HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tucker undergoes Surgery, Out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Charge_Seven

vCash: 500
Tucker undergoes Surgery, Out indefinitely

TSN reports: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=69038

(TSN.ca) - The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Wednesday that forward Darcy Tucker underwent successful retinal surgery this morning and will be sidelined indefinitely.

Tucker was injured by a high stick in the second period of Toronto's game versus the New York Islanders last night. The club also announced the recall of forward Josh Holden from the St. John's Maple Leafs of the American Hockey League.

Holden, 26, has played 19 games for St. John's this season collecting 15 points (six goals, nine assists) with 27 penalty minutes. He missed 13 games due to injury from November 29 to December 28. Last season, Holden played five games for Toronto scoring one goal with two penalty minutes.

The native of Calgary, Alberta has played 54 career NHL games for Vancouver and Toronto collecting 14 points (five goals, nine assists) with 16 penalty minutes.

He was acquired by Toronto from Vancouver in exchange for Jeff Farkas on June 23, 2002. Holden was originally Vancouver's first choice, 12th overall in the 1996 Entry Draft. He will wear sweater number 9.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Charge_Seven

Kinda puts to rest the insane idea that Quinn is embelishing eh guys?

Maybe we should start sewing O'Neill on our Leaf Jerseys if our bad luck for injuries to key forwards continues.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:55 PM
wasting time

holy ****

Old
01-21-2004, 03:57 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
**** ME!

This is nuts.

Something has to be done.

Old
01-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Un-***-believable. When will this string of bad luck end?

Old
01-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Rand

At this point all I want is for Toronto to be healthy come playoff time....

01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
If I'm the Leaf seeing as this is the second time this has happened this season I would be demanded the refs doing that game recieve a hefty fine and give a public apology to the Leafs. It may not be much but the league certainly owes us that much.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
Maybe we should start sewing O'Neill on our Leaf Jerseys if our bad luck for injuries to key forwards continues.
I wouldn't count on it.

Old
01-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

and the Hits just keep on coming ...

Lucky Tucker is not one of those guys with cronic problems that we can count on...

No wait EVERYONE.....READ BETWEEN THE LINES ... Tucker was rumoured heading to Carolina for O'Neill....so he is faking injury for the next 6 week till after the trade deadline...

Old
01-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
and the Hits just keep on coming ...

Lucky Tucker is not one of those guys with cronic problems that we can count on...

No wait EVERYONE.....READ BETWEEN THE LINES ... Tucker was rumoured heading to Carolina for O'Neill....so he is faking injury for the next 6 week till after the trade deadline...

hehehe, he's diabolical I tells ya...no...read even farther, Quinn is sabotaging Ferguson's moves to regain his throne as the GM of the Leafs! He probably slapped Tucker around after the game to knock the Retina loose!!! THAT MUST BE IT!

Old
01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
hehehe, he's diabolical I tells ya...no...read even farther, Quinn is sabotaging Ferguson's moves to regain his throne as the GM of the Leafs! He probably slapped Tucker around after the game to knock the Retina loose!!! THAT MUST BE IT!
That some nice READING BETWEEN THE LINES there ......

and we are not making light of Tuckers serious injury here which is tragic ...

...just poking fun at a certain poster who has coined the phrase READ BETWEEN THE LINES ..which if you read between those lines means make up what ever you want..

Old
01-21-2004, 04:47 PM
ATG

Damn after tucker got up and tried to attack blake i thought he was just in need of some stitches damn horrible news

Old
01-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
AWFUL NEWS!!!

So who do you all think will replace Tucker in the lineup?

Old
01-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
AWFUL NEWS!!!

So who do you all think will replace Tucker in the lineup?
JOSH HOLDEN has been recalled from St. Johns...

Old
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwilliams
its really sad that no one stood up for tucker nor did they do it for nolan either, oh well womans hockey striving great in leaf town, its amazing the hardest working leafs get injured while the ( cough cough ) floaters stay out of harms way its pretty bad that tucker tried to do something HISSELF with one eye closed :mad:

That's the difference between the Leafs of last season and this season. Now the team is thinking more. I do agree, I would have loved to have seen someone give Blake the beating of his life, but did we need a 2 minute penalty at that point? No. It would likely have turned into a goal, as the Isles PP was very strong all night. Then we may have lost Tucker, and a game as well. Just keep Tucker in mind when they play the Isles next time, it'll be interesting.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:13 PM
wasting time

Quote:
its really sad that no one stood up for tucker nor did they do it for nolan either, oh well womans hockey striving great in leaf town, its amazing the hardest working leafs get injured while the ( cough cough ) floaters stay out of harms way its pretty bad that tucker tried to do something HISSELF with one eye closed :mad:
bring back the bench clearing brawl!

Old
01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
disles1

What goes around comes around for Mr. Dirty Tucker

Old
01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
DocHolliday

Quote:
That's a sign of the veteran nature of the team. It was a 1-0 game. Be certain though, that they've taken Blake's number and will make their point when the time is right.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:25 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Well I look real smart now
Hope it doesnt cause him longterm problems.

Old
01-21-2004, 05:37 PM
GoM

Old
01-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
to me its a sign of cowards, yes bring back the bench clearing brawls, its amazing everyone that attends games love the fights, about the vet. team i seen them up 3 goals and they don't do anything i can imagine what tuck was thinking lying on the ice knowing noone went to his aid, thats why he went nuts , i loved to be a fly on the wall , i bet tuck laid into his teammates that were on the ice and did nothing, then he should'nt go to the aid of his teammates anymore , but thats not him, he's no COWARD :mad:
If the game had of been 2-0, or 3-0, or if the Leafs were losing by those scores, then by all means, beat the living crap out of Blake. However, it was accidental, and if it had of happened, the Leafs would look like goons again. The one man who's needed to take those actions is Shayne Corson, he would have been out there in no time.

Old
01-21-2004, 07:30 PM
IslandersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
If I'm the Leaf seeing as this is the second time this has happened this season I would be demanded the refs doing that game recieve a hefty fine and give a public apology to the Leafs. It may not be much but the league certainly owes us that much.
The league owes everyone an apology on the officiating this season. It has been crap across the board, not just against the Leafs.

Old
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan
The league owes everyone an apology on the officiating this season. It has been crap across the board, not just against the Leafs.
Pretty much. Yes. Leafs have sadly been on the receiving end of two that were enormously tough to swallow though.

Closed Thread