HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Red Wings @ Blues 12/20/07

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
  #26
BlueNhockeytown
Registered User
 
BlueNhockeytown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Wow Gaborik has 5 goals tonight!

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
  #27
fcpremix88
Registered User
 
fcpremix88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
Lines:

Kariya - MacDonald - Boyes
Stempniak - Tkachuk - Perron
M. Johnson - McClement - Hinote
Mayers - R. Johnson - Backes

Backman - Jackman
McKee - EJ
Salvador - Brewer


It's looking very good, especially those first 2 lines. The powerplay is also impressing me tonight.


If they hustle and take the body in the 3rd, they'll win

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:20 PM
  #28
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNhockeytown View Post
Wow Gaborik has 5 goals tonight!
What?!?!? Last I heard it was 4 goals and 1 assist!!!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:36 PM
  #29
BlueNhockeytown
Registered User
 
BlueNhockeytown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
ALRIGHT

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
  #30
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Nice face shield Dally.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 09:50 PM
  #31
BlueNhockeytown
Registered User
 
BlueNhockeytown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Great game, love the hitting.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:02 PM
  #32
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Kariya Mac Perron NICE LINE!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
  #33
BlueNhockeytown
Registered User
 
BlueNhockeytown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Brewer

Almost blew it again.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
  #34
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
If Zetterberg thinks he's Kocur, let's knock his friggin' block off.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:06 PM
  #35
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 500
4-on-4, Detroit will get Osgood off ASAP. I hate putting the Wings in a spot like this.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:13 PM
  #36
zackisonfire*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
If that was Homer that would've been in front of Legace...

zackisonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:13 PM
  #37
BlueNhockeytown
Registered User
 
BlueNhockeytown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Good physical game, wish they played like that all the time.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
  #38
Guy Legend
Registered User
 
Guy Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Great game to watch. Watching Mayers and Drake fight was a nice bonus....

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:35 PM
  #39
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNhockeytown View Post
Brewer

Almost blew it again.
Brewer and JAckman both had strong games. They're both at their best when physical.

Sorry haters

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:20 AM
  #40
mmitchell19
Registered User
 
mmitchell19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellisville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Brewer and JAckman both had strong games. They're both at their best when physical.

Sorry haters
Agreed, except...#4 did fill his quota of "one bad mistake that ends up at the back of our net" this particular evening. Manny should've stopped Samuelsson's goal...but then again, Brew should have never let his wing get a step or two on him like that. That's just basic defense.

I wish I didn't have to write the above, because I was very impressed with Brewer's game the rest of the evening. This one just happened to be an inexplicable, almost inevitable, completely predictable...Brewer gaffe.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
  #41
CuSa_1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
This game had an awesome aura around it, felt like a playoff game in person. Was great.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM
  #42
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
Agreed, except...#4 did fill his quota of "one bad mistake that ends up at the back of our net" this particular evening. Manny should've stopped Samuelsson's goal...but then again, Brew should have never let his wing get a step or two on him like that. That's just basic defense.

I wish I didn't have to write the above, because I was very impressed with Brewer's game the rest of the evening. This one just happened to be an inexplicable, almost inevitable, completely predictable...Brewer gaffe.
The thing is I have less of a probem with Brewer's play on that than his other mistakes.

1. It was a physical error more than a mental error. He was positioned well I thought and had his man to the outside. The problem was, he was slow to react and didn't recover and take his man well enough. However, I can live with physical mistakes my defenders from time to time especially when you consider...

2. It took a pretty great outlet pass to set up that play. Brewer's slow reaction could be due to the fact that the outlet pass on that play was a thing of beauty. Luckily, most defenders can't make that pass in most cases.

3. And that's a shot Legace saves 90-95 percent of the time. While Brewer should have done a better job wrapping up his man, he did slow him enough to give Legace a fair chance. Legace didn't come up big, but luckily he played a strong game other than this play.

The big mistake I saw Brewer make was playing the puck to the middle in his own end and almost getting burnt on it. I thought that was worse than his play on the goal. Outside of these two instances though, he did what he needs to do to be successful. He picked his spots to be aggressive in the offensive end, played physical, and didn't try to do too much. As good as he was, I thought Jackman was better and will almost certainly be playing with a target on his back in our next two games against Detroit. He was Jackman at his *hole best and got under Detroit's skin.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:47 AM
  #43
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,350
vCash: 500
Excerpt from an NHL Holiday card:
Quote:
Merry Christmas, Dally! How's the weather up there? Best wishes to the family!

Your pal,
Jammer

PS - Next time you fight me with a girly visor on, I'll bodyslam you.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 04:27 AM
  #44
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs
 
wilco5886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Champbana
Country: United States
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
jax

wow before reading the detroit GDT i never really knew how much jackman gets under other team's skins

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 04:56 AM
  #45
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
The thing is I have less of a probem with Brewer's play on that than his other mistakes.

1. It was a physical error more than a mental error. He was positioned well I thought and had his man to the outside. The problem was, he was slow to react and didn't recover and take his man well enough. However, I can live with physical mistakes my defenders from time to time especially when you consider...

2. It took a pretty great outlet pass to set up that play. Brewer's slow reaction could be due to the fact that the outlet pass on that play was a thing of beauty. Luckily, most defenders can't make that pass in most cases.3. And that's a shot Legace saves 90-95 percent of the time. While Brewer should have done a better job wrapping up his man, he did slow him enough to give Legace a fair chance. Legace didn't come up big, but luckily he played a strong game other than this play.

The big mistake I saw Brewer make was playing the puck to the middle in his own end and almost getting burnt on it. I thought that was worse than his play on the goal. Outside of these two instances though, he did what he needs to do to be successful. He picked his spots to be aggressive in the offensive end, played physical, and didn't try to do too much. As good as he was, I thought Jackman was better and will almost certainly be playing with a target on his back in our next two games against Detroit. He was Jackman at his *hole best and got under Detroit's skin.
Exactly. This is the #1 team in the NHL for a reason, Brews wouldn't be the first D-man to be victimized by them.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
  #46
Blue Sur
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Shyber's Pace
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Looking through inch-thick red lenses, the Blues won this only because a) they played like their lives depended on it, b) they cross-checked and brutally beat the red-white visitors and c) the refs handed the game to them. That must be the only way to triumph over the invincible GM fleet. And the outrage of scoring with traffic in front of the goalie...

To coin a phrase, sour grapes.

Blue Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
  #47
TrustInJarmo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Not to mention Brewers set up in front of the net he couldn't bury on that power play. Nor his weak shot after shot after shot from the point that was blocked by the Wings time after time.

Checker, I love how you say Brewer had a "strong game" and than a point is brought up on his goal he helped allow and than you say "The big mistake I saw Brewer make was playing the puck to the middle in his own end and almost getting burnt on it. I thought that was worse than his play on the goal. Outside of these two instances though, he did what he needs to do to be successful."

To say that was a "strong game" from a top 2 defensemen is nonsense.

Brewer played ok...to say "Strong" is overstating it. Sorry Brewer lover.

Anyway, Jackman played well.

I really like Stempniak with Perron and Tkachuck.

1st line looks good as well.

A few more games to jell should do wonders for these 6.


Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 12-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.
TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:22 AM
  #48
Sniper
It's learning...
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Not to mention Brewers set up in front of the net he couldn't bury on that power play. Nor his weak shot after shot after shot from the point that was blocked by the Wings time after time.

Checker, I love how you say Brewer had a "strong game" and than a point is brought up on his goal he helped allow and than you say "The big mistake I saw Brewer make was playing the puck to the middle in his own end and almost getting burnt on it. I thought that was worse than his play on the goal. Outside of these two instances though, he did what he needs to do to be successful."

To say that was a "strong game" from a top 2 defensemen is nonsense.

Brewer played ok...to say "Strong" is overstating it. Sorry Brewer lover.

Anyway, Jackman played well.

I really like Stempniak with Perron and Tkachuck.

1st line looks good as well.

A few more games to jell should do wonders for these 6.
I think that Brewer played strong, but that depends on who you compare him to. Did he play strong as compared to Pronger/Chopper? No. Did he play strong as compared to his past 4-6 games? Absolutely.

I also think that Perron played a strong game, but he also put his team in a tough position by taking 2 minor penalties against the #1 PP in the league.

Overall it was a great, intense game that hopefully we see more of.

Oh, and lets all hope that Andy Mac's injury wasn't serious and won't keep him out any/too many games.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 10:50 AM
  #49
TrustInJarmo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I think that Brewer played strong, but that depends on who you compare him to. Did he play strong as compared to Pronger/Chopper? No. Did he play strong as compared to his past 4-6 games? Absolutely.
Who is comparing MacInnis and Pronger to Brewer???

Brewer had 2 big mistakes last night...not to mention losing the puck several times on blocked shots on the power play.

A 9th year vet who is suppose to be our go to guy on the power play as well as being paid as a top 2 defensemen does not have a strong game after making 2 possible game turning mistakes a game.

If this was Wagner or EJ we were talking about it would be a different story.

Saying he played strong compared to his last subpar 4-6 games doesn't mean he is playing "Strong" now...it just means he didn't play like Sh(t last night.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
  #50
Sniper
It's learning...
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Who is comparing MacInnis and Pronger to Brewer???

Brewer had 2 big mistakes last night...not to mention losing the puck several times on blocked shots on the power play.

A 9th year vet who is suppose to be our go to guy on the power play as well as being paid as a top 2 defensemen does not have a strong game after making 2 possible game turning mistakes a game.

If this was Wagner or EJ we were talking about it would be a different story.

Saying he played strong compared to his last subpar 4-6 games doesn't mean he is playing "Strong" now...it just means he didn't play like Sh(t last night.
I was doing the comparison to try and see where you were coming from. I suppose we can change "strong" to "stronger" and be happy. Yes Brewer made some mistakes last night, but you could probably say the same thing about most players on most nights. "They had a good game except for those 1-2 mistakes."

Disclaimer: Please disregard the fact that Brewer's mistakes usually result in a goal.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.