HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interset in Perault in the west!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2004, 11:40 AM
  #1
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Interest in Perreault in the west!

Hey guys just read this on TFP,

"Reports in Washington have the Capitals looking to part with scoring leader Robert Lang for the right price, while other speculation suggests the Avalanche may have interest in Montreal’s Yanic Perreault."

Who do you think we would get in return. Id say probably a third pick.

Thoughts!

Mooch is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 11:43 AM
  #2
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys just read this on TFP,

"Reports in Washington have the Capitals looking to part with scoring leader Robert Lang for the right price, while other speculation suggests the Avalanche may have interest in Montreal’s Yanic Perreault."

Who do you think we would get in return. Id say probably a third pick.

Thoughts!
I don't know if the rumor is true, but I wouldn't expect more that a 4th or so for him...

All-Star is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:04 PM
  #3
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Does anyone know a reason why Perreault is still in the line up ? He's useless out there. He played his best game in 2 months last night and he still didn't came close to being useful. He just isn't a 4th line center. And when Bégin is gonna be back I don't see where Perreault fits in the mix.

So my question is the following. Why hasn't he been traded yet ? I see 2-3 possible scenarios.

1. He was offered but there's absolutely no one willing to bite.

2. He wasn't offered but Gainey is hoping someone will offer something.

3. Gainey doesn't want to trade him he remains here in case either one of Saku or Ribeiro gets injured.

What do you people think ?

Habsolution is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
  #4
Subban Fan
Registered User
 
Subban Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
We have to trade Perreault to make room for Bégin...so a 3rd or a 4th round pick would be great!!!

Subban Fan is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:10 PM
  #5
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
The threads about interest in Perreault are so old they remind me of last year's theatre notices stuck on construction site fences. If the rumours are so hot, why haven't they come true?

Corey is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:21 PM
  #6
YOUTH OF HABS
Registered User
 
YOUTH OF HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: OTTAWHAT
Country: Canada
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
Welll

i say in due time, something will happen, it doesn't hurt us having him around, like someone stated above, if ribero or koivu go down, perrault can step in.

we wouldn't probably get much for him in return, maybe if we package him with a defencemen we could get a good second line RW ??

YOUTH OF HABS is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:48 PM
  #7
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
I gotta think with Begin on his way back, Perreault is really going to be a player without a spot, and Gainey must be looking at the option of moving him.

I think there will be (and has been) a certain level of interest around the league in him, and at some point BG will pull the trigger on a trade. I don't even want to guess what we would recieve in retrun.

Darz is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 12:49 PM
  #8
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
The threads about interest in Perreault are so old they remind me of last year's theatre notices stuck on construction site fences. If the rumours are so hot, why haven't they come true?
Because his No Trade Clause, and big salary, mixed with the final year of the CBA, make him untradeable.. unless a miracle happened.

Habs is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 01:07 PM
  #9
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Chucky breakout year
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,024
vCash: 646
His no trade clause was for the first 2 season's of his contract. And even if he had one he'd be a moron if he didn't waive it to go to a team that can give him more ice time. His UFA value is falling faster than the Nortel stock a few years ago right now.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 01:16 PM
  #10
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
My guess is that the all-star break will give the GM's an opportunity to get together and talk about players. Coincidentally, that is about the same time that Begin is due to be back in the line-up.

If something doesn't happen by then, Perreault will be with the club until the end of the year.

HCH is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
  #11
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
His no trade clause was for the first 2 season's of his contract. And even if he had one he'd be a moron if he didn't waive it to go to a team that can give him more ice time. His UFA value is falling faster than the Nortel stock a few years ago right now.
He still has a No Trade Clause.

Habs is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
  #12
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
His no trade clause was for the first 2 season's of his contract. And even if he had one he'd be a moron if he didn't waive it to go to a team that can give him more ice time. His UFA value is falling faster than the Nortel stock a few years ago right now.
Indeed I bet his agent is calling Gainey every day to ask for his client to be traded.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 01:55 PM
  #13
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
We have to trade Perreault to make room for Bégin...so a 3rd or a 4th round pick would be great!!!
Yep , Begin deserve regular ice time as Juneau , Koivu and Ribeiro ... Perrault should be traded before febuary imo .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 02:12 PM
  #14
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
He still has a No Trade Clause.

NO IT WAS FOR THE FIRST 2 YEARS OF HIS CONTRACT....

they talked about that hundred of times , on the radio /newspapers/tv , so do an upgrade and get it in your mind

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 02:21 PM
  #15
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
COL will never get Perreault, where would they put him? He'll never be a stanley cup winner and no one in their right mind would trade for him if they are contending. Not even Bobby Clark. Teams like Nashville(although I hope not, they are hard workers), Atlanta, San Jose, Los Angeles who are battling for the lower spots would be better destinations.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 03:08 PM
  #16
habsfan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
BG might as well try to get draft pick(s) for him, or even some sort of veteran 4th liner(winger) who can help for the stretch drive and playoffs
but then we have to bench someone else

habsfan19 is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 05:00 PM
  #17
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
COL will never get Perreault, where would they put him? He'll never be a stanley cup winner and no one in their right mind would trade for him if they are contending. Not even Bobby Clark. Teams like Nashville(although I hope not, they are hard workers), Atlanta, San Jose, Los Angeles who are battling for the lower spots would be better destinations.
A playoff team looking for a centre that can win important faceoffs isn't an interest to teams out there? I would be extremely surpised if there weren't. Last years deadline involved mostly trading for faceoff or defensive centres:

Barnes, Lapointe, Bryan Smolinski, Doug Gilmour, Jan Hrdina and Rob Niedermayer are the type that GM's look for and trade for...Perreault falls into their catagory of being a specialist.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
  #18
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
COL will never get Perreault, where would they put him? He'll never be a stanley cup winner and no one in their right mind would trade for him if they are contending. Not even Bobby Clark. Teams like Nashville(although I hope not, they are hard workers), Atlanta, San Jose, Los Angeles who are battling for the lower spots would be better destinations.
i 've just read that may be Forsberg is out for the season because of an injurie...

who else than Perreault could replace Forsberg ?

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 09:02 PM
  #19
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Does anyone know a reason why Perreault is still in the line up ? He's useless out there. He played his best game in 2 months last night and he still didn't came close to being useful. He just isn't a 4th line center. And when Bégin is gonna be back I don't see where Perreault fits in the mix.

So my question is the following. Why hasn't he been traded yet ? I see 2-3 possible scenarios.

1. He was offered but there's absolutely no one willing to bite.

2. He wasn't offered but Gainey is hoping someone will offer something.

3. Gainey doesn't want to trade him he remains here in case either one of Saku or Ribeiro gets injured.

What do you people think ?
It's probably the case that someone has already made an offer that the other refused.

If all else fails, Gainey might settle for a draft pick. But I doubt that Gainey would dump Perreault for a draft pick only midway through the season. Otherwise Perreault would be gone already.

In the meantime, Gainey's probably looking for a player to fill whatever little role he and Julien might have in mind. With all of the Kings' injuries this year, perhaps it will be the fruition of the oft-discussed Lapperriere proposals, a swap of pending UFA role players.

Souffle is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 09:11 PM
  #20
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,029
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i 've just read that may be Forsberg is out for the season because of an injurie...

who else than Perreault could replace Forsberg ?
I think the better question is, who can replace Forsberg for the year, not need him when he comes back, and lose almost nothing to fill a roster spot with the best faceoff man in the NHL, not to mention a decent PP player.

It's all how you look at it.

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.