HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Blues @ Bruins 12/22/07

Old
12-22-2007, 02:44 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
To anyone who was watching the game, how did Brewer look? +4 sounds good.

RJ - 18+ minutes
Jammer - 17+ minutes
and Backman +3 too

those stats are pretty surprising

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Brewer....I haven't been overly happy with him this year, don't post about it much though, but he was pretty darn good today! It seems that when he plays physical he is at his best. Somebody tell him to keep it up!

Backman looked ok, but he just doesnt know how to to take the body. There were many times that he went for the puck and just let the guy by him.

Stemp has really looked like a new man lately.

Many Legacy.....WOW that is all that needs to be said!

The top line was electric on O....still my complaint is their d, but regardless they will be more in the plus category.

RJ and Jammer looked really good together....Backes needs to work on his balance.

I really like the TK line. It seems like they are all excited to play together.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-22-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Boston Bruno

Good game by the blues..

Congrats on the win.

Would like to throw in the obligatory.."yeah but we have 16 million in salary not playing"..

7 games in the row for the blues over the bruins as well.

Almost as bad as the habs.

Keep up the solid play and I hope the best for you guys.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 02:52 PM
General Veers

Brew was VERY solid. Perron was a ghost by the 3rd, but hey, with Jammer and co. flying around, why not?

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

They had M. Johnson in Perron's place, in the third. So, I think his ice time fell off in the third. andy is really skeptical of his defensive abilities.

Old
12-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
They had M. Johnson in Perron's place, in the third. So, I think his ice time fell off in the third. andy is really skeptical of his defensive abilities.
I can understand that. Perron wasn't as effective (yet still decent) in this game as he was against Detroit (yet he got an assist in this one). The game was really physical in the second period and tightened way up after Chara's goal. I understand Murray's decision here, but if Perron isn't back with Stempniak and Tkachuk tomorrow I'll be pissed. Especially when you consider the jump in both Stempniak and Tkachuk's offensive performances since that line was assembled and the fact that Stempniak mentioned enjoying that line combo alot.

Brewer...All I can say is if he can keep playing like he did this game, I don't think I'll need to defend him so much any more. Also, Jackman was strong again, except for his fight. I applaud Jackman for having the stones to back up his physical dickish play by dropping the gloves and not being a coward, but he's going to get hurt again if he takes too many shots like the KO punch by Lucic.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Checker-
I would assume that they will be back together. Think it was just another Andy precaution. Perron is the only weak one on D. on that line and his O skills totally make up for it.

Jax doesn't need to be fighting, but today he did for the exact reasons you posted.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 12-22-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old
12-22-2007, 03:44 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

I love Jackman's tenacity, but I don't like it when he fights. He's a strong, mean player, but he almost always re-injures his shoulder. He was a much better fighter when he was younger, at this point, I just assume leave the fighting up to just about anybody else.

Remind me never to look at a Bruins GDT again. Hell, I like the Bruins, but the circus going on with their fans is amazing. Many mentions of how the Bruins dominated the Blues, Wideman was OMG AWSUMZ, that Manny Legace put on a complete clinic, and even an observation or two that Boyes was invisible other than the goal. I'm not even going to get into the penalty/not penalty junk. Bochenski was a rising star last year, and is public enemy number one this year. Chara is tradebait one minute and a driving force the next. Do Blues fans sound like that about the Blues? I looked at the Detroit GDT the other night and it wasn't as bad as the Boston one, but there was a lot of whining, condescension, and extreme opinions.

The Blues had a better first period, the Bruins came back, played physical, had some good chances, and the game was pretty even. Both teams were stingy in the neutral zone. The Blues defense had a few lapses and the Bruins couldn't convert on them. The Bruins defense had several lapses and the Blues converted on three of them. Boyes wasn't blasting people with checks or doing spin-o-ramas down the ice, but he played very well for the whole game - he was close to having two or three goals. I really like the way that Lucic and Sobotka play, they each had a good game. Legace had a couple of very nice saves, but didn't have to work all that much. Most of his saves were long shots that he turned into the corner. The majority of the Boston chances were fast rushes, but were defended well and resulted in low-percentage passes not hitting their mark. I wouldn't say Legace performed above what you'd expect from a starter on a team above .500. Wideman was steady. One nice defensive steal against Kariya stood out and that's it. The officiating wasn't especially good, but it wasn't game-changing-atrocious either. Some so-so calls went both ways.

Damn, I think I just had to type out something somewhat consistent with reality to counteract the insanity to which I just exposed myself.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 04:05 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Great game by the Blues.

Stupid penalties by Backman.

Good game by Brewer.

What a pass by Ryan Johnson to Jamal!! Just more reason why I want him re-signed to play on the 4th line with Jamal next year.

Stempniak, Tkachuck looked great.

Kariya and McDonald had some great chances they just couldn't finish, but looked solid all game.

Go Blues!

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Solid game all around by everyone. I saw more Mike Johnson than I wanted to as well as Mayers and RJ, but that's AM's style. Backman had two beautiful outlet passes that led to outstanding scoring chances by our checkers that they didn't finish. I don't want to see Mayers on the Powerplay anymore either. He is not a sniper. He should've had 4 goals today, but he and the rest of the checkers played very well. Perron needs to remember to cover the point men on D. They got way too many shots. He missed his assignments. Good offensive game though. I like Tkachuk Perron and Stempniak. as well as Boyes-Mcdonald-Kariya and Mayers-McClement-Backes.

Glad Jackman survived the fight. Lucic has been destructive this year. I thought he might get his jaw broke again. I don't think the new jerseys are very good for the fighters. Is it just me or do they stretch too much?

The defense played exceptionally well. In particular, I would point out Jackman, Brewer, and Backman as having very good games. I really didn't have an issue with Backman's hooking penalties. At least he didn't let them walk around him for a scoring chance. A couple other D-men should have taken penalties to stop point blank chances. Brewer played a solid stay at home game. Jackman played like his old self. Backman did outstanding in the transition game and (I can't believe I'm saying this) clearing/tying up the man in front of the net. The rest of the D were just good.

Kudos to Manny for being the man again.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Great game by the Blues today, I saw only a couple of minutes here and there from Blues this year, But I can say i was really impressed by your team defensive game today. Your defense look rock solid and you forward are very quick and very agressive. I think the Blues finally turn thing around and have a bright future.

My team lost but at least this game was very entertaining, no more snoozefest with the Bruins this year.

Bruinster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:14 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
Great game by the Blues today, I saw only a couple of minutes here and there from Blues this year, But I can say i was really impressed by your team defensive game today. Your defense look rock solid and you forward are very quick and very agressive. I think the Blues finally turn thing around and have a bright future.

My team lost but at least this game was very entertaining, no more snoozefest with the Bruins this year.
Bruins easily top the list of most improved teams this year, IMO. I'm glad we're not in your division, I think King, Jackman, Mayers, etc. would end up earning their checks the hard way!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
InjunSteve
CARL WINSLOW!

Send a message via AIM to InjunSteve
Quote:
Well what game are you watching, cause no one has gotten "pumped" this game. Did Lucic win the fight...yes, but he wasn't impressive. By the way, D.J. King hasn't lost a fight all year. Not to mention he tore apart Boogard, who isn't a shabby fighter.

D.J. wasnt happy with that fight.
king has never tore apart boogaard. he hasnt beat boogaard at all in the nhl. its the only person i recall he has not beat in a fight in his young career so far though.

InjunSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Sharks14*

Boyes: #21

Sharks14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:29 AM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjunSteve View Post
king has never tore apart boogaard. he hasnt beat boogaard at all in the nhl. its the only person i recall he has not beat in a fight in his young career so far though.
Just watched 2 fights between the two....yeah....DJ got whipped both times. To be fair, they wouldn't be in the same weight class in boxing so Boogaard should win...3 inches + 20 lbs = WAY more power.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
Just watched 2 fights between the two....yeah....DJ got whipped both times. To be fair, they wouldn't be in the same weight class in boxing so Boogaard should win...3 inches + 20 lbs = WAY more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjunSteve View Post
Yeah both of you guys are right about Boogaard. I guess I was thinking of someone else. Either way D.J. did well in the beginning of that fight. Maybe I was thinking of Perros.

Old
12-24-2007, 08:30 PM
c-carp

This was a great game to watch. Good Physical play by both teams. I do have to say one thing in defence of Milan Lucic who seems to be taking some heat here the Kid was just doing his job Jackman was running around as much as Lucic they were both doing their jobs. The only bad thing for us was that our guy lost and lost pretty badly.

Lucic was MVP of the Memorial cup last year and scored 30 goals inthe WHL and looks to be a pretty good player and fighter if he wore the Bluenote we would like this kid a lot.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:34 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Well what game are you watching, cause no one has gotten "pumped" this game. Did Lucic win the fight...yes, but he wasn't impressive. By the way, D.J. King hasn't lost a fight all year. Not to mention he tore apart Boogard, who isn't a shabby fighter.

D.J. wasnt happy with that fight.
Dude I am a huge Blues fan but you are delusional. Lucic Beat the **** out of Jackman in this fight and was very impressive and DJ King is my favorite fighter in the league but he has never tore apart Boogaard in their NHL fights they have has three and the only one DJ wasnt clearly on the short end was their pre season fight.

Old
12-24-2007, 08:36 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Solid game all around by everyone. I saw more Mike Johnson than I wanted to as well as Mayers and RJ, but that's AM's style. Backman had two beautiful outlet passes that led to outstanding scoring chances by our checkers that they didn't finish. I don't want to see Mayers on the Powerplay anymore either. He is not a sniper. He should've had 4 goals today, but he and the rest of the checkers played very well. Perron needs to remember to cover the point men on D. They got way too many shots. He missed his assignments. Good offensive game though. I like Tkachuk Perron and Stempniak. as well as Boyes-Mcdonald-Kariya and Mayers-McClement-Backes.

Glad Jackman survived the fight. Lucic has been destructive this year. I thought he might get his jaw broke again. I don't think the new jerseys are very good for the fighters. Is it just me or do they stretch too much?

The defense played exceptionally well. In particular, I would point out Jackman, Brewer, and Backman as having very good games. I really didn't have an issue with Backman's hooking penalties. At least he didn't let them walk around him for a scoring chance. A couple other D-men should have taken penalties to stop point blank chances. Brewer played a solid stay at home game. Jackman played like his old self. Backman did outstanding in the transition game and (I can't believe I'm saying this) clearing/tying up the man in front of the net. The rest of the D were just good.

Kudos to Manny for being the man again.
Turnbull Great point about the Jerseys if you go on fight sites most of the fighter hate these new jerseys