HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the Orr Haters

Old
12-21-2007, 07:55 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
What does liking or not liking Orr has to do wth who is on the trading block?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
So Orr, Hollweg and Strudwick are great while Jagr and Lundqvist are "shi44y"

Got it.
Do you want a real answer to that one? Hank has down right sucked in 5 of his last 6 starts and Jagr? the guy is terrible all season. When it comes to this season Orr and Strudwick have way exceeded Jagr in value right now. Jagr is a hall of famer collecting a paycheck right now. Hank is great but is struggling maybe cause his dad is ill so i will cut slack there but dude Orr is far from Domi or Kocur but the kid trys and hustles every shift and you all fail to give credit for hustle

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Kostik

I'm disgusted with Orr after yesterday loss.
And i'm leaning more and more towards opinion that he is absolutely useless on this team.
Scratch Orr and put Struds into the 4th line.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
I'm disgusted with Orr after yesterday loss.
And i'm leaning more and more towards opinion that he is absolutely useless on this team.
Scratch Orr and put Struds into the 4th line.
Exactly my point. The second Prucha got drilled is when Orr needs to step up and either fight the guy or drill one of their small stars in return (Gaborik).

Instead he still thinks he's contributing as a hockey player when he might as well be out there without a stick.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
94now

No one fights with sore eye. Do you?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:36 AM
ThisYearsModel

Orr has done his job once since becoming a Ranger.....when he went after Ovechkin. Before and since, he is a waste of a uniform. Put Hossa in his spot, or dress Struds as a forward.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
When it comes to this season Orr and Strudwick have way exceeded Jagr in value right now.
Yeah. Okay. Got ya.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Exactly my point. The second Prucha got drilled is when Orr needs to step up and either fight the guy or drill one of their small stars in return (Gaborik).

Instead he still thinks he's contributing as a hockey player when he might as well be out there without a stick.
Too bad Renney actually has to put Orr out there for this to happen.

Look, I'm no fan of Orr and think he's a total waste becasue of his horrendous skating and inability to play hockey, but he wasn't at fault last night.

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
chosen

Orr is a not a deterrent. That said, no one is a deterrent. It's one of the great myths of hockey.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
because a good enforcer ensures that no one EVER gets hit.
Try reading my post again.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
The two best fighters of all time Dave Brown and BOb probert just my opinion on that but whatever. They weren't deterrents either that is a dream. The rangers will hiy and be checked and teams will hot and be tough with us. The freaking day the Instigator came into play the league changed. People with no balls can run you now and get away with it. And stop crying the hit on Prucha was clean the guy was 6ft4 his arms never came up Prucha was 6inches shorter

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:34 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Too bad Renney actually has to put Orr out there for this to happen.

Look, I'm no fan of Orr and think he's a total waste becasue of his horrendous skating and inability to play hockey, but he wasn't at fault last night.
Au contraire, Larry. Mr. Useless was out for a full minute versus Burns in the second period and did nothing, zero, zip to be the "protector." He had 2 opportunities in the offensive corner and turned away. (just saw it on Rangers in 60) If he doesn't do that, he should not be dressed for the game. He is otherwise useless.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
id rather have byers on the team over orr. byers at least would add more scoring.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
id rather have byers on the team over orr. byers at least would add more scoring.
Byers is, at best, an average AHLEr right now...He wouldn't add much of anything

Old
12-21-2007, 01:46 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Imagine if a team signed both Laraque and Brasher during the offseason? What a frightening line that would make.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Au contraire, Larry. Mr. Useless was out for a full minute versus Burns in the second period and did nothing, zero, zip to be the "protector." He had 2 opportunities in the offensive corner and turned away. (just saw it on Rangers in 60) If he doesn't do that, he should not be dressed for the game. He is otherwise useless.
Not to my memory or NHL stats, Mr. Useless only playe 17 seconds in the 2nd period, and that being 10 minutes after the hit on PP..He had three sifts the entire 3rd and at least one with Burns so, yeah, i guess he could have done soemthing by himslef...butthere weren't alot of opportunities..And I hate the guy as a player!

Old
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
eco's bones

In the world of the UHL--the ECHL the teams goon may be just about as important as their goal scorer. In the NHL unless the guy can actually skate and play the game--he's not worth a whole hell of a lot value wise. The NHL is a league where players can skate, stickhandle, make plays at top speed and shoot rockets sometimes with great accuracy. In the UHL they fight, fight and fight. It makes me wonder Dagoon if you might not enjoy lower tier hockey a lot more? Orr certainly can have no complaints about how Renney and his staff have used him. Of the 29 other teams in the league I don't think he would be getting anywhere near the ice time and on a lot of them he'd probably be in the AHL. Finding him a better player than Jagr or Lundqvist is mistifying. I think your feelings are hurt on this for some reason and you're just sticking to your guns on Orr to the detriment of reason--more or less painting yourself into a corner and there's no point to it. Yes--jagr has been playing like crap. Lundqvist though he has been shakier lately has carried this team on his back from the beginning of the reason. If it weren't for him we'd be below Washington in the standings. Orr is a bit player on this team. He does one thing pretty well and occasionally something he does plays a significant part in a victory but his contributions this season--whatever they are is not going to make the Rangers a playoff team.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote