
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Have you actually seen any of these players play in Hartford? Because all you seem to do is say such and such sux and then throw out the usual suspects. It's gotten really old.
The problem here too is that there's absolutely no research into these players statuses prior to their names being constantly thrown out. Liffiton has been out with concussion symptoms since October, Pock & Hutchinson have to go through re-entry waivers with the possibility of them being claimed and the Rangers on the hook for half their salary. If any move is made it'll be Baranka, he's playing top pairing minutes down there and is in his 3rd pro season. He's utting up points and has a solid +/-. I'd like to see Sauer complete the year in Hartford.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
  #25
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
Jeff...

Malik is slow, that's a given. He gets beat wide, that's a given. But he does have better recovery than Strudwick and has been more effective over the last couple seasons than Strudwick.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.