HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Credit where it's due - MacT / Lowe

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Axis

vCash: 500
Credit where it's due - MacT / Lowe

He must be applauded. It takes a lot of guts to sit Laraque and then bench Smytty. Plus he moves Torres back with Georges. The defence is really encouraging. "Defense wins championships."

Brewer-Smith

Semenov-Ulanov

Cross-Staios

Ferguson (7th d-man)

I really like how this looks.

I wonder if Lowe will stand pat or make moves to improve up front. Getting Reasoner back healthy may be enough for Lowe. Signing Ulanov may have been his last significant move this year...

I would still like to see us get deeper at centre though - Scatchard or Rolston come to mind.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:52 PM
barto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis
He must be applauded. It takes a lot of guts to sit Laraque and then bench Smytty. Plus he moves Torres back with Georges. The defence is really encouraging. "Defense wins championships."

Brewer-Smith

Semenov-Ulanov

Cross-Staios

Ferguson (7th d-man)

I really like how this looks.

I wonder if Lowe will stand pat or make moves to improve up front. Getting Reasoner back healthy may be enough for Lowe. Signing Ulanov may have been his last significant move this year...

I would still like to see us get deeper at centre though - Scatchard or Rolston come to mind.

It's true - sometimes the deals you DON'T make are better than the ones you DO. IF Georges can keep up this level of play the rest of the season, then it makes Lowe look good for not trading him. And Brewer has been playing really well for several weeks now, so the odds of him getting traded have dwindled to near-zero as well.

I wouldn't mind Scatchard or Rolston, but I believe that would mean (assuming Reasoner's back & healthy) that Horcoff would need to be moved, and I'm not sure if Lowe & Co. are ready to do that. Who sits when Reasoner comes back? Surely you can't send Stoll down, unless it's just a roster move for a game or two until a trade is done... But our depth at center isn't all that good right now in Toronto. Next year better if Niinimaaki comes over - who else? By all accounts we won't have any center prospects ready to step into the NHL for a year or two yet, so it'll be interesting to see how the center situation plays out the rest of the way.

Bart

Closed Thread