HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOR: NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ for ___________

Old
12-23-2007, 11:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
the rangers are still pretty high on Petr so im guessing they would want something pretty worthwhile back from the Jackets....Sather is probably going to try and get Brule which would be awesome for the Rangers but i doubt the Jackets are going to let him go easily
Nope. I don't think they are that high on Prucha at all. I don't think Renney was ever that big a fan.

12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Post from the Rangers board thread regarding these trade rumours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Guys, it's about Vyborny.
It was reported in Czech TV that Sather called Vyborny one week ago if he is interested to play for a Rangers.
And obviously dancing between GM's has begun ;-)
Vyborny had serious chemistry with Jagr on Czech national teams(although Prospal would be better choice for Jagr).
Vyborny is heart and soul player, he was captain for czech teams for several years as well. Can play center or wing, great PKer.
Small stature, plays hockey by classic "czech smart" way. He is first pass guy, got a good wrister too.
Straka and him are almost very same...great skaters.
Sather realizes that if Jagr will not be going, Rangers are scheduled for early exit in play offs. Jagr is not able to play with anyone anymore.
Gomez and JJ clicks well now, but obviously Rangers need more than one scoring line...and scoring line is where Gomez plays.

Prucha seems to be obvious choice
Vyborny's contract is very similar to Prucha's, and ends up after this season.
Prucha for Vyborny and 4th

Straka - Vyborny - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Shanny
Avery - Dubi - Hossa/Dawes
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

If the trade will happen and doesn't include Vyborny, i'll eat my crow
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post11739813

The Dancin' Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Call me crazy, but I don't think opposing GMs call players up and ask if they're interested in playing for their team (tampering and all that).

In addition, if a player is going to be traded, GMs don't ask for their opinion (unless they have a NTC). They make the deal and the player complies.

And if people are pencilling Vybes in as a first-line center, they're gonna be disappointed.

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:10 PM
The Dancin' Beaver

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dancin' Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Call me crazy, but I don't think opposing GMs call players up and ask if they're interested in playing for their team (tampering and all that).
True, but there is nothing keeping another player, like Jagr for instance, giving him a call. I don't buy it really either but it is kind of a slumping forward for a slumping forward trade and makes sense that way. Of course, if you take what several posters on the Rangers board are saying to heart, Vyborny would be a fool NOT to want to leave cow town for the bright lights and a chance to play with his good buddy Jags on an actual play-off bound team.

Quote:
In addition, if a player is going to be traded, GMs don't ask for their opinion (unless they have a NTC). They make the deal and the player complies.
That all depends on the player and the GM. If the organization has a lot of respect for a player they most certainly will take the player's feelings into consideration. Not that the player will have the final word without a NTC but his wishes could make the difference in whether or not the trigger is pulled.

Quote:
And if people are pencilling Vybes in as a first-line center, they're gonna be disappointed.
Yeah, I don't know how well that would work either. Vybes could surprise us though.

The Dancin' Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They don't need your typical first line center. They need someone who Jagr can play with.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 12:54 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They don't need your typical first line center. They need someone who Jagr can play with.
Vybes isn't really a center at all, let alone "typical". We tried him there in a desparate attempt to find someone, ANYONE, to play next to Nash, but he seemed completely out of sorts in that position and the experiment ended quickly. He may have better success with Jagr, who knows.

DJAnimosity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:05 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

As much as I like Vyborny and want to see him retire a Blue Jacket, I'd make that trade straight-up.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:15 PM
osucbj03

Send a message via AIM to osucbj03
I'm very, very surprised at the willingness to trade Rusty, let alone for something not that desireable.

If we traded Rusty for Prucha we'd have a log jam on the second line with good 3rd line wingers. We would end up having rotating 2nd liners and probably eventually trading one (for a defenseman). I just think if we make this trade it has to be forward for forward.

I of course have little to base this on, but as for Vyborny, I really think that Columbus' media is a big draw for him. He is a very reserved person if you have ever seen him at a signing or Jacketsfest or anything like that. If he was in NY and having the season he is having here (after being a fan favorite and top producer for years) he would be taking a lot more flack.

However, he would probably like to at least taste the playoffs in the NHL before returning to the Czech.

osucbj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:26 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Prucha would be a nice addition, and he can play center.
Prucha is not a center. Even in the Czech Republic, he did it in a pinch, but by no means is he a full time pivot.

Combine this with the necessary two-way battle it takes to be a center in the NHL, Petr Prucha is and will be a winger (preferably LW).

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 01:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Prucha is not a center. Even in the Czech Republic, he did it in a pinch, but by no means is he a full time pivot.

Combine this with the necessary two-way battle it takes to be a center in the NHL, Petr Prucha is and will be a winger (preferably LW).
And same goes for Vybes. He can take a draw if need be, but he's a winger - preferably a right winger.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
OUJacket

I have a hard time believing they're scouting the Jackets for Vyborny. If they had been (as the Dispatch guys stated), they wouldn't have been in Columbus multiple times "the past couple of weeks." They'd have a good look at him in a suit and tie, but that's about it.

While I wouldn't mind Prucha at all, giving up Vyborny for him seems ridiculous. Someone mentioned that it could be an "advanced rental," but with our team in a position it's never been, why trade your franchise scoring leader to another team that isn't a lock to make a significant playoff run?

OUJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
cr7

whenever i caught a rnagers game last year, whenever pru took a faceoff he won, and yes he played center in pardubice before coming to NY

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:57 PM
CapnCornelius

God no. If I have to hear Dschingis Khan on the rare occassion this guy scores, I'll puke.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:56 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieGardocki View Post
i mentioned in a different thread, something along the lines of vybes and foote. what would it take to get these 2?
Won't happen because Foote has a NTC and Vyborny wouldn't get more then a used puck from anyone based on his play this year.

MFRONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Won't happen because Foote has a NTC and Vyborny wouldn't get more then a used puck from anyone based on his play this year.
pity too, because the man does have talent, to bad he hasn't used it at all

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Foote's NTC is for all intents and purposes a non-issue. Do you think a competitive guy like Foote is going to pass on going to a playoff team to stay with us for a few extra months? Doubtful.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:08 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

lets get petr cajanek as well to make jagr happy

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Mogilny89

What about Drury? I know it's far fetched but I mean why are we going to go out and trade for another winger when its SO obvious we have needs at center. Gomez is having a better season statistically, and I'm sure they'd be ok with losing the salary of Drury, who is a -9 this season. Remember, they didn't want to sign them both initially, and they were after a guy we know well - Mr. Peca.

Drury for Peca?

I think that's much more likely than Prucha for Chimera or Vybes.

Mogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny89 View Post
What about Drury? I know it's far fetched but I mean why are we going to go out and trade for another winger when its SO obvious we have needs at center. Gomez is having a better season statistically, and I'm sure they'd be ok with losing the salary of Drury, who is a -9 this season. Remember, they didn't want to sign them both initially, and they were after a guy we know well - Mr. Peca.

Drury for Peca?

It's an oversimplification to reply with this, but I'll do it anyway...

Then why not (if you're the Rags) just sign Peca and not Drury last offseason?

Old
12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
disgruntledPSLholder

you're right, it was an oversimplification.

disgruntledPSLholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I actually wouldn't be surprised if NYR are interested in Peca; he was all but headed to MSG before Howson signed him. I heard the only reason he's not playing for them right now is that the NYR were dragging their feet over the terms of the contract, so Peca just signed with someone else.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2007, 12:08 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised if NYR are interested in Peca; he was all but headed to MSG before Howson signed him. I heard the only reason he's not playing for them right now is that the NYR were dragging their feet over the terms of the contract, so Peca just signed with someone else.
that would be dumb, trade for someone u could have signed a few months ago. i know it happened with scatchard in boston.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 08:52 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny89 View Post

Drury for Peca?

1.) Drury has a full NMC (No Movement Clause) which means he's a NYR for the life of the contract. He's also a life long Rangers fan and has wanted to come to NY for years.

2.) The Rangers didn't like what they saw from Peca's medical reports. By the looks of it, they guessed right. The guy has missed time on three seperate occassions already this season.

3.) Drury for Peca, not unless you add Brassard to that equation and I think we all know that's not going to happen. Even without the NMC, Drury is worth ALOT more than just Peca today.

4.) Even with Drury having such a bad season, he's still on pace to score approx. 54 points, which is 4 points short of his career annual average.

Drury was signed for a few reasons, he's an extremely tireless worker, comes to play every night and while some nights you won't see his name on the score sheet, he's more than likely affected the game in some fashion. He's a clutch player that scores goals in key moments and has done so throughout his career. He's a player our younger forwards can look up to and learn from in how to prepare yourself day in and day out.

Prucha, Malik and a 2nd for Klesla and Vyborny

for the record, I'm not a fan of this simply because I believe the Rangers need a more physical type forward on our top six, but I think that Sather believes that finding Jagr that 3rd component for his line with Straka (providing Jagr that comfort level again) is important for this teams success this season. The fact that Vyborny isn't a natural center is irrelevent in that the Czech system isn't designed for typical positional play rather it's designed more for a possession and constant cycling where knowing how to play in the offensive zone is more important than playing any one specific position.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Foote's NTC is for all intents and purposes a non-issue. Do you think a competitive guy like Foote is going to pass on going to a playoff team to stay with us for a few extra months? Doubtful.
Don't pretend to remotely know what a player is thinking. I can think of a couple of reasons why he might not waive his NTC.

1. He might want to finish what he started, and honor kind of thing.
2. He may, unlike you, believe we actually have a chance if we get healthy.
3. If I was going to waive my NTC, the NYR wouldn't be my first choice. They are struggling huge and they are hardly a "in" team to make the playoffs, never mind a run for the cup. There are 10 other teams I would choose before the Rangers, no offense to their fans.... They barely have a better record hanging out in the east.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Prucha would be a nice addition, and he can play center.
Prucha isn't defensively capable enough to play center.

I don't see how Chimera helps the Rangers, and there's no way they would trade for Peca considering they refused to sign him over the offseason.

I'm guessing the Rangers are interested in Vyborny or Klesla, and mayyyybe Foote.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote