HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOR: NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ for ___________

Old
12-22-2007, 06:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
RUMOR: NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ for ___________

This is interesting because it got mentioned TWICE on the Puckrakers blog. It may or may not be Prucha, but it makes the most sense. Does he help our team? I'm not so sure.

TSN.ca Scouting Report...
Assets: Owns a sweet pair of hands, and plenty of shiftiness to go along with it. Plays a feisty game and never backs down from opponents.
Flaws: Can get pushed around because of limited size. Is still learning how to play the pro game. Needs more work in the defensive zone.
Career potential: Top six winger.

Now, who would the Jackets be sending the other way?

Here are my guesses. I'd like to hear yours. One of the following, (plus maybe a pick)...

1.) JASON CHIMERA - Was he being showcased on the first line last night? This would trade one slumping forward for another.
2.) MICHAEL PECA - Perhaps the CBJ do not resign him at the end of the season and are willing the deal the veteran who has shown flashes of brillance, but missed too many games to injury. Such a move clears the way for Derrick Brassard to come up to the show.
3.) DAVID VYBORNY - Also slumping, also someone who may not be resigned by Howson. Doesn't exactly play Hitch Hockey. Allows Vybes to skate with fellow Czech Jagr.

Of course, this may turn out to be nothing, but it's fun to discuss.

Last edited by leesmith: 12-22-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added link, scouting report
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:41 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Now that I think about it, Prucha was Vyborny's linemate on the Czech national team in Torino. Makes sense to me but I don't see Vybes going back the other way. I don't know if the Rangers would be interested in Peca with all of his injuries this year.

Chimmer would make sense though I would hate to see him go. Lindstrom is waiting in the wings too.

Fritsche is a posibility too. He is versatile and brings a lot of energy. As much as I hate Avery, Parma might look good on a line with him.

Brule is another name I would throw out there but I don't think he would be traded for Prucha.

The Dancin' Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Renion

Getting a Czech out of them would make sense, given the success Howson has had signing 'em thus far. Prucha aside, is Straka available? Hell, let's steal their top-scoring d-man, Rozsival (another Czech).

I thought of Chimera and Fritsche going the other way, too, though it'd be poor timing to trade Chimera. Klesla is a possibility, if we're talking something better coming our way. Klesla keeps showing he's replaceable, which frustrates me. But there's always that tempting potential.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:57 PM
CBJSlash

I don't think trading Chimera would be a good move in my opinion. I'm honestly not sure what the Rangers would be interested in. Fritsche seems the most likely candidate to move for us, but why would the Rangers make that trade?

I do like that salary for next year though. If Prucha could be a top 6 wing for us then it would be well worth it, but I'm honestly not a big fan of his.

Prucha has 2 goals in 35 games.........

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 07:13 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

I don't really see what Prucha brings to us that we really need. A left winger with 30g/20a type talent? Don't we already have a bigger, more proven version of that in Modin?

Hmmmm, maybe that answers the question: perhaps Howson has no confidence in Freddy's ability to come back this season.

As for who might go the other way, we're starting to be "blessed" with players who can be traded with little shakeup to the lineup. I've been rooting for Rusty since day 1, but I think he is what he is now, and Methot is a serviceable replacement, in my opinion. If GlenX is for real, that opens up names like Sestito and Picard who could be used as pot sweeteners, too. Vyborny would be a nice pick up for any team that needed a good two-way guy who can contribute.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 07:22 PM
noodleboy*

Seeing how Prucha only really produces when he's with Jagr or Nylander, I don't think it would be prudent for Howson to move a significant piece of the team to land him.

Furthermore, I don't think Columbus' problem with offense is a lack of snipers, as Prucha is. I think it's more of a systematic flaw that fails to excel in puck possession, mostly due to a lack of a puck-moving defenseman/effective powerplay quarterback.

noodleboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 07:56 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Toews Me Bro View Post
Seeing how Prucha only really produces when he's with Jagr or Nylander, I don't think it would be prudent for Howson to move a significant piece of the team to land him.

Furthermore, I don't think Columbus' problem with offense is a lack of snipers, as Prucha is. I think it's more of a systematic flaw that fails to excel in puck possession, mostly due to a lack of a puck-moving defenseman/effective powerplay quarterback.
Here's where you and I will disagree. Key on Nash - and you usually beat the Blue Jackets. Simply because we DONT have a sniper on the team to take pressure off him. The lack of a PP quarterback is a separate problem.

Old
12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMthespoon View Post
I don't really see what Prucha brings to us that we really need. A left winger with 30g/20a type talent? Don't we already have a bigger, more proven version of that in Modin?
I'm pretty sure Prucha is a natural center.

The Dancin' Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Kashew*

Send a message via AIM to Kashew* Send a message via MSN to Kashew*
heh, i'd laugh if they took chimera...i guess scoring an end to end shortie against the rangers makes them want you.

Kashew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:11 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
the rangers are still pretty high on Petr so im guessing they would want something pretty worthwhile back from the Jackets....Sather is probably going to try and get Brule which would be awesome for the Rangers but i doubt the Jackets are going to let him go easily

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Jason Chimera for Marcel Hossa pefect deal 4 both teams No way Prucha gets dealt for just Chimera. I would think maybe Prucha for Brule or Prucha, Malik and 2ed for Klesla

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:26 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Jason Chimera for Marcel Hossa pefect deal 4 both teams No way Prucha gets dealt for just Chimera. I would think maybe Prucha for Brule or Prucha, Malik and 2ed for Klesla
I don't know how Marcel Hossa could be any value to us unless it made it more likely Marian Hossa would sign for us.

Chimera for Hossa is brutal. Something seems to be up, but I doubt Chimera is moved. More likely to be Fritsche, Malhotra, or Brule.

Old
12-22-2007, 09:29 PM
CBJSlash

Just for the sake of saying insane things.... what if we are interested in Jagr?

Old
12-22-2007, 09:43 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
Just for the sake of saying insane things.... what if we are interested in Jagr?
u can have him...and im not just saying this insanely...please take him

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Prucha would be a nice addition, and he can play center.

Timeless Winter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Ooohh...Slash... I don't know if "insane" is the word I'd have chosen to describe that one.

falcor and I are watching you...

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
yeah, from my understanding, Jagr isn't performing, perfect fit in CBJ.

I don know, the only guy I'd even remotely like from New York, other than the phenomenal goaltender, would be Shanahan, but that's from having a Redwing fan in me, I don't think getting prucha would honestly affect our team in the long run. I don't see him producing any more here, than in New York. It might spark some energy in the first week he'd be in the roster or so, but after that, it'd be an all to familar rut.

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I don't know how Marcel Hossa could be any value to us unless it made it more likely Marian Hossa would sign for us.

Chimera for Hossa is brutal. Something seems to be up, but I doubt Chimera is moved. More likely to be Fritsche, Malhotra, or Brule.
I doubt its Manny unless Betts is out. Sather dealt Manny when he was here. Which was a dumb move. If Manny for Betts. Id do that. Betts would fit well under Hitch, he just dont have any offense at all. Id like Fritsche or Brule but the Rangers already have a problem giving dawes ice time.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:03 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

In reading your thoughts, this is actually making more sense to me. The Rangers need offense, yes, but they also need defense. I think Renion may be onto something. So I'll add:

4.) Rostislav Klesla - trade a Czech for a Czech. A prospect with potential for a prospect with potential - yet both not really living up to it this year. A classic "change of scenery" trade.

Old
12-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Maybe we can trade the rights to Jaroslav Balastik?!

Seriously though, I don't think Prucha is our answer.

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
In reading your thoughts, this is actually making more sense to me. The Rangers need offense, yes, but they also need defense. I think Renion may be onto something. So I'll add:

4.) Rostislav Klesla - trade a Czech for a Czech. A prospect with potential for a prospect with potential - yet both not really living up to it this year. A classic "change of scenery" trade.
I think trading Klesla is too problematic for the Jackets given the likely departure of Foote in a few months, the continuing questions surrounding Wescott's health, and the ongoing erratic play of Tollefson. Yes, Methot could come up ... but that leaves Syracuse in a tenuous position with their D as we've not exactly stocked the Syracuse pantry with defensive talent. We'd be in a slightly better position had we not lost Brookbank to waivers.

I don't see us trading a dman for a forward straight up.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Defense is what they need.... I really think Hitchcock wants Methot up here, his last callup he sat in the pressbox? Very strange? Hitch and Howie may have differing fews on our defense.

Anyway, other than Klesla, Hedja and Russell I'd trade any or all of our remaining defenseman....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:25 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Toews Me Bro View Post
Bingo.

Pass on Prucha. He's not a "Hitch type player" -- too light. I think they'd look towards younger more NA type players. Maybe a guy like Dubinsky or Callahan.

Its certainly not gonna be a big name like Gomez, Jagr or Shanahan.

Of course who wouldn't love to get their hands on Marc Staal but its gonna take someone like a Zherdev to get our hands on him.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 08:52 AM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
A big no thanks to Prucha. And Malik, for that matter.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 10:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Defense is what they need.... I really think Hitchcock wants Methot up here, his last callup he sat in the pressbox? Very strange? Hitch and Howie may have differing fews on our defense.

Anyway, other than Klesla, Hedja and Russell I'd trade any or all of our remaining defenseman....
No, actually, the Rangers don't need defense. They need scoring.