HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What about Zhamnov to Edmonton???

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2004, 07:26 PM
streetballer03

vCash: 500
What about Zhamnov to Edmonton???

<b>RUMOR </b>

not sure if anyone posted this already...im just adding fuel to the fire. enjoy and take it for what it is....

<i>"Suddenly, Blackhawks captain Alexei Zhamnov has become extremely popular. The Russian center, who missed 35 games because he needed back surgery earlier this season, has returned with a bang and producing at regular pace. An unrestricted free agent this coming off-season, Zhamnov is coveted by many NHL <u>contenders</u> right now, including Detroit, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, New Jersey, San Jose and <b>Edmonton</b>. He'll certainly be moved before the deadline." </i>

Source: http://www.forecaster.ca/thescore/ho...ine.cgi#rumors

hahaha my favorite part of it all was when they caled San Jose and Edmonton contenders...

P.S. <font size=1 face=verdana><b> On a side note, they have a prospect analysis on Kyle Brodziak at the bottom of the page and it was quite the read. The Forecaster went as far to say that Kyle might have the highest scoring potential out of any current Oiler prospect. It's kind of hard to think of him that way but it is on print and i will take their word for it.

Old
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
punk_o_holic

He's a UFA after this season so no thanks unless EDM is in the playoffs and they want a rent a player I would like to have him but for really cheap. Me thinks some other team will offer more then EDM would for there playoff run(i.e. Wings, Flyers, or Devils)
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
<b>RUMOR </b>

not sure if anyone posted this already...im just adding fuel to the fire. enjoy and take it for what it is....

<i>"Suddenly, Blackhawks captain Alexei Zhamnov has become extremely popular. The Russian center, who missed 35 games because he needed back surgery earlier this season, has returned with a bang and producing at regular pace. An unrestricted free agent this coming off-season, Zhamnov is coveted by many NHL <u>contenders</u> right now, including Detroit, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, New Jersey, San Jose and <b>Edmonton</b>. He'll certainly be moved before the deadline." </i>

Source: http://www.forecaster.ca/thescore/ho...ine.cgi#rumors

hahaha my favorite part of it all was when they caled San Jose and Edmonton contenders...
He's a UFA after this season so no thanks unless EDM is in the playoffs and they want a rent a player I would like to have him but for really cheap. Me thinks some other team will offer more then EDM would for there playoff run(i.e. Wings, Flyers, or Devils)

P.S. <font size=1 face=verdana><b> On a side note, they have a prospect analysis on Kyle Brodziak at the bottom of the page and it was quite the read. The Forecaster went as far to say that Kyle might have the highest scoring potential out of any current Oiler prospect. It's kind of hard to think of him that way but it is on print and i will take their word for it.

Old
01-21-2004, 10:37 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Not for the money he's making.

Old
01-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Fender

The thing is, at the deadline, the majority of his salary for the year will already be paid. If he didn't cost the Oil a lot (a 2nd rounder, lower end prospect/pick ect), I wouldn't mind seeing him here if we were in the playoff picture.

We must remember, the dude is a UFA at the end of the season. Unless a team is desperate (ie what Clarke paid for Oates at the deadline 2 yrs ago), I can't see a team moving their future for the guy.

Old
01-22-2004, 02:32 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender
The thing is, at the deadline, the majority of his salary for the year will already be paid. If he didn't cost the Oil a lot (a 2nd rounder, lower end prospect/pick ect), I wouldn't mind seeing him here if we were in the playoff picture.

We must remember, the dude is a UFA at the end of the season. Unless a team is desperate (ie what Clarke paid for Oates at the deadline 2 yrs ago), I can't see a team moving their future for the guy.
If a contender picks him up, they could probably easily afford his option, so ufa status would probably not be a worry.

Closed Thread