HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Satan to...?

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 05:06 PM
SabresRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Satan to...?

West is my only certainty.

i hope and think by deadline day Satan will be history. then at seasons end i HOPE ruff and rieger will be. anyway.

i thought LA could do with a top 6 forward who is usually healthy.infact since 98-99 his missed 5 games!

i was think a 1st rounder + modry. it's a rough idea as i dont know the Kings that well.

ideas? thoughts?

Old
01-21-2004, 07:38 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
West is my only certainty.

i hope and think by deadline day Satan will be history. then at seasons end i HOPE ruff and rieger will be. anyway.

i thought LA could do with a top 6 forward who is usually healthy.infact since 98-99 his missed 5 games!

i was think a 1st rounder + modry. it's a rough idea as i dont know the Kings that well.

ideas? thoughts?
In a hot minute...Wait, gotta ask Ziggy first...Ziggy says OK...We are talking Miroslav right... 'cause that other guy's not in our plans.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I know the Kings were trying to acquire him before last season began. I think it will depend on how the next week goes for the Kings.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:00 PM
MoS*

a trade, actually, was completed by both sides but at the last min the buffalo gm pulled the plug and i heard the relationship between these two teams are pretty bad right now. i doubt they would trade again. last year, supposedly a young offensive prospect and a young powerforward were leaving la for satan.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:03 PM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister
Satan has stated that he wants to play with some of his World Cup Slovakian friends before he retires. I guess he and Demitra are best friends. Not that this would decide in where Buffalo ships him, but I'm sure come trade deadline he may get recommended by a few friends.
or palffy

Old
01-21-2004, 08:45 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
ANOTHER Satan thread? *sigh*

Old
01-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
as soon as he's traded to LA i hope we all know that he will be injured within 2 weeks.

Old
01-21-2004, 09:00 PM
xtra

Hopefully the nucks sneak in the backdoor while everyone is after O'neill and grab Satan.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:00 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule

ideas? thoughts?
if the kings are doing very well up until the trade deadline, i would do this deal...

01-21-2004, 10:08 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

LA has some very good forwards--they are all injured--but they have some good forwards. The big question is the Allison-Deadmarsh situation being straitened out. If both careers are forced to end this of season, the Kings would have some money loosed up to gain more pay roll---but what happens when they are cleared to play. The nhl insurance policy is strange. I think right now 75% is paid by insurance. Untill they are cleared to play or are forced to retire the kings have two big question marks as well as being forced to deal with an incomplete line up on an everyday basis.

When the Deadmarsh-Allison story plays out--we will have a better idea of what the kings have to play with

Old
01-21-2004, 10:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister
Satan has stated that he wants to play with some of his World Cup Slovakian friends before he retires. I guess he and Demitra are best friends. Not that this would decide in where Buffalo ships him, but I'm sure come trade deadline he may get recommended by a few friends.

LA's Slovakians

Palffy
Visnovsky
Stumpel

I can't think of any other team with 3. I know the Flyers have Handzus and Somik.

Old
01-22-2004, 02:11 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra
Hopefully the nucks sneak in the backdoor while everyone is after O'neill and grab Satan.
Theres no secret that thats what they tried to do last year. But Buffalo said ''you want Satan? take Zhitnik off our hands as well'' :mad:

Old
01-22-2004, 02:15 PM
nikolai19

I'm pretty sure the Kings would have no problem dealing Modry and a 1st for Satan? The problem is Regier will want more than that. Plus that would leave LA pretty weak on the blueline until Miller gets back which is still a couple of weeks away.

Old
01-22-2004, 02:15 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Theres no secret that thats what they tried to do last year. But Buffalo said ''you want Satan? take Zhitnik off our hands as well'' :mad:
well considering he's on the last year of his deal, it's easier to take Zhitnik's contract this year, while moving a dman back the other way.

I have no idea though what the values would be... Satan is on a 2 yr deal at $5mill, which is worse than O'Neill's contract... I suspect that the Sabres would also want a guy like Allen and/or Cooke back the other way...

personally I'd rather go after O'Neill, however if there is a bidding war starting for him, it would make more sense to make a pitch for Satan, if his value is lower.

Old
01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
I'm pretty sure the Kings would have no problem dealing Modry and a 1st for Satan? The problem is Regier will want more than that. Plus that would leave LA pretty weak on the blueline until Miller gets back which is still a couple of weeks away.
Satan's value isnt high, it's really a trade situation. his season is aweful. slump, 5 game good streak, slump again, we depend on him WAY to heavily, and it's not working for him this season. if we got that for Satan, id be happy, 2 1st rounders would give us a chance to get some good young talent. Rieger's job SHOULD be on the line, his been unactive even tho his the only one who can shake this team out of it's hibernation with a trade, and trading satan would say that NO-ONE has a sure place.

Closed Thread