HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2008 World Junior Championships Thread

Old
12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
nrf83

vCash: 500
US wins 5-1 as Wilson and Okoposo finish out scoring.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 12:06 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO View Post
According to an interview with Nemchinov, Cherepanov has a case of bronchitis. He missed a couple of practices (except the last one). He is feeling weak and can't train in full power. They are unsure if he'll participate in the first game of the championships agains Finland (today)

http://www.hawk.ru/press/7443.html (in Russian)
Looks like Cherepanov is sitting out. The lineups were just posted and AC isn't listed:
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/142/IHM142B04_54B_1_0.pdf

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Avy*

Anisimov goal after Filatov brilliant pass.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 02:12 PM
squishy

Translated interview with Anisimov, from prior to today's game:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...ime-no-sp.html

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Avy*

Anisimov goal

http://www.russian-hockey.ru/video/mchm/Anisimov.avi

thanks to xxbdxx

Old
12-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Ola

I got to see Sweden and Russias game today.

Carl Hagelin had a smaller role for team sweden, played on the 4th line and 2nd PK unit. He did pretty well though. And Sweden rolled all 4 lines pretty evenly so he pretty much played as much as 3/4 of the team.

Hagelin is a really good skater, and works really well. He is pretty small though. But he defenitly got a decent skill level -- without that last topend skillset it seems.

He got potential to work his way up on team sweden. He had a few great shifts where he had some takeaways and drew penaltys. Overall he seems to be a decent pick. I had maybe hoped to see some more top end skills from him, he seems to be more of a energy player.

David Skokan centered the Slovaks top line. He is a decent skater. He doesn't got a completly perfect stride, but he skates well. Overall though, he just isn't that talented. We got a decent player, but I don't see much potential in him. He is good center, solid defensivly, good passer and everything, just nothing special.

Cherepanov didn't play for Russia as reported.

Anisimov looked a bit heavy for Russia. He finnished more hits for Russia then he have in the past. He scored a solid goal after gooing to the net, where he slammed home a feed from behind the net. I have seen him better though. Didn't have that edge in his skating...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Choice

Thanks Ola! Great stuff, looking forward to hearing more about how our guys do in this tourney!.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Nich

hey ola, any idea when ani arrived over seas? maybe that had something to do with him not having his edge?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
man oh man, what an AWESOME pass.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
man oh man, what an AWESOME pass.
Draft him, i want to see Filatov-Anisimov-Cherepanov line domination.

Old
12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Me too!

To be fair though to those who are diminishing AA's role in the goal - go back to the VERY beginning of the video and note that Artem set it up by cutting to the middle, drawing basically the entire defensive team and making a nice in-tight pass to Filatov. Filatov made a GREAT move, no question, but he doesn't have nearly the room without the initial pass from Anisimov at the blue line.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
YouTube of Anisimov goal for easier viewing.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
i can see sather trading up, what is his projection at the draft as of now??

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

2 words

Drew Doughty.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Old
12-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
2 words

Drew Doughty.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

If you're a team looking for a defenseman, those are the wrong two words. The even better ones are Luke Schenn.

If you're interested in a nastier Marc Staal, then LS is your man.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:16 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i can see sather trading up, what is his projection at the draft as of now??
he is ranked 10th overall by tsn in the mid-season rankings.

EDIT: Some lists/scouts think he will not go in the top 10 and might not even go in the first round due to character issues and the whole Russian thing. Sounds kinda like what happened with Anisimov and that, so far, has turned out quite well. I don't think they said Anisimov had character issues though.

Beach is a player i'd love the Rangers to get, but I highly doubt he drops out of the top 5, even with his on and off ice issues.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 12-26-2007 at 11:32 PM.
UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
If you're a team looking for a defenseman, those are the wrong two words. The even better ones are Luke Schenn.

If you're interested in a nastier Marc Staal, then LS is your man.
The days where a defenseman is going to level you with hit after hit after hit a-la Stevens is gone...or at least tempered a lot.

sure hitting is important, and a mean streak is awesome. but you need mobile defenseman, who can skate, make good decisions with and without the puck, and make outlet passes to turn the play the other way. its the way the game is played now. its why a guy like Rozsival is flourishing, thats more or less his game. its why bobby sanguinetti was such a good pick. pair him with staal and youve got a sick 1-2 tandem.

i love the guys who flatten players with huge hits as much as the next guy, but thats not really what wins anymore.

Old
12-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

is chere expected to play tomorrow?

Old
12-26-2007, 11:42 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
2 words

Drew Doughty.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Another D-man? I mean I know he projects to be a top pairing D-man with just about all the intangibles, but the Rangers are pretty stacked at D for the future with Staal, Sanguenetti, Toots, Girardi, Sauer, and Baranka.

Guess a team can never have enough depth though. The Ranger are pretty thin on the left wing though. Filatov could fill that spot as a first line LW'er. I don't know too much on him and I don't like when I hear things about character issues with Russians. David Toews and Mikkel Boedker are two players that will more than likely be around when the Rangers pick in the 20-30 range. I think Boedker plays RW too.

Old
12-27-2007, 01:05 AM
DimaNYR

Quote:
is chere expected to play tomorrow?
According to Nemchinov, it depends on how Cherepanov will feel today, and tomorrow. Basically it's a day-to-day thing.

http://www.hawk.ru/press/7459.html (in Russian)

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Another D-man? I mean I know he projects to be a top pairing D-man with just about all the intangibles, but the Rangers are pretty stacked at D for the future with Staal, Sanguenetti, Toots, Girardi, Sauer, and Baranka.
Does it matter? if we have a shot at him, you have to take the best player available, even if purely for his value.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Ola

Anyone know anything about this Viktohor Tikhonov kid playing for Russia? Or something else then that he is the legends son.

He seems to be a really good hockeyplayer IMO. He ran Russias PP against Finland, and did it really well. But he also got a really unique style. Especially for a Russian. He doesn't dangle with the puck at all. He just looks to be extremely smart. Got the skill set of a typical 2-way Canadian player.

Old
12-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Anyone know anything about this Viktohor Tikhonov kid playing for Russia? Or something else then that he is the legends son.

He seems to be a really good hockeyplayer IMO. He ran Russias PP against Finland, and did it really well. But he also got a really unique style. Especially for a Russian. He doesn't dangle with the puck at all. He just looks to be extremely smart. Got the skill set of a typical 2-way Canadian player.
Ola it happens all the time, people look at russian roster - meh... many guy's undrafted and didn't do much in RSL, russians would probably suck. In reality aside from goalkeepers, Russia always produce many talented palyers even in bad years, but because of lack of junior league these guys just disappear from view.

He had 9 points in 26 games in RSL games - not bad for 19 year old in RSL. In 3-4 Sverstal games i've seen, i doesn't notice him at all. But this is RSL, who knows how good he would be in weaker league with tons of time. Look at Enver Lisin for example. He was good in RSL in short duration, but as a whole - nothing special. Now he recalled by Phoenix and wouldn't be shocked if he hold his spot and become nice 2 line palyer.

Old
12-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Ola

Quote:
Ola it happens all the time, people look at russian roster - meh... many guy's undrafted and didn't do much in RSL, russians would probably suck. In reality aside from goalkeepers, Russia always produce many talented palyers even in bad years, but because of lack of junior league these guys just disappear from view.

He had 9 points in 26 games in RSL games - not bad for 19 year old in RSL. In 3-4 Sverstal games i've seen, i doesn't notice him at all. But this is RSL, who knows how good he would be in weaker league with tons of time. Look at Enver Lisin for example. He was good in RSL in short duration, but as a whole - nothing special. Now he recalled by Phoenix and wouldn't be shocked if he hold his spot and become nice 2 line palyer.
Thanks!

He is a new favorite of mine atleast. He doesn't reallu remind me of anyone. Granted, the finns don't got a strong team and all, and it will be interesting to see him against better teams, but man, he defenitly got hockeysmarts.

Old
12-27-2007, 08:48 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Does it matter? if we have a shot at him, you have to take the best player available, even if purely for his value.
The only way the Rangers will have a shot at him is if they trade up to get him. I think if the Rangers do trade up, they do it to grab a forward, unless they deal one of sangs, sauer, girardi, or toots to trade up.